PDA

View Full Version : Revenge of Frankenstein! Yes, it's coming!

mutleyhyde
05-21-2002, 09:25 AM
YAY! Hammer's Revenge of Frankentein will be released this August 13th by Columbia TriStar (as well as Return of the Vampire, Brotherhood of Satan, and Curse of the Demon). Peter Cushing rules. ROF reportedly will be anamorphic 1.66:1. Woo hoo! DVDDrive-in (http://www.dvddrive-in.com/) has pics of the covers up.

http://www.dvddrive-in.com/images/a-d/columbiaaug4.jpg (http://www.dvddrive-in.com/columbiaaug.htm)

Not bad, eh? They also got a bunch of covers for the upcoming crop of MGM Midnight Movies and other horror releases. Check it out. :)

Yowie
05-21-2002, 01:51 PM
Bloody superb (as Ian Gillan might put it !), and it beats the R2 disc by a week. Only trouble is now I don't know which one to buy. Hell, I love this movie so much I might just buy both of them !. It's the same cover, but R2 (priced at 9.99) has the ratio listed as 1.85:1 while the R1 is 1.66:1. Probably doesn't mean anything. This is one of those times when you need a time machine, 'cos August can't come around quick enough now !.

carl.kolchak
05-21-2002, 07:40 PM
Thanks Hyde! Can't wait! :)

mac-hammer-fan
05-21-2002, 10:47 PM
"Revenge of Frankenstein" is my favorite Frankenstein movie. I am very happy with "Curse of the Demon". I hope it will be the full version.
Columbia also owns the rights of "Torture Garden " and "The Gorgon". Two nice titles for the future...
If only Paramount and Image could release some other classics from the 60s/70s this year.
This summer really looks promising with "Castle of Blood", "Demons of the Mind" and the MGM double bills. I have a lot to order....
:D

Chucky P
06-15-2002, 11:27 PM
I'm glad Columbia got off their ass!

Now release Curse of The Mummy's Tomb!

CJ
06-21-2002, 02:35 AM
I'll second that about a release of Curse of the Mummy's Tomb.

But it's still nice to see Revenge of Frankenstein getting a DVD release. It would also be nice to see Frankenstein and the Monster from Hell get the DVD treatment too!

mac-hammer-fan
06-23-2002, 06:48 PM
Columbia will release "Frankenstein and the Monster from Hell" next year. (fingers crossed) I hope that Warner releases "Frankenstein must be destroyed" soon after "Curse of Frankenstein". :)

Yowie
06-24-2002, 07:54 PM
That would leave only "Evil Of Frankenstein". -Come on you lazy stargazers over at Universal !.

dwatts
02-16-2004, 04:24 PM
Well, I watched this one last night at 4:00 am due to insomnia. I've watched it before of course, this is probably my third visit via the DVD.

It really is a nice DVD, and a nice film. The trailer for Revenge is superb, and why the hell haven't I bought "Earth V. Flying Saucers"?

The story here is just about perfect. You have got to feel sorry for the Baron, even those that try to help him seem to fumble the ball at the earliest opportunity. The monster here is nicely done too - as he changes over time with minimal use of makeup.

Alright, so the ending is a bit weak (not the idea, but how did Cushing keep his face?) and those little eyeballs in the tank are more amusing than anything else. But what the hell, with a film this good that's quibling. You know what, I'm going on another Hammer marathon, I think. I own most of the DVd releases, so it's now cheap entertainment :)