PDA

View Full Version : Silent Night, Deadly Night DVD?

novaguy2000
05-22-2002, 05:24 PM
Has Silent Night, Deadly Night ever been on DVD or will it be? I notice Anchor Bay has part 2 listed as being in the works...

Mr. Giallo
05-22-2002, 05:39 PM
Yes!
The Best Buy I frequent has this film as part of a 5-disc, 10-film "Box of Horror" set for 17.99! I found it in the bargain bin and may just have to pick it up. Each of the 5 discs is two sided, with one film on each side. Other films I can remember being part of the set are Jess Franco's Jack The Ripper, The Satanic Rites of Dracula, Night of the Living Dead (can we say "Public domain," boys and girls?) and a couple of werewolf films. The other titles escape me. I picked up a similar 10-disc "Kung Fu" collection (the company's name is Brentwood and all their 10-disc sets are grouped by genre in orange boxes).
Sounds too good to be true, huh? At $1.80 a movie you obviously have nothing to lose, but if this set is anything like the Kung Fu set, the films will vary in quality--some will be OAR, some will be fullscreen, none will be anamorphic. Chapter stops will not be divided up well. Extras will be laughable--some of the kung fu discs had badly transfered "Caspar the Friendly Ghost" cartoons as extras!
The actual films will also no doubt vary in quality. Some will be available elsewhere on better editions(though not Silent Night, at least not for now), and some will be utter crap that doesn't even deserve to be on VHS let alone DVD. Still, I might just go pick it up this weekend!

betterdan
05-22-2002, 06:07 PM
Uhhh I believe the movie on those discs is Silent Night BLOODY Night not Silent Night Deadly Night. Silent Night Bloody Night is already out on dvd by Diamond and it's not too bad of a disc.

rhett
05-22-2002, 09:24 PM
I'm moving this to the slasher forum.

I am pretty sure SN,DN has not yet been released on DVD. It is a great slasher film though, and hopefully someone owns up and releases it soon!

Wez4555
05-23-2002, 12:04 AM
is the silent night bloody night on the 10 movie thing the uncut version? also is the street fighter movie on the kung fu set uncut as well (like the diamond discs)?

Mr. Giallo
05-23-2002, 01:25 AM
Bummer! I might need glasses-I did think it said "DEADLY." Oh well, I might pick this set up anyway.
As for Street Fighter, I'm not sure if it's uncut or not. It does have what seems to be the entire "castration" scene.

Justin Kerswell
05-23-2002, 02:25 AM
No, you don't need glasses. Earlier pressings of the set did indeed state SNDN was on there (even listing Linnea Quigley as starring), it was a misprint, however. I've heard later pressings have rectified this, though.

Wez4555
05-23-2002, 09:18 AM
too bad...that would be worth $12 alone (getting it at DDD) for SNDN.

KillerCannabis
05-30-2002, 10:12 PM
Not only is the 1st SN, DN not out on disc, but AB is releasing SN, DN 2 on disc this year. What happened to the 1st one? I always enjoyed it and wouldnt mind having a nice 16X9 copy to enjoy at home.

Max Yokell
05-30-2002, 10:56 PM
Fuck ME!!!

I got that Vault of Horror set and mine say Silent Night, Deadly Night and it was one of the things that attracted me to the set. I had not watched it yet but you guys just made me very upset with your corrections. :o :mad: :rolleyes:

Oh Well now thats a bummer.

Max

Wez4555
05-30-2002, 11:32 PM
shit you still get a ton of dvds for cheap....even tho they prolly look like shit...im still picking it up.

Wez4555
05-30-2002, 11:33 PM
oh are any of them uncut? if i own this..it will be like the 657365736473657635th verson of night of the living dead ill have haha

Max Yokell
05-30-2002, 11:45 PM
After Reading this thread and remembering the Silent Night Deadly night thing I ran into check out my copy.

Guess what it does say Silent Night, Bloody Night. I guess somehow in my mind it got twisted to what I wanted it to say. I swear I thought that Silent Night Deadly Night was in there and as I read this I was gonna post that it was.

Oh Well I guess I should read more carefully.

If you had asked me before today I would have told you I had Silent night Deadly night on DVD.

thegreeninferno
05-31-2002, 10:12 AM
PUNISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wez4555
05-31-2002, 10:24 AM
dude max...your not alone...my mind plays evil tricks on me like that to. why must our minds be so evil like that :confused: