PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Kevin Smith Movie?

thrashard76
05-29-2002, 05:01 AM
Ok, so what's your favorite Kevin Smith movie? And for the hell-of-it, what's your favorite scene in that movie?

rhett
05-29-2002, 05:43 AM
Chasing Amy is my favorite Kevin Smith movie, with Mallrats a close second. My favorite part has to be in one of the deleted scenes on the DVD where Jason Lee is cussing the hockey players on his Genesis and calling them 'faggots', much to Affleck's shagrin. I love Kevin Smith films, but I thought J&SBSB was a huge disappointment and by far his worst film.

Cool poll thrash, but at the moment only horror film related polls are allowed on the forum. I know J&SBSB was a horror to watch, but that still doesn't make this a horror poll. :D

You've gone to all the work in putting up the poll, so we will leave it on here, but for the future, only polls about horror films in this forum please. :)

Max Yokell
05-29-2002, 04:22 PM
Well it was a very hard choice.

for me it really came down to Clerks and Dogma, I ended up going with Dogma because of the deeper meanings in the movie and better production values.

I would like to point out that I believe that Mallrats has an undeserved rep as being the real dog of the Kevin Smith movies. Even Smith Makes fun of it, but I always thought it was much better then people made it out to be. The DVD with all the cut out scenes is fantastic.

Max

thrashard76
05-29-2002, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by rhett
Cool poll thrash, but at the moment only horror film related polls are allowed on the forum. I know J&SBSB was a horror to watch, but that still doesn't make this a horror poll. :D

You've gone to all the work in putting up the poll, so we will leave it on here, but for the future, only polls about horror films in this forum please. :)

Is there a way to make a poll for non-horror related movies, like in the off topic or freeks and geeks forums? If there is I didn't know about. Sorry for the mess up. If you want to move this to off topic or freeks...then thats cool with me. ;)

----------

My favorite movie is JASBSB. This has to be one of the best comedy movies I've seen in years. The whole movie is made up of constant jokes and one liners. I'd rank Mallrats second followed by Dogma, Clerks and Chasing Amy.

My favorite scene is the fighting sequences at the end with Cock Knocker. Adding Chris Rock to the equation with his comentary and Jay and Bob fighting Knocker and the fight with Justice was just awesome.

Andrew
05-29-2002, 10:25 PM
CHASING AMY. Gotta love the "JAWS" scene :p.

thrashard76
05-29-2002, 11:05 PM
In Mallrats:

When they are at the live tv show and Brodie is asked what it would be like to make whoopie....that was hilarious! :p :D

Also, about his true story of the near-plane crash phenomenon. "...well, did she cum or what?" Good stuff. ;)

swamptours
05-30-2002, 04:25 AM
I voted for Dogma. I really liked the religious issues in this movie. I don't dislike any of Kevin Smiths films though.

thrashard76
05-30-2002, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by swamptours
I voted for Dogma. I really liked the religious issues in this movie. I don't dislike any of Kevin Smiths films though.

Dogma had a better plot to it and didn't seem thrown together like maybe Mallrats or JASBSB. Chasing Amy had the best plot over all though (imo). ;)

Meanie
06-08-2002, 02:09 PM
I voted for Clerks.
My favorite scene was when Caitlin fucked the dead guy in the bathroom

thrashard76
06-12-2002, 02:56 AM
Just picked up Jay And Silent Bob Strikes Back and Dogma the other day at WalMart for $19.96 each. Can you say snootchie-boochies?! Nuge! :D

Chucky P
06-15-2002, 11:20 PM
Chasing Amy

Best Scene: Silent Bob speaks!