PDA

View Full Version : Jason X and Jason Goes to Hell DVD News

John
06-19-2002, 12:42 PM
The guys over at DVDFile had this to announce today....

Coming on 10/8 and just in time for Halloween are - at long last! - New Line's two entries in the venerable Friday the 13th franchise, Jason X and Jason Goes to Hell (now sans "The Final Friday" subtitle). Aside from the fact that "The Final Friday" was a big cheat anyway (and fans already fell for "The Final Chapter" once before), these will be the last two Jason flicks to finally make it to DVD and should put their Paramount counterparts to shame. Only Jason X will be a full-fledged Platinum Series and both should have plenty of new extras

Ah, if only New Line had the rights to all of the series........

rhett
06-19-2002, 04:13 PM
Yes! Thank you New Line! It will be great to finally pop in a Friday disc and be able to watch something other than the trailer. ;) It is just too bad that these are some of the lesser entries into the series. I hope New Line manages to put JGTH out uncut, otherwise I doubt I'll purchase the DVD.

This is great news for Friday fans though, and finally a step in the right direction. Hopefully, Paramount can follow suit.

Yowie
06-19-2002, 04:55 PM
Good news - I guess. Now, if only Paramount would've cared in the same manner... :(

Peter Vincent
06-19-2002, 07:38 PM
They WILL likely be Platinum Edition titles (as mentioned above) so theres no doubt in my mind it'll either be director's cuts or at least the deleted footage included separately! Just 'cause New Line make such dope-a$$ Platinum titles, I'm gettin' 'em!!!!!

DefJeff
06-19-2002, 09:30 PM
hey

i just checked out dvdfile.com and it says ONLY Jason X will be Platinum series. not that it matters, i just thought id correct it, since in Johns quote and on the main page, it says both will.

here is the quote from dvdfile.com (located here: http://www.dvdfile.com/software/dvd-video/archive/2002/06_19.html )

"Coming on 10/8 and just in time for Halloween are - at long last! - New Line's two entries in the venerable Friday the 13th franchise, Jason X and Jason Goes to Hell (now sans "The Final Friday" subtitle). Aside from the fact that "The Final Friday" was a big cheat anyway (and fans already fell for "The Final Chapter" once before), these will be the last two Jason flicks to finally make it to DVD and should put their Paramount counterparts to shame. Only Jason X will be a full-fledged Platinum Series and both should have plenty of new extras, so watch this space for further details... "

John
06-20-2002, 12:16 AM
Why did those guys go and get our hopes up then change their minds? Oh well, I changed my quote so nobody gets confused. Thanks for the update DefJeff!

rxfiend
06-20-2002, 02:03 AM
i heard a commentary was recorded for JGTH, so that disc will at least have that. and if the film is the unrated version, then i'll buy it regardless of whatever extras. as for JX, it's already been released in Brazil on dvd. it is the uncut version, but like i have mentioned awhile back, the uncut version only includes an extra 20 or so FRAMES of footage.

Wez4555
06-20-2002, 05:31 AM
im going to be pissed if its not uncut (JGTH). seeing as how they made an uncut VHS tape.

DefJeff
06-20-2002, 05:33 AM
is that brazillian dvd region 1 or 0?? or ntsc for that matter??

ill import it if the one we are gettin isnt uncut.. even 20 frames matters to me :)

rxfiend
06-20-2002, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by DefJeff
is that brazillian dvd region 1 or 0?? or ntsc for that matter??

ill import it if the one we are gettin isnt uncut.. even 20 frames matters to me :)

R4, uh, not sure about PAL/NTSC. there is also a version out in Spain (english audio), it's R2/Pal.

i would imagine the R1 disc will feature the same transfer, so no need to import.

AceRimRat
06-24-2002, 04:29 AM
They gotta do JGTH uncut. It's soooooooo much better that way, I think. That "camper-split" scene is one of the best kills in the series, if you ask me.

I think they would - they often do seamless branching for R/UR on their cheezier titles - think Poison Ivy, Embrace of the Vampire, etc. And they're not wimps about uncut horror like some other outfits.

Looking forward to both of these.

Wez4555
06-24-2002, 06:08 AM
that split scene shocked the hell out of me (it was the gorest movie ive ever seen at the time). i know everyone hates it but i liked it....maybe its cause of the gore i dont know. ive never seen the R rated version before...only the uncut.

Wez4555
06-24-2002, 06:13 AM
oh and ace...im sure there are alot better kills then the split scene...we just dont know it. damn R rated dvds!

K'
06-24-2002, 10:22 AM
I really hope that JgtH gets a unrated release. I already own the us, german and japanese laserdisc but they are only in full frame 4:3 and dolby surround. So I would really like to see it in widescreen and with a nice DD5.1 track, but I will only buy it if it is the unrated version.

Btw what are the exact specs of the brazilian Jason X dvd? The spanish version only has an english dolby surround track and the spanish dub in 5.1.
And does anybody know a trustworthy brazilian online store that ships overseas?

rxfiend
06-25-2002, 01:45 AM
brazil dvd has, from what i remember, anamorphic video, 5.1 surround sound, behind the scenes segment, trailer, interviews, and a photo gallery.

however, i hear the R1 will also feature a "history of" segment to go along, so you may just want to hold off until the R1 version comes out.

AceRimRat
06-25-2002, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Wez4555
oh and ace...im sure there are alot better kills then the split scene...we just dont know it. damn R rated dvds!

That's a very good point. That pesky Paramount. :p

(Still, for what we have, I think it's one of the best.)

K'
06-26-2002, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by rxfiend
brazil dvd has, from what i remember, anamorphic video, 5.1 surround sound, behind the scenes segment, trailer, interviews, and a photo gallery.

however, i hear the R1 will also feature a "history of" segment to go along, so you may just want to hold off until the R1 version comes out.

Do you know an online shop that has this dvd in stock and ships to europe?

KillerCannabis
06-27-2002, 03:55 AM
Fuck yea. I'm so amped for both of these releases. JGTH was a weak entry, but I doubt NL would release it cut since the VHS was uncut. Jason X was the shit. I'm a life-long fan of the series and I can honestly say that Jason X was great. The gore was up to par and Jason looked badass. I'm getting both of these the day they hit.