PDA

View Full Version : We need to e-mail MGM about our beloved horrors...

WesReviews
05-29-2002, 08:47 PM
MGM is doing a great job of releasing horror films on DVD. However, there are still a number of obscure titles that they may own that need to be released.

I've e-mailed them myself at 4you@mgm.com and have gotten good replies in the past. They've forwarded my suggestions to the higher-ups, so maybe we can affect future waves of Midnite Movies lines as well as what gets the Special Edition treatment in the future.

I've compiled this list, based on some independent research I've been doing as far as what titles they may own. I'm still searching, but these are what I've found so far...

From the Thorn/EMI/HBO Library, MGM owns/may own:
The Burning (request it uncut, of course)
The Deadly Intruder

From the Embassy Home Entertainment library, MGM owns/may own:
Amityville 3-D (request it in 3-D!)
Blood Link
Brainwaves
The Brood
Dark Places
Deadly Blessing
Dear Dead Delilah
Death Ship
Delusion
Driver's Seat
The Evil
Fear No Evil
Final Exam
Galaxy of Terror
Horror Planet (this and Galaxy of Terror would make an ideal double-feature Midnite Movie title, so you may want to suggest it)
Humongous
The Supernaturals

From the MGM library, MGM owns:
Brain Dead
Demon Seed
He Knows You're Alone
Hospital Massacre
House of the Long Shadows
The House Where Evil Dwells
Killer Party

From the Cannon Library, MGM owns/may own:
The Borrower

Due to the fact that MGM is releasing Crawlspace on DVD in August, this leads me to believe that they may own select titles from the Lightning Video Library as well. If they do, they may own:
Blood Diner
Chopping Mall
Creature from Black Lake
Dark August
Devil Dog: The Hound of Hell
Evils of the Night
Frozen Terror
House of the Yellow Carpet

I'll continue my investigation, but this is a good start. Now is the time to e-mail MGM. Suggest your own ideas about future Midnite Movies Double Feature ideas and what horror films should get the Special Edition treatment. We may just be able to determine what they release next.

4you@mgm.com

thrashard76
05-29-2002, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by WesReviews
MGM is doing a great job of releasing horror films on DVD. However, there are still a number of obscure titles that they may own that need to be released.

I've e-mailed them myself at 4you@mgm.com and have gotten good replies in the past. They've forwarded my suggestions to the higher-ups, so maybe we can affect future waves of Midnite Movies lines as well as what gets the Special Edition treatment in the future....

...I'll continue my investigation, but this is a good start. Now is the time to e-mail MGM. Suggest your own ideas about future Midnite Movies Double Feature ideas and what horror films should get the Special Edition treatment. We may just be able to determine what they release next.

4you@mgm.com

Good job there Wes! You've done a lot of thinking on this one. ;) Indeed, you should start a petition for these movies. I'd be happy to sign it. I am e-mailing a letter now. :D

maybrick
05-29-2002, 10:45 PM
Not a bad idea you've got there, Wes! Two films I hope they re-release soon are the original "Village of the Damned" as well as it's sequel, "Children of the Damned".

thrashard76
05-29-2002, 11:09 PM
I'd like to see Amityville 3-D, Return Of The Living Dead 2 and Final Exam. The Return...series must be completed. ;)

evileye
05-30-2002, 12:12 AM
For an update...

THE BURNING: rumored to be coming
FEAR NO EVIL: Anchor Bay is releasing a S.E. in Oct
HORROR PLANET: check out Elite's INSEMINOID dvd

I personally would like to see HE KNOWS..., AMITYVILLE 3-D (3D would be nice.. only stereoscopic like Lumivision's DVDs for their glasses.. but the full 2.35:1 would still be welcome), and KILLER PARTY!

thrashard76
05-30-2002, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by evileye
For an update...

THE BURNING: rumored to be coming
FEAR NO EVIL: Anchor Bay is releasing a S.E. in Oct
HORROR PLANET: check out Elite's INSEMINOID dvd

I personally would like to see HE KNOWS..., AMITYVILLE 3-D (3D would be nice.. only stereoscopic like Lumivision's DVDs for their glasses.. but the full 2.35:1 would still be welcome), and KILLER PARTY!

Cool. Amityville 3-D rocks! :cool:\nn/ I like part 2 and the original too. The original is the best but the second is of course 2nd. :eek:

Cujo108
05-30-2002, 04:58 AM
Don't forget that MGM also owns the horror classic THE BLOOD ON SATAN'S CLAW.

thrashard76
05-30-2002, 08:45 AM
Have you heard anything on the Return Of The Living Dead 2 DVD release lately (specs, extras etc.)? When is this movie going to be released and will it be a SE?

y2doublet
05-30-2002, 12:39 PM
I believe Anchor Bay struck a deal with the new owners of the Embassy-library, Studio Canal, to exclusively distribute their titles in the US. That's why, among others, they have Fear No Evil planned for release. MGM had the rights prior to this and will release the titles they had scheduled, alas no Embassy-horror. As for The Brood, Galaxy of Terror, Chopping Mall and the other Corman-produced titles you mentioned they're owned by Corman himself through his company New Concorde. Hope that helps!

Karm
05-30-2002, 01:27 PM
What about Anthropophagous - i hear MGM own the rights to this as well. This is a movie that needs a decent uncut release.

