PDA

View Full Version : Twilight Zone DVD's?

y2doublet
05-23-2002, 05:58 PM
I was planning to pick up some of the volumes of Twilight Zone-episodes that's been released on DVD and was wondering which ones I should start with. Which discs contains the best and most classic episodes?

swamptours
05-28-2002, 02:12 AM
Some I would recommend are:

Vol. 2: Time Enough at Last and The Monsters Are Due on Maple
Street. This is a good one to start with.
Vol. 7: has Shadow Play, one of my absolute favorites.
Vol. 8: for Third from the Sun and To Serve Man- great endings
Vol. 11: The After Hours, creepy!
Vol. 21: for Five Characters in Search of an Exit- my favorite ep.
Vol. 31: for Miniature, a great hour long episode
Vol. 36: The New Exhibit, another great hour long episode
Vol. 41: for Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up?, classic ending,
More Treasures of TZ: The Masks and Eye of the Beholder

Those are some to start with. Twilight Zone has many great epiosdes. Most of the volumes have at least 2 above averages episodes.

y2doublet
05-28-2002, 01:40 PM
Great man, thanks a bunch! I know one I'll be sure to pick up is the episode with William Shatner on a plane harrased by a demon only he can see. I've only seen the re-make but the original is bound to be at least as good.

swamptours
05-29-2002, 01:28 AM
You're right, the original is classic. I forgot that one. It's called Nightmare at 20,000 Feet and it is also on Volume 2.

Peter Vincent
05-29-2002, 04:19 PM
Hey, I was just at Overstock.com & they have Twilight Zone Vol. 2 (which has already been mentioned several times on this thread already) for $9.99 shipped! Go grab it already!!!!

y2doublet
05-29-2002, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the tip but unfortunately Overstock.com doesn't ship international. More fortunate, for me that is, is that all the volumes of Twilight Zone goes for about $10 here in Sweden. :)

mutleyhyde
05-30-2002, 03:34 AM
Deepdiscountdvd has em for like 10.77 each. Not sure what their international shipping policy is though.

y2doublet
05-30-2002, 12:26 PM
Their policy is wack, that's what it is. Feels bitter to have to pay $5.95 in shipping for like two discs when they offer free shipping elsewhere. Ok, ok, I know, only in the US, but they could at least try to keep the shipping costs down for everyone else.

KillerCannabis
05-31-2002, 12:15 PM
I have 17 of these on DVD and I love em all. Its just too bad that there are so many of these out. 43 is an awful lot to collect for a collection. I might get them all eventually, but the ones I have now rock. They are a great buy for anyone into the series.

Peter Vincent
05-31-2002, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by KillerCannabis
...43 is an awful lot to collect for a collection.

If U were to order ALL the DVDs from DDD, U'd pay approximately $463.11....a small fortune! :eek: