PDA

View Full Version : Slasher DVD's to come list...

razorbackattack
05-09-2002, 07:08 PM
I was trying to make a list of all the slasher DVD's I know are coming out this year, here's what I could come up with(I know there's more, please add to this if you can, thanks!). Also, if the company releasing them is wrong, please correct me, thanks.

The Prowler (Blue Underground?)
The Initiation (Anchor Bay)
Sleepaway Camp 2 (Anchor Bay)
Sleepaway Camp 3 (Anchor Bay)
The Slayer (Powerplay)
Nightmares In A Damaged Brain (Powerplay)
Massacre At Central High (Powerplay)

please add to this!

DVD Connoisseur
05-09-2002, 08:54 PM
....The Burning (MGM) - hopefully! Release date is still TBA but it should be this year....

razorbackattack
05-09-2002, 09:02 PM
Oh yeah! I was gonna add that but I wasn't sure if it was still being released or not, I hope it will! Also, any word of MY BLOODY VALENTINE ever coming out on DVD(uncut...I guess I'm asking for too much here, but I did hear a rumor about this once)?

Fizban
05-09-2002, 10:47 PM
I have heard that Parmount will be releasing April Fools Day (always watned this one on DVD), and Friday the 13th parts 7-8 in October.

STREET TRASH
05-10-2002, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by razorbackattack

The Prowler (Blue Underground?)
The Initiation (Anchor Bay)
Sleepaway Camp 2 (Anchor Bay)
Sleepaway Camp 3 (Anchor Bay)
The Slayer (Powerplay)
Nightmares In A Damaged Brain (Powerplay)
Massacre At Central High (Powerplay)

please add to this!

I think THE PROWLER is coming out from Anchor Bay, not Blue Underground (as originally planned)

THE SLAYER and NIGHTMARE (in a Damaged Brain) are coming out from Program Power/Lucky 13 - not Powerplay

Finally, it is CLASS REUNION MASSACRE that is slated to also come out from Program Power, not MASSACRE AT CENTRAL HIGH.

PPower/Lucky 13 also have plans to release THE SLAYER.

STREET TRASH
05-10-2002, 03:34 AM
I've also heard very fresh news that UNHINGED will make its way to DVD in Oct. courtesty of Ventura. Again, this news is brand spankin' new, so I dunno if anything is set-in-stone as of yet.

UNHINGED would go great on a double-bill with DON'T GO IN THE WOODS!

STREET TRASH
05-10-2002, 03:36 AM
One more (haha) GRADUATION DAY should be out sometime this year from Troma.

And I think Troma may be doing SPLATTER UNIVERSITY as well but, nothings been finalized (or announced)

KillerCannabis
05-10-2002, 05:59 AM
Motel Hell was also recently announced as a double-feature with Deranged.

Last House on the Left is on the way, uncut.

Sleepaway Camp is supposed to be a "survival" box set with all the films as SE's.

razorbackattack
05-10-2002, 06:04 PM
UNHINGED? Really? I just scored a VHS of that a few months ago. That's great news if it's true!

I thought Powerplay was Lucky 13? I'm confused. Who is Powerplay then?

razorbackattack
05-11-2002, 03:05 AM
just read this at:
http://www.sexgoremutants.co.uk/

Other US releases worthy of your attention heading your way include SGM Festival fave 'The Attic Expeditions' (see our 'Dead by Dawn 2001' Spotlight review) and the underrated teen slasher (and misguidedly banned in the UK) 'Unhinged' which is coming on October!

rhett
05-12-2002, 01:37 AM
My Bloody Valentine will be coming this fall from Paramount...still no word on the specs, but Martin Blythe has been quoted on saying it is indeed coming (as is April Fools Day).

The last time AB had a public chat they said they couldn't get the rights to The Prowler...where did you hear that news Trash? Because if it's true then great!

razorbackattack
05-12-2002, 03:56 AM
I forgot exactly which board it was, but I read that Bill Lustig's "Blue Underground" company was putting THE PROWLER out, not Anchor Bay, that's all I really know. I don't care who's putting it out, as long as it does come out one day!

That's great news about My Bloody Valentine, hope it really does come out, and uncut too.

