PDA

View Full Version : "A Wicked Ghost"

dvdasia62
06-21-2002, 06:17 AM
I just this very second finished watching "A Wicked Ghost" and at this point, I'm not really sure what to say about it. I think the Teleport City review was very accurate but there is something about an "underdog" film like this that appeals to me. The "Ring" similarities are there including the ghosts twitching, bone-cracking walk but yet again, the story itself is quite different and in this film, the spectre makes more appearances then Sadako does and there are other entities also. Still, director Tony Leung pulls off some excellent shots and the film does try hard. As a matter of fact, there were quite a few creepy scenes and a couple of good jumps. I just wish Universe did a better job in translating for the English subs. I'm gonna give the film a second look before I come to a definative conclusion. :)

Fart Lighter
06-27-2002, 12:50 AM
I've got to say that thhis really grew on me once I got past the Sadako rip-off ghost. it's an entertaining movie with a good little mystery. The sequel, which isn't directly connected to the first, is excellent and highly recommended.

poorlogic
06-27-2002, 05:57 AM
I ordered Wicked Ghost 1 & 2 along with 7 other Asian DVD's from a company called Itchee.com - After about 2 months, I emailed them to let them know all my dvd's never arrived - they never responded. I called my credit card company and had the charges reversed. Forward 3 months later I get a beat-up package that was held at U.S. customs for 4 months - the stupid bastards from Itchee.com mailed all my DVD's using about $7 worth of stamps (this was sent from China) and customs found this to be a bit out-of-the ordinary.

Overall, I got 9 DVD's for free ( I would of paid for them if Itchee.com ever made an effort to to respond to my email) and I was glad they were - I hated Wicked Ghost 1 and 2.

Lesson of the story, don't buy from Itchee.com

Fart Lighter
06-27-2002, 03:53 PM
try dddhouse.com

Azathoth
09-05-2002, 01:27 PM
Picked both Wicked Ghost 1 & 2 up, and just finished watching part 1.

Not quite as bad as everyone told me it would be, but it was disappointing. Lots of potential, genuine jumps, and some cool ideas, but the movie just didn't carry a serious enough tone to amount to anything.

There were several parts I did think were cool in it; revisiting the old village, several shots of the ghost, the "flying-pole-diagonal-skewer" death, and the actual story behind the origin of the ghost.

Bad FX, bad acting, dubious plot, several blatant Ring-inspired ideas, and a really bad ending made it a bitter pill, though.

Worth watching once, but I don't see myself watching it again in the near future.

dvdasia62
09-05-2002, 03:19 PM
Oh, it gets more entertaining with repeat viewing, at least for me. :) If your looking for dependability and reliability in obtaining Asian discs, go to www.hkflix.com

"Nuff said! :)