PDA

View Full Version : Friday the 13th uncut box set - cruel joke?

zombi3
05-08-2002, 09:26 AM
I just read over at the Horrorspeak (http://www.horrorspeak.com) forum that New Line has bought the rights for all the F13 films from Paramount and that they have announced an 11-disc box set for sometime next year, featuring uncut versions of all ten films and a shitload of extras. Can this be true?

rxfiend
05-08-2002, 02:53 PM
i highly doubt it.

Fizban
05-08-2002, 04:08 PM
Someone has a cruel sense of humor.

KR~!
05-08-2002, 10:04 PM
damn them to hell!!!:mad:

Wez4555
05-09-2002, 12:52 AM
if thats the case..then why didnt new line release all of the Nightmare on elm streets uncut?

TobalRox
05-09-2002, 02:03 AM
If they did, then most stores wouldn't have carried it.

KR~!
05-09-2002, 04:04 AM
but, that's what on-line stores are for!:p

Beastus
05-09-2002, 10:45 PM
Someone posted this rumour at www.fridaythe13thforum.com also. I can never imagine this happening.

Wez4555
05-09-2002, 10:55 PM
im sure most online stores and bestbuy would carry it..thats all that matters right? haha

Wez4555
05-09-2002, 10:57 PM
oh yeah..if this is true that would be bad ass...but of coarse im sure new line will put them in crapper snappers...shit these companys need to learn. ill pay the extra $1 a case to not have the crapper snappers.

KillerCannabis
05-10-2002, 05:01 AM
This is a horribly cruel joke I assume. The Friday the 13th series is my favorite in horror and I'd kill (really, I would) to have a SE box set of all the movies. But I doubt thats going to happen anytime soon. It would be so cool to finally see ALL the movies uncut, but I wont keep my fingers crossed since they'd probably turn black and fall off from waiting.

thrashard76
05-10-2002, 05:09 AM
Maybe an extras disk could be included in the box set. This could cover most if not all the movie's extras like behind the scenes, interviews, music videos & the like. I'd like to see running comentaries on each of the 9 or 10 movies itself.

thrashard76
05-10-2002, 05:36 AM
I found this at: www.fridaythe13thforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=13351

New Line has announced that next year there will be a special 11-disc box set of the Friday the 13th films. They decided to make the box set immediately after Paramount sold the rights of the other movies to them. All films will be presented uncut,unedited,and uncensored. Each movie will have a commentary by the director of the film,stars which are yet to be announced(although New Line says that the survivor(s) of each film will do a commentary on the film they were in),and the man who played Jason in the movie,so yes Kane Hodder will do a commentary on films 7-10. The company still hasn't announced a street date for the box set,but they say it'll probably be released by the end of next year. Here are the following features for each film:
Friday the 13th
Widesceen(1.85:1)
5.1 Dolby digital
Feature-length commentary

Friday the 13th part 2
Widescreen(1.85:1)
5.1 Dolby digital
Interview with the director and stars

Friday the 13th part 3-D
5.1 Dolby Digital
Choice of watching the film in 3-D(with 3 glasses)or not
Explaining 3-D:a featurette explaining why the film was put in 3-D and how they did it
Cool clips:clips from the film where the 3-d glasses come in good use

Friday the 13th:The Final Chapter
5.1 Dolby digital

Friday the 13th:The New Beginning
5.1 Dolby Digital
Friday the 13th-A New Direction:the screenwriter and others talk about the direction they took with this film and how some people feel about it

Friday the 13th:Jason Lives
5.1 Dolby Digital

Friday the 13th:A New Blood
5.1 Dolby Digital

Friday the 13th:Jason Takes Manhattan
5.1 Dolby digital
The worst?:Interviews with fans,stars,and filmakers talking about the whole thing on why people say it's the worst in the series

Jason Goes To Hell:The Final Friday
5.1 Dolby digital

Jason X
Feature-length commentary(no other features have been told yet)

Camp Crystal Lake(disc 11)
The disc will be split up into sections,but here are the complete listings of the features:

I'm A Survivor:A group interview with all the survivors of the Friday films

Poster concepts

Makeup tips:All the makeup and gore effects crew talk on how they did some of the highlighted effects in the movies

The victims: A list of the victims from Jason,cause of death,and the clip of thir demise

Featurettes on all films with never before seen footage

The Enemy:Interviews with fans,filmakers and actors about the MPAA treating the films.

