PDA

View Full Version : 1999

Hellbilly
07-03-2002, 06:26 PM
...was probably by far the best year of the 90s I guess.

DefJeff
07-03-2002, 06:45 PM
i chose the blaire witch project

damn doing these polls makes me realize how bad the 90s really were for horror....

its getting hard for me to find one that i LIKE instead of the other way around

rhett
07-03-2002, 08:41 PM
I agree with Cujo, The Blair Witch Project is a classic, but so is The Sixth Sense. Both films were groundbreaking in the history of cinema and deserve recognition for their originality. Overall though, I am going to go with The Sixth Sense because I've watched it and enjoyed it more on subsequent viewings than BWP. I also thought Arnie's End of Days was not nearly as bad as everyone said it was.

thrashard76
07-03-2002, 10:30 PM
The Sixth Sense was the best movie I'd seen that year over all...so that's what I picked. ;)

Suicide
07-03-2002, 10:35 PM
I went with Ravenous. One of my favorites. I was torn between that, Sleepy Hollow, Idle Hands, and Stir of Echoes.

DVD Connoisseur
07-03-2002, 11:48 PM
Audition was the clear winner for me. It came from left field and completely knocked me over. Superb.

John
07-04-2002, 01:37 AM
The Blair Witch Project!!

dvdasia62
07-04-2002, 02:22 AM
"Audition". With big Kudos to "Blair Witch", "Sixth Sense", "Stir Of Echoes", "Stigmata" and "Sleepy Hollow".

swamptours
07-04-2002, 04:47 PM
The Blair Witch Project followed by Stir of Echoes and The Sixth Sense.

Jamm
07-06-2002, 03:54 AM
Lake Placid.

Betty White had the best lines, and half a guy getting pulled into a boat was great!!!

KillerCannabis
07-09-2002, 07:26 PM
Ravenous. Its one of the coolest movies I've seen. And its about cannibalism. How could you go wrong?

moogong
07-12-2002, 06:22 PM
Lake Placid. I look foward to a direct to video sequel.

gusse
07-13-2002, 03:28 PM
At first I was a bit torn between Ravenous and Sleepy Hollow, but eventually I vent with Ravenous since I think it's clearly the scariest of the two and hence the best HORROR movie. Sleepy Hollow is awesome, but it's sort of more like a superb ghotic ghost-adventure-fantasy or something.

I still think Ravenous will turn out to be one of the biggest *cult* genre movies of the 90īs. One of those movies that almost every horror fan will name as a favorite in ten years or something like that. Defenetly a classic in my book anyway!

evilgreek
07-16-2002, 11:04 AM
Not one of my fave years of horrorfilms but finally I chose HOUSE ON THE HAUNTED HILL... When first saw the trailer for it I thought it would be great flick, but I was dead wrong, it sucked big time... But after a few views later of the movie I started to like it and it's really a movie that grow... Well it's not a masterpiece, but as I said give it a few chances...

DVD-fanatic-9
06-16-2008, 04:23 PM
What a shitty year.

I voted for Audition. It's a very beautiful and touching film. And clearly the best of the year.

WesReviews
06-16-2008, 04:40 PM
All things considered, this was a pretty solid year to a paltry decade for the genre. I had many favorites and many guilty pleasures, but my pick goes to Tim Burton's masterpiece, Sleepy Hollow.

KR~!
06-16-2008, 06:16 PM
man did the 1990's ever sucked

satans-sadists
07-10-2008, 11:05 PM
My pick would be Audition. Other favorites in '99 were Sleepy Hollow and End of Days. I thought both The Blair Witch Project and The Sixth Sense were overrated.

Mattapooh
07-11-2008, 12:32 AM
I dug BWP, Sixth Sense, and some of the others, but I went with Ravenous. I was at a friend's house right when it came out on video and she'd rented it for no real reason. I'd seen the previews and thought it might be slightly interesting at best (not knowing ANYTHING about the plot or what was going on beforehand), so we put it on and it kicked my ass.

There are so many times that you go into a movie with preconceived notions of a movie nowadays because of the internet that you start to forget what it's like to just sit down and let a movie do it's work on you. This was one of those moments, and I was REALLY impressed by how good it was.

Big Bobby D
07-11-2008, 01:13 AM
I picked The Dead Hate The Living, even though I thought that came out in '98. I don't know why that movie never became a cult hit. I love it! I mean, it's a cheap, gory zombie movie from Full Moon, that should tell ya it's gonna be a fun movie!

MorallySound
07-11-2008, 02:31 AM
There are the classics like Sleepy Hollow, Blair Witch and Ninth Gate, but I gotta vote for Idle Hands. Just an all around fun horror-comedy that actual pays off.

Myron Breck
07-11-2008, 03:10 AM
Quite a few "overrated" items here, IMHO. I liked a few of them, some more than others, but I saw THE NINTH GATE recently and, while I wouldn't call it a Horror film at all, enjoyed it all to heck. Polanski's eerie atmosphere is so wonderful and the story isn't spoon-fed to the audience, which I always appreciate.

Mutilated Prey
07-11-2008, 03:35 AM
Blair Witch all the way - first flick in a long time that actually spooked me. Audition and Sixth Sense were great too.

Erick H.
07-11-2008, 06:38 AM
Some worthwhile ones here but I'm gonna throw my vote To STIR OF ECHOES whick got blown out by the SIXTH SENSE phenomenon.It's underrated,as is THE NINTH GATE.

Workshed
07-11-2008, 06:53 AM
BWP, although I really enjoyed Sleepy Hollow and End of Days.

Never saw The Dead Hate the Living! but I like the title. Will seek out.

The Chaostar
07-11-2008, 02:54 PM
Blair Witch all the way 2.

Ash28M
07-11-2008, 04:11 PM
This might have been the only solid year of 90's

These 7 were very good to great.

The Blair Witch Project
Audition
The Sixth Sense
Stir Of Echoes
Ravenous
Sleepy Hollow
The Ninth Gate

dwatts
07-11-2008, 04:30 PM
It was out of two - BWP and Audition. And I wanted to spread the love, so Audition for me. Could have gone either way though.

Fumi
07-12-2008, 10:36 PM
The Mummy. What can I say, I like a big dumb blockbuster once in a while :evil:

maskull
07-13-2008, 05:07 PM
I took absolutely no time in thinking about this one. The choice was obvious: Ravenous!!!! I freakin' love this movie!

Good year for me actually:

The awesome ones (Just not as awesome as Ravenous):
Stir Of Echoes
Sleepy Hollow
The Blair Witch Project
Deep Blue Sea
Idle Hands
Lake Placid
The Ninth Gate

The really good ones:
Audition
The Sixth Sense
House On Haunted Hill
The Mummy

This year was also a the height of my movie theater-going. I saw a lot of these movies in theaters.