PDA

View Full Version : Finally!

jscott
05-17-2002, 02:40 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1536183687[/URL]

Dave
05-17-2002, 04:08 AM
Congrats! I won one a few weeks back. I have yet to watch it, though. :( I'm hoping to watch it this weekend but it seems doubtful at this point. I'm planning on doing a review for it someday, though I've been dropping hints to Paff that he should review it (cough, cough) instead.

Enjoy it.

John
05-17-2002, 06:16 AM
I ended up on the low end of an auction. I was trying to get a hold of My Bloody Valentine on laser. I can't seem to get my hands on this flick. There is another auction that ends in a day, but I will be out of town, so I doubt that I will get a chance to bid on that one. Oh well, I'm sure it will find it's way to me someday.

John
05-17-2002, 06:17 AM
BTW Dave, how much did that Pioneer LD-S9 set you back if you don't mind my asking.

Paff
05-17-2002, 06:41 PM
Well Dave, I'll do that review of The Thing someday (along with several other "Laser-only" titles like Cannibal Holocaust, Halloween Criterion, People Under the Stairs, etc), but as you know, I still have a few "lesser" titles in my DVD review pile. These aren't good movies, in fact they're pretty bad, but if the companies are nice enough to send us copies, we should at least review them, no?

As far as My Bloody Valentine, I continue to kick myself for E-baying mine for just $11. Did it suddenly go up in value? Looks like I could have sold it to one of you guys for a lot more than what I got, but a lot less than what you're paying now. A win-win situation...

Dave
05-17-2002, 07:33 PM
I know, Paff. There's always a DVD that has priority it seems. Hopefully when the new reviewers are full speed we can do some more LD reviews.

John
05-19-2002, 05:40 PM
My Bloody Valentine is just a hit or miss disc. It went for $30 on Thursday and $13 on Friday. It seems to just be about timing. If I weren't out of town this weekend, I would have had that $13 disc.
I actually thought about a LD review as my second one, but opted for Demonia. Now I am wishing I knocked out an LD when I had the chance.

Admin
05-19-2002, 07:09 PM
The thing with LD reviews is that I still want to post screen shots. Unless you have a video captured card, you won't be able to do that. I do have a video capture card, so if I happen to have the LD as well you can still review it.

John
05-20-2002, 01:44 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if you had them. I would imagine that all of our collections are very similar. With so many titles on DVD, one can narrow down what LD owners probably have in their collection.

John
05-21-2002, 05:13 AM
Here I am bitching about the fact that I can't get my hands on a My Bloody Valentine LD, and it gets announced on DVD. I'm surprised Dave didn't offer to sell me his before posting the news on the main page :D