PDA

View Full Version : Guinea Pig DVD

Atmims
06-12-2002, 04:15 PM
I got the new Guinea Pig DVD by Unearthed Films yesterday. I'm no expert but the quality of the video looks excellent and I can't imagine it could ever look better. I wore headphones while I watched it and the Audio sounds very clear and nothing at all to complain about. The only problem I have with the DVD is the "movies".
I just don't understand what the big deal is with Guinea Pig movies. I'm not sure if I saw the worst in the series or what but Devil's Expermient was terrible and Android of Notre Dame wasn't much better at all. The story to Android of Notre Dame of course isn't good and Devil's Experminet didn't really have a story at all. The best gore scenes in both are no better than the gore in New York Ripper and many other horror movies and in most cases the gore looks ridiculous.
Me and my brother both thought it was funny how stupid the movies were and how high we had our hopes up. All I was expecting from it was some good gore and that's it and neither movie could even provide that except for maybe 1 scene from each. Maybe I just need a semi-good story to go with the gore to appreciate it.
Overall, My brother said he would not buy the next in the series. I think I would still give the next DVD a try in hopes that the series gets better because what I saw couldn't be the same Guinea Pig eveyone has been talking about.
Adrian Mims

DVD Connoisseur
06-12-2002, 10:08 PM
...but it looks like I'm too late! Not to worry, this title'll come under scrutiny in the near future.;)

DefJeff
06-12-2002, 10:31 PM
mines shipping from Diabolikdvd.com ill post my thoughts when i get it

Max Yokell
06-13-2002, 02:04 AM
Is this an R1 release?

Max

DVD Connoisseur
06-13-2002, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by Max Yokell
Is this an R1 release?

Hi Max. The DVD is NTSC "all-regions" so there are no worries about regional compatibility.

Check out the official site -

http://www.guineapigfilms.com/

Excellent!

Max Yokell
06-13-2002, 04:54 AM
I have a Multi region player, but had heard they were doing a US release of a new release or something like that and had been waiting on getting it. Is this one the new one that was talked about and is it a whole box of all of them?

DefJeff
06-13-2002, 05:09 AM
nah, they are releasing double features. not a whole box of them unfortunitly.

this first one is Devils Experiment/Android of Notre Dame
the second one will be He Never Dies/Mermaid in a Manhole
3rd Flowers of Flesh and Blood/Making of Guinea Pig
and final Devil Woman Doctor/Making of Devil Woman Doctor

the release dates are on the site mentioned above, as well as pics from the films

DefJeff
06-17-2002, 10:26 PM
wow. i wasnt expecting this!
i didnt watch Android yet, but Devils Experiment is one of the most disturbing movies i have ever seen. that shit was just plain evil. i didnt expect to have this reaction to it, i thought i was totally desensitized.

i havent really decided if i liked it or not. im leaning twards no.

im still pretty eager to see Flowers of Flesh and Blood tho, so ill probly pick up at least one more of the double features to be released.

DavidHess
06-18-2002, 06:13 AM
I just posted a review of the new Guinea Pig DVD at my website and I also reviewed an earlier pal dvd of Flowers of Flesh and Blood.

Guinea Pig Reviews (http://www.pulsingcinema.com)

I might be crazy but I dug Android of Notre Dame more than Devil's Experiment. Angry midget scientists really do pay off.

Atmims
06-18-2002, 10:08 PM
I might be crazy but I dug Android of Notre Dame more than Devil's Experiment. Angry midget scientists really do pay off.

I liked Android of Notre Dame more than Devil's Experiment too, but that's not saying much at all since both are pretty poor excuses for movies.
Adrian Mims

DefJeff
06-18-2002, 10:35 PM
yea i finally got around to watching Android myself.

i acutally liked Devils Experiment more.

i thought Android was veryyyyyyyyyy lame. altho the women were pretty hot. im not into sci fi at all, so this has alot to do with it i suppose.

DVD Connoisseur
06-30-2002, 11:51 PM
...I've decided to make Unearthed Film's first release my Asian Horror Double Bill of the Month!:D

The controversy continues over at:

http://www.horrordvds.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6599