PDA

View Full Version : "Pieces" lbx import

gunner
05-30-2002, 04:09 AM
I know the slasher flick "Pieces" is lame, but I can't help love this movie. Since I bought the Diamond label dvd years ago I've wondered (and hoped) a better edition would be released. I was just browsing at diabloikdvd and stumbled onto a region 2 pal release. Does anybody here own this yet? It's advertised to be a far superior release (which wouldn't take much).I might just have to pick this up out of curiosity. Anyway here's a link...

http://www.diabolikdvd.com/covers/piecespal.jpg

Wez4555
05-31-2002, 07:44 AM
hmm looks good...i thought the diamond one is uncut?! i dont have any answer for you but if i have some extra cash laying around i may get it.

dwatts
05-31-2002, 10:45 AM
Hmmmm – I can’t play region 2 so I can’t get it – but I too love Pieces. You know what though – looking at the movie, and analyzing why I like it (I like it because it is SO bad) I’m not sure I want an anamorphic print of it. I mean, the whacked colors, the fogginess of it all – it just makes it funnier to me. Frankly, nothing can save this movie as far as taking it seriously is concerned. Which is why I love the Diamond release. I give the diamond release a ten out of ten – who can beat that?

Erm…. Unless….. this one goes to 11 –LOL--

Wez4555
05-31-2002, 05:25 PM
yeah i just wish the diamond version had a trailer tho...id love to see how the trailer is for this movie. damn where just chatting away and this poor guy never got an answer. i do plan on buying this and when i do ill let everyone know.

Hellbilly
06-02-2002, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Wez4555
i thought the diamond one is uncut?!
The Diamond DVD is uncut. The pal DVD of "Pieces" shown in the link is the German edition. I think that "Pieces" never made it on video in Germany and is now making it's debut (?) on DVD.
It's a common thing that German distributors label their (horror) DVD releases with the "unrated director's cut" tag even though they might just be the same version shown in the US.

joltaddict
06-04-2002, 02:04 AM
You gotta love a movie where the killer sneaks up on somebody hiding a chainsaw behind his back. In an elevator no less. :D

EPKJ
06-21-2002, 03:53 PM
I love Pieces. I also have the Diamond version. I would love to see another company release a widescreen version of Pieces in Region 1. Aside from the hidden chainsaw scene, I also love the scene with the kung fu teacher. It is hilarious.

AceRimRat
06-24-2002, 04:26 AM
I like this one, too, but I didn't watch it enough to keep from trading in my Diamond DVD. And I can't play the R2s. Too bad.