Got a favorite "closet" moment?

DefJeff
05-30-2002, 10:19 PM
ahhhhhhhhhh refreshing change from the Best Horror Movie Ever poll

i voted for the Michael breaking thru the closet in Halloween one

that whole scene is so awesome... espeically the hanger thru his eye! ouch

Peter Vincent
05-30-2002, 11:01 PM
Yup! Halloween's closet scene was a definitive moment in the film. Scary dude!

Max Yokell
05-30-2002, 11:04 PM
Well I witheld my vote incase the real best Horror scene in a closet is edited into the list. If you guys decide not to add it I will vote others Later.

BTW the scene I am refering to is the scene from Zombie with the wood slat closet door and an eyeball.:D Oddly enough I just mentioned this scene on another forum. :)

Max

rhett
05-30-2002, 11:16 PM
As good as some of these are, nothing even compares to the Halloween closet scene. The lighting used in the scene is ingenious. And of course the whole scene is perfectly suspenseful. I vote we remove the House on Sorority Row choice and replace it with Zombie. :D :)

Hellbilly
05-30-2002, 11:25 PM
I always thought that classy Olga/Splinter/Eye/Zombie scene took place at the bedroom door?
Never mind...rhett, would you add Zombie to the poll and PLEASE don't remove HOSR. :D

thrashard76
05-30-2002, 11:34 PM
Yep, I went with Halloween also. ;) Halloween may have this one beat before it even gets started. Great idea for a poll Helly. :D

Max Yokell
05-30-2002, 11:48 PM
Hmm I will have to check, but I thought she was on the floor of a closet hiding when he grabed her.

Don't change anything yet i will check and get back to you zoon.

Max

Max Yokell
05-31-2002, 12:08 AM
Well I just ran over and pulled out my handy dandy DVD of Zombie.

I looked and it was kind of tough to tell. The house was full of those wood slat doors every where. I think it may have been a bedroom or Dressing room/closet.

Very inconclusive, so it should be left off the list.

I guess it was just the American in me thinking no one would have a would slat door on anything but a closet.

Now my vote goes to Halloween. :)

Max

Cujo108
05-31-2002, 01:12 AM
I voted for the "cat" closet scene in BLACK CHRISTMAS. A great and creepy scene for a perfect (in my opinion) movie!

swamptours
05-31-2002, 03:14 AM
Gotta go with Halloween also. Just an absolutely fabulous scene.

thrashard76
05-31-2002, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by Cujo108
I voted for the "cat" closet scene in BLACK CHRISTMAS. A great and creepy scene for a perfect (in my opinion) movie!

Are you sure you mean that? *...hey Mikey did you hear that...* ;)

Rock
05-31-2002, 05:57 PM
I'm pretty sure it wasn't a closet (more like a small shack), the scene in HUMONGOUS where the punk blonde kid tries (unsuccessfully) to hide from the beast had me going almost as much as the HALLOWEEN scene I just voted for...:eek:

moogong
06-01-2002, 02:35 AM
I had to go with Ginger Snaps just based on the fact that its one of my most recent favorites. Any and all fans of horror NEED to see this movie....its awesome.

Mark Relford
06-01-2002, 05:24 AM
Blue Velvet's tense closet scene gets my vote.
billy, where's Cameron's Closet?;)

thrashard76
06-01-2002, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by Rock
I'm pretty sure it wasn't a closet (more like a small shack), the scene in HUMONGOUS where the punk blonde kid tries (unsuccessfully) to hide from the beast had me going almost as much as the HALLOWEEN scene I just voted for...:eek:
Hahaha...you said punk kid! :p

I think it was just a normal room where it all happened and not a closet. If it is in a closet it must be a walk in closet.

Hellbilly
06-01-2002, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Mark Relford
billy, where's Cameron's Closet?;)
Damn, forgot about that one. :D

DVD Connoisseur
06-04-2002, 09:59 PM
...as it contained the most excruciating closet scene I've ever witnessed.

Hopper's performance was either that of an acting genius or a true psychopath! The jury's out....:D

Hellbilly
06-04-2002, 10:07 PM
That closet scene in "Blue Velvet" was cool indeed DVD con http://www.horrordvds.com/vbulletin/images/icons/icon14.gif

Yay! Somebody voted for HOSR!!!!
Bless ya! :D

rhett
06-11-2002, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by HellbillyDeluxe
Yay! Somebody voted for HOSR!!!!
Bless ya! :D
A vote out of pity, I'm sure. :D:) (jk)

dcrw6
06-11-2002, 11:45 AM
I voted for "House" because it was a major part of my childhood and I love the monster designs.

Hellbilly
06-11-2002, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by rhett
A vote out of pity, I'm sure. :D:) (jk)
I would have included FINAL EXAM, but they didn't had any closet scenes, or pool scenes, or toilet scenes, or bloody scenes, or scary scenes, or surprise ending scenes, or.....I could go on and on and on but why bother?, you get the picture. :D :p ;)

Shannafey
06-11-2002, 05:19 PM
How about Banky coming out of the closet in Jay and Silent Bob Strikes Back? Oh, wrong closet!!

Hellbilly
06-11-2002, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Shannafey
How about Banky coming out of the closet in Jay and Silent Bob Strikes Back? Oh, wrong closet!!
LOL!

thrashard76
06-12-2002, 04:11 AM
The metal band Anthrax did a song on their '87 album Among The Living called A Skeleton In The Closet.

They also did on the same album a song dedicated to Judge Dredd - I Am The Law and Stephen King's The Stand - Among The Living.

Lyrics (http://anthrax.com/html/lyrics/ANTHRAX_among.htm)