PDA

View Full Version : Curse of the Demon

Behemoth
06-06-2002, 12:10 PM
From www.dvddrive-in.com :

"As reported earlier, Columbia TriStar will release Jacques Tourneur's CURSE OF THE DEMON on DVD on August 13. The good news is that the disc will include both that version, and the longer British original under the title NIGHT OF THE DEMON. The new transfer will be anamorphic and in its original 1.85:1 aspect ratio."

hassan chaup
06-07-2002, 04:25 PM
HOLY F*&@#N SH*T I love this film.This has been on my list for years now. I am so glad it will finally be available. Horror fans should definitely check this one out!:D :D :D

dvdasia62
06-07-2002, 05:02 PM
I know I am in the distinct minority but I absolutely hated this film. I think it may be one of the genres most overrated movies along with the original "The Haunting". However, it is excellent news that Columbia will release the film on DVD in it's OAR. Hope continues to spring eternal that "classics" from years ago may all eventually see the DVD light of day. I might suggest to some to pick this one up, if only for nostalgic purposes. :)

Roger Keightley
06-08-2002, 02:42 AM
Not only do we get the first 3 Hammer gothics on DVD, we can also look forward to this wonderful Jacques Tourneur classic. I've never seen the truncated American version, so that'll be a nice bonus.

Those unfamiliar with this little gem may want to check out an article I wrote about it several years ago for the Ghoul Britannia website at:
http://www.edhouse.clara.net/ghoul.html