PDA

View Full Version : Hellraiser LD box set.......

KillerCannabis
07-04-2002, 04:28 AM
I was at Amoeba the other day and found a used copy of Hellraiser on LD. It came in a big black box with an all black cover outlined with Pinhead's silohuette with silver lines for the nails. It was supposed to come with the script too, but it was missing. Only $15 for it. Maybe I should get it. It looked pretty damn sweet.

John
07-04-2002, 08:05 AM
That is one of my favorite boxsets. It is also one of the last ones I bought before really jumping into DVD's.

$15 is worth it just for the cool packaging and script.

wago70
07-05-2002, 08:01 PM
Get it - just get it.

K'
07-05-2002, 11:51 PM
It is really nice. I have a complete one, that got signed by good ol' Doug Bradley back in may when he was in Hamburg/Germany, sitting on the shelf right next to me :)

MISFITZ
07-09-2002, 12:30 AM
Count me in as well.

I'd get it. I know the set you are speaking of. And it DOES have a wicked design. It'd be a no brainer if it had the script. But $15 ain't too shabby. If i saw it on sale at a horror convention for that price i'd snag it.

Question from me now....

Is the version in the box set UNRATED? The DVD which boast an excellent transfer is the R-rated version, which one is in the BOX SET you are thinking of?

geekcccp
11-13-2007, 02:13 AM
I recently made this purchase and now I'm reading that the script was supposed to be signed by Barker. Is that true?

bigdaddyhorse
11-13-2007, 02:56 AM
I recently made this purchase and now I'm reading that the script was supposed to be signed by Barker. Is that true?

I'm not completely positive, but think there were 2 versions.
The sweet box with the script and one the same except limited with a signed script for a few extra bucks.

killit
11-13-2007, 04:30 AM
I bought it the day it came out, I didn't even have a player yet! I got it for ninety-nine ninety-nine at this little bankrupted joint called tower video in san francisco. The box was indeed awesome and my script came signed and the version of the movie on the LD was the same as all american versions, it was a gatefold double disker. Mine was numbered, I'm pretty sure they all were and that it was a limited edition. There was a single disc non box set release of this same transfer. I sold this for NOTHING about five years ago, I really wish I had kept all my lasers, I have such fond memories of that format.

wago70
11-13-2007, 06:02 PM
Hey, I got mine at Tower in San Francisco, too! I got in on sale for $69.99 and used a $20 Gift card on it. :). There were two versions of the set: signed and unsigned (I got the unsigned version). The gatefold LD also had a different cover than the stand-alone LD release.
I watched this again last month and it's still a great looking disc.

killit
11-13-2007, 08:21 PM
Which one! Market st or broadway?

wago70
11-13-2007, 11:49 PM
Market...I think. I used to hit those Towers in the same lump every Saturday morning (and then take the metro out to Stonestown Mall - there were great deals out there!)

DVD Connoisseur
11-14-2007, 12:13 AM
I have the Barker signed script version from my laser disc days. Think I paid about £99 for it back then - I couldn't contemplate spending that much on a film thesedays!

killit
11-15-2007, 01:01 AM
Market...I think. I used to hit those Towers in the same lump every Saturday morning (and then take the metro out to Stonestown Mall - there were great deals out there!)

Market for me too. I remember though in the late nineties, all of a sudden, out of the blue, broadway had like five brand new copies of suspiria and back then that shit was like the holy grail. I shopped at market a lot, had a friend that worked there, but damn if those employees aren't assholes! I went to visit my parents a few years ago, and was shopping there cause it's near and it was like, new faces same attitude, all holier than thou, you work at a chain store bitch, get over it!!!

Stonestown is and probably will always be, a freak show. I don't think I bought too many LD's there, though I did nearly buy all my home theater shit at the goodguys below, I'm not exactly sure why there, I worked at that damn mal during the summer a little while too, freaky shit!

I have the Barker signed script version from my laser disc days. Think I paid about 99 for it back then - I couldn't contemplate spending that much on a film thesedays!

I know, I'd be like, I can get it online for sixty five. Hell I don't pay more than 25 bucks for a single film these days. Performance and Mystics of bali (mostly because I hadn't seen it) were the last dvds I was truly excited about and they were cheap!

wago70
11-15-2007, 07:03 PM
Market for me too. I remember though in the late nineties, all of a sudden, out of the blue, broadway had like five brand new copies of suspiria and back then that shit was like the holy grail. I shopped at market a lot, had a friend that worked there, but damn if those employees aren't assholes! I went to visit my parents a few years ago, and was shopping there cause it's near and it was like, new faces same attitude, all holier than thou, you work at a chain store bitch, get over it!!!

Stonestown is and probably will always be, a freak show. I don't think I bought too many LD's there, though I did nearly buy all my home theater shit at the goodguys below, I'm not exactly sure why there, I worked at that damn mal during the summer a little while too, freaky shit!

Right on all points! Tower was something - I'd be promptly ignored even when trying to check my backpack in at the front. Lot's of unnecessary attitude there. Some of those faces have been seen at Ameoba records. :fire:

geekcccp
11-25-2007, 12:34 AM
Thanks for the help all!