New Line hasn't announced anymore features,but they say there will be much more features on the discs

DefJeff
05-10-2002, 05:41 AM
oh.
my.
god.

if this is true i will be all over this shit. i dont like Nightmare on Elm St enough to shell out for that box set, but this i will snatch up in a second!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thrashard76
05-10-2002, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by DefJeff
oh.
my.
god.

if this is true i will be all over this shit. i dont like Nightmare on Elm St enough to shell out for that box set, but this i will snatch up in a second!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heh-heh, yeah. But you know this is probably speculated B.S. But none-the-less interesting. If all the legal crap from the different movie companies can be settled then yes, this will be well worth the dough!:cool:

TobalRox
05-10-2002, 08:30 AM
I hate to burst all your bubbles, but those "features" listed sound way too much like a fanboy's wet dream to be something people would really put on a DVD set. a featurette entitled "the enemy" when talking about the MPAA? I don't think that would make too many people over there happy, and New Line wouldn't want to piss them off (wouldn't want to have R rated Lord of the Rings from now on because of it, woudl you :D hehe). Seriously though, it just sounds like things someone would make up to be their dream set, and not something that would actually come out. I mean, yes, New Line would be the company to do it, but I would put money down that this is fake.

zombi3
05-10-2002, 01:43 PM
Yeah, probably bullshit. :mad:

DVD Connoisseur
05-10-2002, 11:00 PM
The status of the poster says it all - banned. Enough said.

DVD Connoisseur's Golden Rule #36 - If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.....:mad:

KR~!
05-11-2002, 12:29 AM
DVD Connoisseur's Golden Rule #36 - If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.....

so true:(

rhett
05-12-2002, 02:01 AM
Even if that set is never coming out, those specs would make for an amazing box set!

Martin Blythe has been quoted on HTF of saying that horror fans are going to be VERY happy this fall. So I think we are going to be getting some classic slashers, extras, and maybe even a box set of the Friday films. I can't wait to see what Paramount has up their sleaves.

KR~!
05-12-2002, 03:57 AM
You know guys, even if it was released the price would be insane.:(

creamstick
05-12-2002, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by KR~!
You know guys, even if it was released the price would be insane.:(

Amd we'd still buy it!

zombi3
05-13-2002, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by rhett
Even if that set is never coming out, those specs would make for an amazing box set!

Martin Blythe has been quoted on HTF of saying that horror fans are going to be VERY happy this fall. So I think we are going to be getting some classic slashers, extras, and maybe even a box set of the Friday films. I can't wait to see what Paramount has up their sleaves.

The only thing Paramount could do to make horror fans happy is to sell the rights to a company who gives a shit. If the F13 box set comes from Paramount, you can bet it will just be the crappy R-rated bare-bones discs in a new cardboard box so they can milk it a little more.

...Unless, Friday 7 is due out this fall. Could it be that...Is it possible?
Nah, I might believe it when I see it.

Justin Kerswell
05-14-2002, 12:42 AM
It's a shame that the box set news is bullshit, but that's certainly what it appears to be. To add to the other reasons people have put forward as to why this might be so: Paramount would *never* sell the series' rights before putting out Parts 7 & 8, that would be financial suicide.

rxfiend
05-14-2002, 06:32 AM
i really hope Part 7 gets released uncut or at least has a workprint version on the dvd (which was suggested by M. Blythe at one time).

as for the "specs" of the dvd box set on this thread, it's bs. hell, they even got the ratio wrong for part 3 (it's 2.35:1, not 1.85). also, F13forum is full of wishful thinking fans. a lot on there actually believed Jason x would make 30$ million easily. lol. don't believe the rumors on there!

zombi3
05-18-2002, 11:37 AM
Well, let's just hope that New Line doesn't drop the ball on the Jason Goes to Hell dvd and cater to the evil empire that is Blockbuster Video. The unrated version is the only way to watch this film. And it would be nice if JX was released uncut too, even if it's only a matter of 20 frames.