PDA

View Full Version : uncut F13th videos?

novaguy2000
05-02-2002, 09:15 PM
Hey all,

Any of you know of good places to purchase import VHS versions of any uncut Friday the 13ths? How many are available in an extended version (I can only find part 1)? Are they worth it? Any advice you have would be appreciated. Thanks!

KillerCannabis
05-02-2002, 11:44 PM
i dont have a clue where you can buy them at, maybe e-bay. But I'd say that they would all be worth it since many of the films were butchered by the MPAA (bastards) and there would be plenty of good gore to be seen in an uncut version of any of them. I'd recommend either parts 4 or 7 since I think those are the 2 that got butchered the most.

John
05-03-2002, 12:59 AM
I remember seeing a VCD for F13th Part 1 Uncut on eBay. Not sure how much it went for, but it seemed to be a fairly regular item.

DefJeff
05-03-2002, 01:37 AM
dosent pokerindustries.com carry a vcd of the uncut jap friday the 13th part 1

DefJeff
05-03-2002, 01:51 AM
yea, they do have it. its under misc vcds

http://pokerindustries.com/acatalog/friday13vcdth.jpg

also, im pretty sure all of the friday series is missing some footage

Wez4555
05-03-2002, 02:01 AM
i may get that vcd..what region code and format (ntsc or pal)?

rxfiend
05-03-2002, 04:42 AM
VCDs have no region code. Also it is in NTSC format. i have this vcd (and bought it from Poker as a matter of fact) and it's great!! definately worth the money.
as for other F13 films being uncut, the only other one is "Jason Goes to Hell." you can easily find the "directors cut"/unrated VHS of this film at any decent movie store. It's definately worth the purchase!!

Wez4555
05-03-2002, 05:04 AM
yeah ive seen the uncut JGTH a few times so im waiting for the dvd (come on new line!). in fact i dont think ive ever seen the cut version haha. oh well thanks for the info..and i feel stupid about the region code thing..i should of known.:rolleyes:

Wez4555
05-03-2002, 05:05 AM
oh yeah..ive never bought a VCD before (ive made home made ones) so what are they like? any extras? hows the print? thanks

rxfiend
05-03-2002, 05:26 AM
well VCDs range in quality. it's hard to generalize. but i can speak on the F13th vcd. it is P&S, however it's no big deal. there are BURNT in chinese subtitles, but after awhile, you hardly notice them. The print looks very clean! pic quality looks a little better than a new VHS and it sounds good as well.

oh ya, no extras. then again, neither do the Paramount DVDs. LOL

oh ya, JGTH is supposely coming out in the fall, along with JX and F13th 7 & 8!!! JGTH and JX will have extra features. JGTH is gonna have commentary, not sure what else. as for JX, it's gonna have a commentary, deleted scenes (which some may be edited back into the film), behind the scenes footage, etc... this info comes from ppl associated with the films. as for the other 2 F13 dvds, don't expect much. Hopefully part 7 gets released uncut as there has been a campaign to get it released that way.

Wez4555
05-03-2002, 11:56 PM
thanks for the info...i dont care bout extras..after all its only $12..unlike Paramount dvds that are cut and have no extras. you bastards get your heads out your asses and release them all uncut with many extras..or at least uncut barebones for dirt cheap..id prefure the extras tho. do you know if the JGTH will be uncut or not?

KR~!
05-04-2002, 02:21 AM
do you know if the DVD of part 6 is uncut or not?

TobalRox
05-04-2002, 04:38 AM
It's newline, so JGTH WILL be uncut.

rxfiend
05-04-2002, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by KR~!
do you know if the DVD of part 6 is uncut or not?

it's the R rated version, just like all the other Paramount F13th dvds. however, the video/audio quality is really good and definately worth a purchase. i don't know of anyway to get an uncut version of this (or any other F13th film except 1 & 9).

KR~!
05-04-2002, 07:38 AM
you should all read this http://www.pitofhorror.com/f13/article1.html

zombi3
05-04-2002, 11:01 AM
Anybody know if JX will be uncut when it hits dvd? Some of the gore was obviously removed during a number of kill scenes. Hopefully New Line will release JGTH and JX uncut WITHOUT having to be bludgened with E-mails and petitions.

dlundh
05-04-2002, 02:59 PM
JGTH is out uncut in an open matte transfer on DVD.

It's a good quality release.

Andrew
05-04-2002, 07:12 PM
Hey zombi3, I completely agree. And when you think about it, is anyone AT ALL going to complain about it being released uncut?? Nope. They may get less sales to Blockbuster and whatever, but not many people aside from the fans are gonna be getting Jason X. Just like the Artisan/Sleepless fiasco, it just doesn't make sense to me :rolleyes:.

dlundh: Most of the people talking about having JGTH and JX on DVD uncut are from the States, and most of us hear don't have region free players :(.

rxfiend
05-04-2002, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by zombi3
Anybody know if JX will be uncut when it hits dvd? Some of the gore was obviously removed during a number of kill scenes. Hopefully New Line will release JGTH and JX uncut WITHOUT having to be bludgened with E-mails and petitions.

only 20 frames (not seconds) were cut from Jason X (it was either the director or writer of the film that mentioned this). i imagine it should be edited back in, but it's gonna be barely noticeable. however, they may add back in some deleted stuff (there is more footage of Jason at the beginning before he gets out of the chains), so that stuff may be put back in as well.

zombi3
05-05-2002, 06:20 AM
20 frames? That's less than a second of footage! To me, it appeared that 4 scenes were trimmed: The murder of the pilot; the scene where the girl gets sucked through the hole in the side of the ship; a throat slashing; and that dude who gets lopped in half (they only showed the top half of his body being dragged away). Maybe I'm wrong, but that's just the impression I got.
If that is the case, then this would be the first Friday that was made virtually bloodless before the MPAA got their dirty hands on it. I must admit though, I'm kinda disappointed - only because I was pleasantly surprised with the amount of gore that was restored to the director's cut of Part 9. Now it seems we don't have much to look forward to when they release the JX dvd.

zombi3
05-05-2002, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by rxfiend
i have this vcd (and bought it from Poker as a matter of fact) and it's great!! definately worth the money.

I take it the Friday vcd is 2 discs? That's kind of a pain in the ass, having to change your disc in the middle of a movie - like with those damn "flipper" dvds.

rxfiend
05-05-2002, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by zombi3

I take it the Friday vcd is 2 discs? That's kind of a pain in the ass, having to change your disc in the middle of a movie - like with those damn "flipper" dvds.

yes it's two discs.

rxfiend
05-05-2002, 03:18 PM
according to Todd Farmer (writer of JX, who also had a small role in the film as DALLAS, the guy that looked like Stone Cold steve austin...lol), here's what was cut:

Kicker crawling across the floor with his legs missing was trimmed by a couple of frames and Fat Lou's insides on the console was trimmed a few frames.

So as you can see, only about 20 frames were cut. a lot of the deaths were not filmed, but just played off screen.