KillerCannabis
05-30-2002, 09:23 PM
I'd like to see Amityville 3-D on disc along with part 2. And ROTLD 2 is a no-brainer. Too bad MGM wouldnt give us a SE of the 1st one right off the bat. Now I have to wait for it, which sucks since I'll get the 1st release anyways. I'm really glad to see Motel Hell getting a release, although as I've stated, I dont care for the "double-feature" route. Oh well, just as long as its 16X9, I'll be happy.

DefJeff
05-30-2002, 09:40 PM
whoa, for some reason, i couldnt picture a company like MGM releasing a movie like Antropophagus... i hope they do tho!

thrashard76
05-30-2002, 10:56 PM
Who here thinks that MGM should release the later version of Return Of The Living Dead SE with Return Of The Living Dead 2 SE together as a special limited time release (like how AB did with Hellraiser but without the tin and LE # count)?

y2doublet
06-01-2002, 11:39 AM
It would be cool but there's one problem. Warner owns the rights to Return of the Living Dead Part 2. So we'll probably not see it for a couple of years.

Karm, where did you hear that MGM owns the rights to Antropophagus?

SaviniFan
06-02-2002, 01:05 AM
I'm definitely for wanting to see the Brood get a DVD release. Great Cronenberg film.

thrashard76
06-02-2002, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by y2doublet
It would be cool but there's one problem. Warner owns the rights to Return of the Living Dead Part 2. So we'll probably not see it for a couple of years.

Damn, I didn't realize that. :( Well hopefully we won't have to wait to long for Part 2...thanks y2! :D

WesReviews
06-04-2002, 04:20 AM
It's now more important than ever that you guys e-mail MGM and spread the word about The Burning uncut on DVD.

As I've said, MGM will soon be making their 2003 schedules out and if a mass of people request this title, then it may get bumped up in importance over at the studio.

Look at what happened with UHF and Return of the Living Dead, when hoards of fans flooded MGM with e-mails.

Request extras as well. Tom Savini has tons of background footage on this film. I'd like to see some of it make it to the disc along with an interview and possibly audio commentary. Rick Wakeman being involved would be interesting as well.

I know I'm not the only one out there that feels this way about this title, so e-mail MGM and suggest it!

4you@mgm.com

We can do this guys. Spread the word, get every friend you know to e-mail them. E-mail them from multiple accounts if you have to. ;)

rhett
06-04-2002, 06:29 AM
It's as good as done Wes! I just sent them an email. Come on guys, let's make this happen.

thrashard76
06-04-2002, 07:26 AM
Yeah totally. Send this thread to all the people you know and all the movie sites you go to most often...lets get the ball going. :D

Rock
06-04-2002, 08:04 PM
Done!

Joel Groce
06-05-2002, 06:46 AM
Did anyone watch the "Jason Alexander" profile on E! the other day. He mentions this as his first film. I guess it was filmed in '79 and he calls it a "Friday the 13th knockoff with a madman running amuck with a pair of garden shears" or something like that. He said he had a ball while filming at the camp and that everyone had a crush on Holly Hunter back then.

Cujo108
06-05-2002, 08:20 AM
Hey all. Lets also E-mail them about releasing the Craven classic DEADLY BLESSING, okay! Please do so, and also request extras, because Craven is very willing to do audio commentaries, and I'fd love to hear is thoughts on this forgotten classic! Come on people, please do this!

Karm
06-06-2002, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by y2doublet
Karm, where did you hear that MGM owns the rights to Antropophagus?

Heard it over at www.sexgoremutants.co.uk - it's about halfway down the message board.

Dr Derek Doctor
06-06-2002, 07:21 PM
I tried e-mailing MGM a while back about the possibility of "Mute Witness" getting a DVD release but I just got the standard "We appreciate you taking time to fill our Deleted Items folder" type of reply. I hope you do better, though.

I'd love to see Chopping Mall again, though. It was my first ever exploding head scene in a movie. <wipes tear from eye> Happy days...

Jeremy
06-14-2002, 01:29 AM
Creature from Black Lake

Program Power has this one on it's schedule and is shooting for a release later this year.

horrorboy101
06-15-2002, 06:17 PM
I think this post should be moved to the main forum for all who don't visit the Slasher Forum can help too. These are the ones I will email them about for sure.

From the Thorn/EMI/HBO Library, MGM owns/may own:
The Burning (request it uncut, of course)
The Deadly Intruder
SUMMER OF FEAR

From the Embassy Home Entertainment library, MGM owns/may own:
The Brood
Deadly Blessing
Death Ship
Final Exam
KILLER WORKOUT

From the MGM library, MGM owns:
He Knows You're Alone
The House Where Evil Dwells
Killer Party

Lightning Video Library :

Devil Dog: The Hound of Hell

I added SUMMER OF FEAR + KILLER WORKOUT to the list because it would be great to see those two especially since SUMMER OF FEAR is on DVD in UK on PAL but it needs to be done here.

Andrew
06-16-2002, 03:44 AM
Haha, KILLER WORKOUT on DVD. That'll be the day :D.

y2doublet
06-16-2002, 11:19 AM
Once again, MGM doesn't own the Embassy-library anymore. Studio Canal took over the rights and have licensed the titles to Anchor Bay in the US. As I also mentioned in my post above Roger Corman and New Concorde owns the rights to The Brood. So there's no need to request those titles from MGM as they don't have the rights and instead we can put the effort in some titles they do own.