PDA

View Full Version : Finally saw Bio Zombie last night

TobalRox
07-04-2002, 09:19 PM
I finally got around to watching my Tokyo Shock edition of Bio Zombie and I enjoyed it.... Now I don't post in the asian section often because I don't know a lot about it, so if anything I state is a repeat, I apologize, but there was too much to sift through. Anyway, I heard the only extra I'm missing is the alternate ending, is this true? If so, what is the ending? I enjoyed the addition of the "engrish" subtitles though :) hehe. finally, my last question is that I'm wondering what would be a recomendation for another good Asian flick of similar style? My friends and I are trying to have a weekly movie night, with different themes each week, and I was thinking of having an Asian night with this, Riki-Oh, and ______. Please fill in the blank for me :) hehe. Thanks in advance.

Fart Lighter
07-04-2002, 11:05 PM
in the alternae ending she turns into a zombie and attacks him. The HK disk is really cheap from www.dddhouse.com

TobalRox
07-05-2002, 03:21 AM
I'd like to see the ending, but I don't see a point in buying the movie over again.

Max Yokell
07-05-2002, 06:05 AM
I too enjoyed Bio-Zombies as well. I have the same TS version as you do without the alt ending.

I also have the semi-sequel called Bio-Cops but have not watched it yet. I need to get around to it.

Max

TobalRox
07-05-2002, 06:56 AM
Never heard about the sequel, I'll have to check that out.

2D4EVER
07-05-2002, 07:17 AM
Yeah I really liked Bio-Zombie also. I've seen the vcd of Bio-Cops for sale but never picked it up. When you get around to watching it give a few impressions please. I just never picked it up because I had a serious doubt it would be a real sequel. I mean how the fuck can they do a sequel to this movie with at least one of the main chars back and not a zombie? Though I'm still interested. If your comments on it are good I'll pick it up. Is there a dvd of it?

Later all...

Shannafey
07-05-2002, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by 2D4EVER
Yeah I really liked Bio-Zombie also. I've seen the vcd of Bio-Cops for sale but never picked it up. When you get around to watching it give a few impressions please. I just never picked it up because I had a serious doubt it would be a real sequel. I mean how the fuck can they do a sequel to this movie with at least one of the main chars back and not a zombie? Though I'm still interested. If your comments on it are good I'll pick it up. Is there a dvd of it?

Bio-Cops is neither a sequel, or as good as Bio-Zombie, but I found it entertaining. If you can get it cheap, it's worth a look and yes, there is a dvd of it. My buddy lives in HK, and brought me both of these films on dvd as a gift.

Trout
07-05-2002, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by TobalRox
My friends and I are trying to have a weekly movie night, with different themes each week, and I was thinking of having an Asian night with this, Riki-Oh, and ______. Please fill in the blank for me :) hehe. Thanks in advance.

How about "The Untold story".

Black_Mandarin
07-05-2002, 09:09 PM
"Riki-Oh, and ______. "

The Seventh Curse- same director, same off the wall madness.

TobalRox
07-05-2002, 11:30 PM
Is that with Chow Yun Fat? If so, that was the one I was looking online to order actually.... kind of ironic, guess I should always go with my gut, huh? :)

Azathoth
07-06-2002, 08:41 AM
I enjoyed the addition of the "engrish" subtitles though :)

The subtitles weren't too bad, I've got Ring 1 & 2 on VCD and the subs on them are horrible.

Seems like they got the heart of the translations down in Bio-Zombie.....but I thought it was funny that instead of saying "shit" or "poop", "crap"..etc they kept saying "stool".

That one part where the zombie is in the bathroom and they bust in the door, the guy says something like:

"Can't you see I'm stooling?"

TobalRox
07-06-2002, 05:27 PM
No, there is an actual option for "Engrish" subtitles on the Tokyo Shock DVD... In the audio setup you have English Dub, orignal Japanese Language, english subs, and engrish subs.

DefJeff
07-06-2002, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Azathoth

but I thought it was funny that instead of saying "shit" or "poop", "crap"..etc they kept saying "stool".

That one part where the zombie is in the bathroom and they bust in the door, the guy says something like:

"Can't you see I'm stooling?"

hahaha, thats too funny man

mcchrist
07-07-2002, 01:53 AM
I remember that, I don't own the DVD yet, but the boot copy I got when it first came out had the same subs. I'm going to have to watch that again.

TobalRox
07-07-2002, 07:30 AM
Another interesting note, the actress that played Rolls (who is pretty darn cute, if you ask me) is the voice of Dee Dee in Dexter's Lab!

KillerCannabis
07-07-2002, 08:49 PM
I finally watched mine a few weeks ago too and was pleasantly surprised. It was entertaining and fun to watch. I'm so huge on Asian cinema right now it isnt even funny. Rolls sure was one piece of ass. And the other characters were funny because.....well, they just were. I love movies like this and need to pick up as many more as I can just like it.

AceRimRat
07-09-2002, 01:28 AM
I really enjoyed "Bio-Zombie" - I bought the Mei Ah DVD along with the pseudo-sequel "Bio-Cops" and then bought the Media Blasters/TS version, which I kept, mainly for the better English subs/dub and on-screen text (the "video game stats" in English, for instance). That won out over the alternate ending, which I found very similar to the regular one, outside of the concluding twist.

And I thought the "Engrish" subs were really funny, given that they are about the equivalent of the "English" subs on the Mei Ah disc.

rhett
03-08-2003, 09:13 AM
I saw BIO ZOMBIE at the Calgary International Horror Film Festival, and I had a fun time. The whole theatre was in hysterics for most of the film, it was really great.

I loved that faux split-screen shot that came together, it kind of tricks you. Also cool was the video game-esque screen messages near the end of the film, like RELOAD! and NO BATTERIES. :lol:

I was saying to some friends that this film would probably be better called BILL AND TED'S EXCELLENT KOREAN ZOMBIE ADVENTURE. :D I must say I was pleasantly surprised with this film, I ended up having a blast watching it. Not something I'd recommend to the grandparents, but definitely some good, solid, turn-your-brain-off fun!

Bods
03-10-2003, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by rhett
BILL AND TED'S EXCELLENT KOREAN ZOMBIE ADVENTURE. :D

Don't mean to be picky or anything, but Bio-Zombie is from HK, not Korea :)

moogong
03-10-2003, 03:32 PM
Bio-Zombie was pretty good. Angela Tong Ying-Ying as Rolls is incredibly hot.
I havent seen Bio-Cops yet but I am about to order it.

Fart Lighter
03-10-2003, 10:26 PM
Another interesting note, the actress that played Rolls (who is pretty darn cute, if you ask me) is the voice of Dee Dee in Dexter's Lab!

Angela Tong? I knew she was from Canada, but didn't know that. S o she travels a lot by the sounds of it I guess. I'd certanly like to have Angela Tong to myself. SHe looks great in Scaremonger too.

Regarding the Toky SHock DVD, I've heard that the non-anamorphic WS image is positioned at the top of the screen, making it difficult to view on Widescreen TVs, and has the subs in the bars at the bottom, which doesn't help. Is this true?

rhett
03-11-2003, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by Bods
Don't mean to be picky or anything, but Bio-Zombie is from HK, not Korea :)
You're right...my bad. :cool: