PDA

View Full Version : For Those Intending to Purchase the Sleepaway Camp Survival Kit.............

Agent Z
07-04-2002, 11:25 AM
.....you might want to check out news of a BB exclusive featuring rare footage of SC IV. I can't stand any of the sequels for SLEEPAWAY CAMP so I'll be passing on this box set in either version........

SC IV hits dvd! (http://www.angelfire.com/retro/scfilms/sequeldvdsnews.htm)

ScaryMovieFreak
07-05-2002, 04:38 AM
I've only seen one sequel and I didn't like it. I'll still get this box set though.

thrashard76
07-05-2002, 06:49 AM
So what's the deal? Is SC 4 going to be a Best Buy exclusive for the box set or what? Best Buy's site doesn't say so but the link above does. Can someone explain? :(

Wez4555
07-05-2002, 07:59 AM
its $10 more at best buy then like buy.com. i hope its worth it...thanks for the heads up!

KillerCannabis
07-06-2002, 08:37 PM
I'll get anything SC related I can. I dont know how good a part 4 can be, but I'll give it a shot. I remember hearing about it being made a while ago. Sounded decent, but I think it'll more than likely suck.

CJ
07-08-2002, 09:31 PM
Bah! You Americans get all the good stuff. Spare a thought for us poor old Brits...

Having said that, we did get Witchfinder General first! So ner ner!:D :p

Funktion
07-10-2002, 12:41 AM
This is great news, but at the same kind it's kind of sad: if AB would have the trouble to include the complete version of SC 1 (at least the cut footage, maybe on that 4th disc), this would be a perfect box set...

Anyway, I would love to get it (but they don't ship to Europe!!!).
HELP!!!

novaguy2000
07-11-2002, 05:21 PM
Is this official? I still don't see any indication on the Best Buy site that there is extra footage/an extra disc....and how much footage of SC4 is there, anyway?

Fizban
07-14-2002, 11:42 PM
Its seems that www.sleepawaycampfilms.com has been reporting this. I couldnt find any other information on this though. I hope it is legit. That would be sweet. :) Here (http://www.angelfire.com/retro/scfilms/sequeldvdsnews.htm) is the link to the sleepawaycampfilms.com dvd news section.

Wez4555
07-15-2002, 12:37 AM
all i have to say is there better be something on the package. im not going to spend $35 on the same thing i could get at buy.com for $25.

Mortis
08-09-2002, 05:38 AM
You get a bonus disc and a $10 off coupon. I'm going to order the set and use the $10 coupon for ROTLD. The shipping there is free, so it's like getting ROTLD free.

hell ya!
08-11-2002, 07:24 AM
I just picked up the boxset(with the 4th disk) at Future shop for $34.99(Canadian), early and at a great price. Can't wait to watch them.:D

Wez4555
08-11-2002, 08:09 AM
omg omg ooooh my god omg omg omg oooooooo my god...haha sorry..does anyone know if its out early at the best buys? if it is then.....ooooooh my god oh my god ooooooohhh......

hell ya!
08-11-2002, 06:16 PM
Ha Ha:p I can't believe that i got it early nothing ever comes out early in Canada. :D

kiddvideo
08-12-2002, 01:32 AM
I got it too 34.99 canadian sweet !! Finally Canadians get a break !

Wez4555
08-12-2002, 02:38 AM
man im strongly thinking of moving to canada and get away from the lies and bullshit of this country. now i wanna go even more. theres a chick im getting close to and i like alot from where i used to live...rarg..damn meeting people threw friends...and she wants to move to canada..haha but it sounds like a great place. ill be makin the word "eeeeeeh?" in my vocab. in no time.haha its great you canadians get a break but also DAMN YOU! DAMN YOU AND YOUR HOMOSEXUAL SONS! haha anyway just had to let out the jeliously of yall getting it before me.:D

Andrew
08-12-2002, 05:27 AM
Eh, I'll live.

Keep in mind: All of you ordering it online for $34.99 with the $10 coupon...I'm almost positive it'll be $24.99 in stores, so it doesn't really matter.

Applejack
08-12-2002, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by AndrewBBD
Eh, I'll live.

Keep in mind: All of you ordering it online for $34.99 with the $10 coupon...I'm almost positive it'll be $24.99 in stores, so it doesn't really matter.

If it is going to be $24.99 in stores, then couldn't you take your online receipt to the b&m store for pricematching when you get it, or wouldn't the price of your online order be adjusted?

Mortis
08-16-2002, 02:02 AM
I'm in the process of ordering it on-line right now. If you just search for it on their page, you don't see the free coupon deal. You can still get to the page with the special if you have it bookmarked, though. It also only shows up as $30.99 instead of $34.99. It says $34.99 on the initial page, but if you add it to your card it goes to $30.99.

Funktion
08-16-2002, 02:06 AM
Is there any chance any of the Canadian members of the forum could get one boxset for me, since I can't order the 4 disc edition online (I'm from Europe)?

If you can, please let me know. Thanks.

ScaryMovieFreak
08-16-2002, 02:53 AM
I just picked up the Sleepaway Camp Survival Kit from Sam Goody today and it included the fourth disc.

bigdaddyhorse
08-16-2002, 05:53 AM
Best Buy in my area got em early. All had the 4th disc, $24.99.
They had at least 20 copies.
What's up with the 4th disc?
I thought it was supposed to be a BB exclusive, but it sounds like it's showing up in all the boxes.

ScaryMovieFreak
08-16-2002, 02:14 PM
Maybe it was a way to get people to get them from Best Buy? Also, I think Sam Goody is a part of Best Buy though.

TobalRox
08-17-2002, 08:33 AM
Actually, Sam Goody is part of Media Play, On Cue, and SunCoast... so it's strange that they have it.

betterdan
08-17-2002, 09:59 AM
I heard a while back that Best Buy had bought Suncoast but maybe that was just a rumor.

bigdaddyhorse
08-18-2002, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Funktion
Is there any chance any of the Canadian members of the forum could get one boxset for me, since I can't order the 4 disc edition online (I'm from Europe)?

If you can, please let me know. Thanks.

If you wanna cover shipping and tax and paypal fees (I think you have to use a credit card if from another country), I can pick it up and ship it to you. If interested email at bigdaddyhorse420@yahoo.com with your full adress. Then I can find out how much shipping options will be before getting it, and if it's reasonable when all totaled.

Applejack
08-20-2002, 02:51 AM
The online price has dropped to $24.99

My order has already been adjusted, so everyone else may want to check theirs.

Mortis
08-20-2002, 06:33 AM
I'm trying to go to the checkout, but it says that they don't have it.

Applejack
08-20-2002, 08:06 PM
Now I'm backordered, so God only knows when I'll get it.

I went ahead and just bought it in the store. I figure I'll just take the one I get online back with my instore receipt.

At least I got the $10 DC

laze
08-20-2002, 09:10 PM
Best Buy, even though they're the Spawn of Satan, do at least have a decent policy in terms of pricing. If you pre-order an item and it drops in price, they automatically adjust it for you, so you never need to worry about pre-ordering something for more than it costs when it's released.

Mortis
08-21-2002, 06:20 AM
You can't add it to your cart. It doesn't exist now.

Fizban
08-21-2002, 07:04 AM
I always pay for my procrastination. I forgot to pre-order and like Mortis said, it doesnt exist now. Looks like Ill be making a Trek to Atlanta this weekend to hunt it down. I really want that 4th disc!!!

Wez4555
08-21-2002, 08:02 AM
i picked mine up today for $25 w/ the 4th disc. i havent opened it up yet...its too beautiful. haha ill watch part 2 later tonight or tomarrow.

Fizban
08-21-2002, 04:14 PM
I envy you Wez.

John
08-21-2002, 11:58 PM
I heard a while back that Best Buy had bought Suncoast but maybe that was just a rumor.

A friend of my brother's got a job at Sam Goody and was able to get a discount at Best Buy. I have also seen Sam Goody/Suncoast stores at various malls, so Best Buy probably does own them, or they are all owned by the same parent company.

I had my wife go and pick up the boxset since I had to work. I can't wait to pop them in and watch the movies. I still can't believe the low price. Anchor Bay is starting to pack their discs AND have dirt cheap MSRP's much like New Line.

ronweston
08-23-2002, 06:18 PM
Got my discs in the mail yesterday from Bestbuy and was happy to see they had adjusted the price to $24.95. Today I got an e-mail from them with the $10 digital coupon, which must be used by Sept 7. Good deal. I was a little worried about the price until I heard they would be lowering it when it hit the stores.

Mortis
08-25-2002, 04:35 AM
It's for sale again on their site if anyone wanted to order it.

Suicide
08-25-2002, 06:47 AM
I'm still waiting on my preorder to arrive. I'd say Monday should see it's arrival. For once I actually got a decent deal. It only cost $16 when you take out the $10 digital coupon which I'm gonna use on Masque of the Red Death. I did end up waiting awhile for it to ship, and still am waiting, but I've seen all three within the last 8 months anyway so I'm not desperate to see them soon. Which is why I preordered it in the first place. But I'll probably watch them all the day it shows itself.

Fizban
08-27-2002, 06:42 AM
Woohoo, I finally picked mine up on Satrday. Well worth the long trip. I love this set!!!! :)

EPKJ
08-30-2002, 06:30 PM
First, let me state that Best Buy owns both Suncoast Video and Sam Goody. Second, the Best Buy exclusive on the Sleepaway Camp Survival Kit contains a fourth disk which has some footage from the never completed film, Sleepaway Camp IV The Survivor. This is NOT a movie! It is still interesting and comes in a paper disk saver, not a keep case. I would also note that Best Buy had the set for $24.99. That is $8.33 per movie. This is a great price!

mcchrist
12-26-2002, 05:52 AM
OK, so even though Best Buy and Suncoast are in the same family (company wise) I still thought the fourth disc was an exclusive ONLY for Best Buy, yet I saw a box set with the fourth disc at Suncoast this week. I'm not really interested in this series, but I thought I'd pass the word.

Dusk
12-26-2002, 09:48 AM
Anyone who didn't get the 4th disc I have an art contest for those serious about getting it on my site, every entry wins so I am basically giving them away for free.

And to the fellow who said it is not a real movie, true, the DVD is the footage I found but it is truly something 'uncut' - pure unedted takes, when I was in LA Anchor Bay had the confidence to put it on its own DVD after me and the director got it to them. end of a ten year battle, folks, this is history making shit.

And now I'm directing the rest of SC4 next week here in Syd, so it will finaly be a complete movie. Good or bad, but complete nonetheless.

EPKJ
12-26-2002, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Dusk
Anyone who didn't get the 4th disc I have an art contest for those serious about getting it on my site, every entry wins so I am basically giving them away for free.

And to the fellow who said it is not a real movie, true, the DVD is the footage I found but it is truly something 'uncut' - pure unedted takes, when I was in LA Anchor Bay had the confidence to put it on its own DVD after me and the director got it to them. end of a ten year battle, folks, this is history making shit.

And now I'm directing the rest of SC4 next week here in Syd, so it will finaly be a complete movie. Good or bad, but complete nonetheless.

I did say that I found the footage interesting. However, I found that a number of people were under the impression that the fourth disk was a movie, so I merely clarified what should already have been known. Anchor Bay made it very clear that the fourth disk was not a movie, but, some people just don't pay attention. I am glad to know that there will finally be a fourth film in the series. This was one of the most interesting slasher series ever done. Can you tell us when the film might be complete?

Dusk
12-27-2002, 09:42 PM
Either in a few weeks or another 10 years, it depends on how much we can get done in our limited schedule. :D