PDA

View Full Version : F13 uncut on Encore/Encore West...

Joel Groce
06-18-2002, 03:27 AM
Hey dudes , please forgive if this is old news, but I just got digital cable and watched Friday the 13th on Encore last night and realized that this seems to be uncut. ( or mostly so) All gore scenes seemed to be intact, though I think Marcie's death and the final kill were shortened just a tiny bit. I have the VCD, which is quite dark so it was cool seeing the clearer picture - still full-frame though. Just expected this to be cut to shit - like the DVD.

John
06-18-2002, 04:30 AM
I was under the impression that some of the scenes in the DVD were uncut as well. I don't recall the details on which scenes, but I know I read it somewhere. Do you have the DVD to compare to what is coming on Encore? Or does anyone else know if there is any truth behind F13 DVD?

rxfiend
06-18-2002, 05:31 AM
well the film was only cut by 10 seconds to begin with, so we're talking about very little stuff missing. i watched the encore version last night and it wasn't uncut (well, i only watched the last half, but the Pam vorhees decap was way too short compared to the uncut vcd i have). besides that scene being a bit longer in the uncut version, so is annie's death (i think the dvd restores some of it) and the kevin bacon death scene, which is really fucking cool!! you can get this vcd at pokerindustries.com for like $10 (for those interested).

Joel Groce
06-18-2002, 07:10 AM
Isn't the DVD missing the "axe to the face" scene completely though - I don't recall this scene at all when I rented the DVD - also - the Kevin Bacon scene and final kill seemed to be cut more on the DVD. Anyway, I really hope Paramount comes through with an SE down the road like I keep hearing.

John
06-18-2002, 12:46 PM
I'll have to check it out when I get off of work. I was pretty sure that there were just very minor changes on the DVD vs. the VHS copies. I knew the DVD wasn't 100% uncut, but it is certainly an upgrade over everything I had seen before it.