PDA

View Full Version : Dead Alive DvD

Zombie Keeper
01-30-2001, 07:19 PM
I found myself in this situation as well. I ended up buying the DVD because of the wide-screen presentation. The transfer to DVD is sweet as well.

Other than that, the movies the same and there are no extras.

Originally posted by sKINNy PuppY:
I was just recently at a store and had a chance to pick up a copy of the DEAD ALIVE dvd but didnt. The reason i didn't buy it is becuz i already own the uncut version on VHS and it is in pretty damn good condition.

The only time i ever buy a movie twice is if the dvd has a lot of cool extras and this dead alive dvd had nothin. what i wanna know is there ever gonna b a better version with commentary by peter jackson or some behind the scenes stuff?
has there been rumours of it?
anyways should i have baughten the dvd or left it?

------------------
Zombie Keeper
ZombieKeeper.com (http://www.zombiekeeper.com/)
Horror Movie Reviews, Chat, Message Boards, and more...

Surge92
01-30-2001, 07:39 PM
I bought it a while ago but I was not too thrilled with the transfer. There is too much grain in it for my taste and the movie overall has a hazy look. My memory could be bad, but I think the VHS looked clearer. The movie is coolthough, and if it's released TOTALLY uncut, I would pick it up again.

------------------
"I could easily kill you now, but I'm determined to have your brain!"

--- Dr. Abrero in "Dr. Butcher M.D."

Zombie
01-31-2001, 05:54 AM
I bought it about a month ago, I can say that the transfer is better than my R rated Vhs. I can't believe how much gore was cut from the r rated version.

------------------
There coming to get you Barbra - Night of the Living Dead

sKINNy PuppY
01-31-2001, 06:50 AM
I was just recently at a store and had a chance to pick up a copy of the DEAD ALIVE dvd but didnt. The reason i didn't buy it is becuz i already own the uncut version on VHS and it is in pretty damn good condition.

The only time i ever buy a movie twice is if the dvd has a lot of cool extras and this dead alive dvd had nothin. what i wanna know is there ever gonna b a better version with commentary by peter jackson or some behind the scenes stuff?
has there been rumours of it?
anyways should i have baughten the dvd or left it?

Gnaghi
01-31-2001, 09:17 AM
over at the bastards have landed in some interviews with peter he talks about wanting to do dvds but no one will spend the money it would take to make them... he says he has loads of things he could put on them... or at least thats what i remember reading... im sure we will get them as soon as lord of the rings comes out. we got forgotten silver didnt we.

napalm68
01-31-2001, 01:15 PM
I mean, shit, look at all the stuff he put on the Frighteners LD... There is a review on this site.

------------------
Oh no, mother! Blood!

jae
01-31-2001, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Vincent Pina:
I finally got the PAL region 2 version, and although the transfer isn't all that great and it's only 5.1 in German, it's really great to see all the extra scenes that didn't even make it into the unrated US version (i.e. the picthfork penetration scene).

Nooo.. Don't tell me that after I bought the R1 DVD http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/smile.gif Is there alot of missing scenes on the R2 DVD?

Vincent Pina
01-31-2001, 11:50 PM
There's a review for it at splatterhouse.net, and they list the scenes that are not in the US Unrated version. I'm a completist, and I thoroughly enjoyed viewing every part that was cut, regardless of its content or length. Some of the stuff was character development and some was more gore (and laughs). Like I said, the disc has its faults, but I'd rather have the extra footage.

Vincent Pina
02-01-2001, 06:49 AM
I finally got the PAL region 2 version, and although the transfer isn't all that great and it's only 5.1 in German, it's really great to see all the extra scenes that didn't even make it into the unrated US version (i.e. the picthfork penetration scene).

Zombie Keeper
02-01-2001, 06:52 AM
It's shocking how much was cut from the R version. I mean the gore aside, there's some funny shit missing. Like the table scene where Lionel feeds the nurse, and so much more...

Originally posted by Vincent Pina:

------------------
Zombie Keeper
ZombieKeeper.com (http://www.zombiekeeper.com/)
Horror Movie Reviews, Chat, Message Boards, and more...