PDA

View Full Version : Battle Royale Region Free NTSC released on 6/28/02

poorlogic
06-28-2002, 05:43 AM
Poker Industries will have an all region NTSC DVD of Battle Royale in stock on 6/28/02. Here's the details:

Anamorphic Widescreen; Dolby Digital 5.1; Trailer; Stills Gallery; Filmographies; Film Notes; Trailer Reel.

$33.99

Use the code PBOLLY02 to receive a 10% discount off your order

Here's a link:

http://www.pokerindustries.com/acatalog/catalogbody.html

This looks like this amazing film will finally get a excellent transfer!

dvdasia62
06-28-2002, 05:58 AM
I see that it's Tartan putting out the NTSC version of "BR" on it's Asia Extreme label so more then likely it's going to be a print similar to their original PAL release which a lot of people were not too happy with. I didn't find a problem with it but then again, I hated the film so it didn't really matter. :) Still, it's great that those in NTSC country that aren't region free yet can see it, though the price tag is a bit high even with the discount. :)

Bods
06-28-2002, 06:35 AM
Tartan's NTSC Battle Royale DVD is pretty much just the excellent transfer from the Japanese DVD with subtitles added & extras subtracted. Much better than thier previous, PAL-formatted DVD.

Check out this awesome disc comparison...

http://www.bulletsnbabesdvds.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=801&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

poorlogic
06-28-2002, 06:39 AM
I agree, the price is way too high (considering I bought the region 3 DVD for $15 bucks from the same company). Never bought a disc from Tartan - heard some pretty lousy things about thier releases (like Vipco....).

poorlogic
06-28-2002, 06:59 AM
I agree, the price is way too high (considering I bought the region 3 DVD for $15 bucks from the same company). Never bought a disc from Tartan - heard some pretty lousy things about thier releases (like Vipco....).

KillerCannabis
07-02-2002, 10:06 PM
I'm going to buy this regardless of the price. Battle Royale is one of the best movies I've seen and the fact that I could own it on my R1 player is enough for me to order it. I wish that it was the director's cut of the film, but I can live with just having the movie period. Hopefully the DC will get an eventual release.