PDA

View Full Version : 2 Hammer DVDs you might not know about

Behemoth
06-29-2002, 09:58 PM
Song of Freedom (region 1):
"Set in the deep south of Confederate America, a plantation slave was gifted with a great talent. His magnificent voice enabled him to escape his life of bondage as he became a hugely successful singer in the North. Now a man of independent wealth he returns to his native Africa where his people are enslaved under a similar yoke, that of the omnipotent force of the witch doctors. His is a mission to liberate them from the stranglehold of their oppressors enabling them to enjoy equality and liberty...the rights of all men."

http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.asp?userid=86255419273283&item_id=13277

-

Man about the House (region 2):
"Catering student Robin Tripp (O'Sullivan) moves in to share a flat with two girls (Wilcox, Thomsett). They do their best to avoid the complaints and whining of the landlord (Murphy) and Tripp does his utmost to avoid the advances of the landlord's wife (Joyce). But the threat of demolition of the house forces the unlikely group together. They devise a series of ingenious schemes to keep their home from the grasping demolition company with hysterical results. "

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=R2&title=95895

Film synopsis taken from www.hammerfilms.com.

For Hammer completists only, I'd guess... ;)

Yowie
06-29-2002, 10:50 PM
I've never seen the "Man About The House" movie Hammer produced, but I'm thinking of getting it soon. I love the original 1973 TV series, I just bought the complete first season of this classic British sit-com, hopefully the other seasons are coming soon. It's way superior to the later US version "Three's Company" with John Ritter and Suzanne Somers, if you ask me.

mutleyhyde
07-04-2002, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Behemoth
For Hammer completists only, I'd guess... ;)

You rang?

Yeah, I'll be pickin' up Song of Freedom at some point, but I'm an anti-other region guy, so I'll have to wait for Man About the House. Thanks for the tip Behemoth! :)

And DVDAsia62 just reported that The Mystery of the Mary Celeste is available?? Yeah baby! :D

CJ
07-07-2002, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by mutleyhyde
I'm an anti-other region guy

I'm curious - but why are you "anti-other region"?

mutleyhyde
07-08-2002, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by CJ

I'm curious - but why are you "anti-other region"?

Because I'm too cheap to buy new equipment, and am too lazy to check out the specs on new equipment, and am even more lazy to go hunting down where I can find said equipment. I don't have a PAL compatible t.v., and the prospect of watching movies on my pc monitor doesn't necessarily give me a woody. That's why. :)

CJ
07-08-2002, 09:51 AM

Because I'm too cheap to buy new equipment, and am too lazy to check out the specs on new equipment, and am even more lazy to go hunting down where I can find said equipment. I don't have a PAL compatible t.v., and the prospect of watching movies on my pc monitor doesn't necessarily give me a woody. That's why. :)

Fair enough. It does seem like quite a lot of hard work. Here in the UK all DVD players will play NTSC as standard and need a simple 'chip' to make them multi-region (if they're not already).

So it's not like you agree with region coding then?

mutleyhyde
07-08-2002, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by CJ
So it's not like you agree with region coding then?

Nah... no way! It's just that I'm a lazy bastid. :D

CJ
07-08-2002, 08:25 PM
It's just that I'm a lazy bastid. :D

That makes 2 of us then. :D