Mark Relford
05-12-2002, 06:13 AM
According to Fango's Chopping List, AB has the craptastic The Prey and Berserker on tap for next year. While more deserving slashers, IMO (The Stepfather, Slaughter High, The Mutilator, Silent Night Deadly Night, etc.) are dusting away on a shelf somewhere.
Fox is sitting on Terror Train and Visiting Hours. Columbia is sitting on Happy Birthday To Me. Warners is sitting on Night School and Eyes of a Stranger. I would give my left nut to see these slashers on DVD.:D
rhett, did you ever get enough sigs for the petitions?

gunner
05-12-2002, 06:37 AM
What about The Final Terror? Anchor Bay had this on their future list a while ago but like a few other titles it's mysteriously vanished. I've always liked this 80's oddity,it didn't make a whole lot of sense but it did have some creepy atmosphere at times. Especially when they find the old dilapitated cabin and the scene at the end where the killer hag gets done in by the giant booby trap made by the campers in peril.
I can remember watching this with one of my friends and counting how many times big cans of generic cling peaches make cameos.

Mark Relford
05-12-2002, 06:51 AM
Good call, gunner. I forgot about The Final Terror being on their schedule. It's a pretty decent slasher. The nighttime bus scene was also creepy.

rhett
05-12-2002, 10:13 AM
Mark, we had a Terror Train petition at HTF, and it was extremely successful (one of the best petitions the forum has had, and it has a lot!). Unfortunately, Peter Staddon, Fox's Publicity Rep has not commented on the petition, so who knows what is going on with Terror Train.

I keep hearing rumors that Fox does not own it, and instead Critical Mass (who also owns Black Christmas) has the rights to the film. I've tried contacting them with little luck. :(

Being a slasher fan is tough work! ;)

STREET TRASH
05-12-2002, 11:03 PM
Hmmm...I can't really remember WHERE I read the info concerning THE PROWLER, but last I heard it was ABE and not Blue Underground releasing it; however, this was quite some time ago, so things could've changed since.

I'm fairly certain this film will be given excellent treatment - be it ABE or BU behind it. Anchor Bay are really on the ball as of late, and with Bill "Maniac" Lustig running BU, I have no worries about the future. I've also heard Tom Savini wants to do, or has already done, an audio commentary. Slap on a $12.99 price tag, throw in a good [uncut] transfer, attractive packaging, maybe the requisite trailer/tv spots, and you have yourself one unbeatable disc.

horrorboy101
05-14-2002, 03:11 AM
I sent my HAPPY BDAY TO ME petition to Columbia, I got a response saying that they are working on it and they "understand that it is a cult favorite" and they will hopefully have it out in 2003. I reminded them SE. Rhett, I beg to differ. I heard that FOX last bought it from Key Video (OOB) and they still have it. Critical Mass's DVDs suck IMO and I'd rather see a FOX treatment. My question is whatever happened to the DON'T LOOK NOW Spring 2002 release date.

novaguy2000
05-17-2002, 05:53 PM
Hey Horrorboy101,

Where did you send your letter/e-mail? I'd like to pester em too...maybe if a lot of us do, they'll really release it...

WesReviews
05-25-2002, 11:00 AM
I sent my HAPPY BDAY TO ME petition to Columbia, I got a response saying that they are working on it and they "understand that it is a cult favorite" and they will hopefully have it out in 2003. I reminded them SE.

Good news. I just hope they release it Uncut. I'm pretty sure (by the looks of the deaths in the movie) that footage was cut out of this one. I recently e-mailed them about this and they have yet to reply. I also hope they release it in anamorphic widescreen and not Fullscreen like a lot of their recent catalog releases have been. This sorta scares me, but I'm hoping they'll do this title right.

Horrorboy101, do you mind sharing the e-mail addy with us that you sent the petition to, so we can request that it get the 16x9 widescreen and fully Uncut treatment? I think if a lot of us e-mailed them, they'd listen, seeing as though it's worked so far apparently! Just let me know!

rhett
05-25-2002, 06:13 PM
Happy Birthday To Me is great, and I really hope Columbia does release it! But if they ever do it better not be P&S. I had been emailing Columbia several times about getting my guilty pleasure, Perfect out on DVD, and they finally listened, but in pan and scan! I was so miffed I refused to buy the disc. I wish widescreen TV's would become the norm so we wouldn't have to put up with all this P&S bullshit.