PDA

View Full Version : Just saw Men Behind The Sun

Brainsplatter
05-14-2002, 11:09 PM
Just watch Men Behind The Sun... Some very impressive scenes!
I didn't like the scenes with the cat and the rats because it looks very real and I even think it really happened (didn't it?)

Too bad the subtitles are very, very bad on this Japan-Shock release... Half the time there's no subtitles (Dutch subtitles that is).

Trout
05-14-2002, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Brainsplatter
Just watch Men Behind The Sun... Some very impressive scenes!
I didn't like the scenes with the cat and the rats because it looks very real and I even think it really happened (didn't it?)

It was real.

DVD Connoisseur
05-15-2002, 12:47 AM
http://www.horschamp.qc.ca/9901/offscreen_columns/ManBehind1.html

It's an excellent interview and well worth a read.

Incidentally, this movie was showing at an all-night video show during a 3 day Fantasy Film Festival I attended back in '91. I fell asleep and kept waking up during MBTS....I woke at one point during the cat scene....this scene hid away in my subconscious for a full 10 years...I only remembered it when the DVD was announced. Disturbing stuff indeed.

mcchrist
05-15-2002, 09:35 PM
This is a well made film, but it is quite f***ed up! I find this one very hard to watch, yet I can sit through Salo at a moment's notice, eh?

Brainsplatter
05-16-2002, 08:59 PM
After reading the interview I don't know what to think of T.F. Mou S (or Mous?)... This movie is even more disturbing than I thought. I wonder if the arms of those 2 people in the icewater scene and coolchamber (-196 C) where fake? Are there any special effects at all??? :rolleyes:

quote:
Of course, we didn't use the footage were the boy's face is cut open and pulled down - that would have been way too much!

I agree! This would've made this movie unbearable!!

pappy
05-20-2002, 06:34 AM
The film was not nearly as bad as what really went on. I cannot understand how humans could act this way toward one another. For a clearer understanding check out the link below
www.skycitygallery.com/japan/japan.html