PDA

View Full Version : Elite's Night of the Living Dead question for you Deadites!

wago70
05-10-2002, 06:39 PM
I was watching Elite's great LD of this classic and couldn't help noticing that in every other shot change, there seems to be a quick pause of motion between shots. Anyone else notice this? It's on the DVD, too.

DefJeff
05-10-2002, 07:35 PM
heh, i noticed it on the DVD also, i thought my dvd was fucked up or somethin, glad to see someone else has this happen too

jscott
05-11-2002, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by wago70
I was watching Elite's great LD of this classic and couldn't help noticing that in every other shot change, there seems to be a quick pause of motion between shots. Anyone else notice this? It's on the DVD, too.

I have noticed this, but not on every other scene. I've only noticed it on a couple of parts (when you first see the Bill Hinzman zombie in the cemetery, and when Helen & Harry are arguing in the cellar-Helen is standing and begins to sit down). The reason for this is because the original film negative had damage during those sequences, so instead of editing the dialogue/sound fx track to match the shortened video, the video was timestretched (or slow motioned) to remain in sync with the audio track.

wago70
05-13-2002, 06:54 PM
That makes sense. I thought thyne eyes had gone wonky.