PDA

View Full Version : Story of Ricky cut in US?

2D4EVER
07-06-2002, 05:16 AM
Son of a bitch. Is it true? I heard about it looking through some auctions. It said it was cut by 6 mins. If so what was cut and I must buy the HK release ASAP if this is true. And now I am thinking I really need to see that Seventh Curse brought up in the other thread. Damn I need money right now. So many dvds, games, CONSOLES, other various shit to buy. :(

Later all...

DefJeff
07-06-2002, 05:48 AM
the Tokyo Shock one?? :(

2D4EVER
07-06-2002, 06:01 AM
Yea. That's the only US version I know. Check out the auction here. (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1546853199)

If this is true I'm gonna be pissed off. What could they have possibly cut? Why would they cut it? Damn it.

Later all...

DefJeff
07-06-2002, 06:09 AM
hahaha, its the only US one i know too, i was just hopin it wasnt, cuz its the one i own :)

Trout
07-06-2002, 03:01 PM
If the Tokyo Shock version is cut, I would like to see what is missing. It's still pretty gory at 90 mins.

TobalRox
07-06-2002, 04:47 PM
I'm pretty sure the US version is uncut. Either this guys has way too many copies of the HK version he got thinking it would be uncut, and needs to get rid of them all (and is feeling stupid, so making it up that it's longer), or maybe the HK disc he has is a misprinted running time. I would highly doubt there would be six minutes more because they would have no need to cut the movie here.

Disco Stu
07-07-2002, 04:39 AM
I've personally spoken to Tokyo Shock on this issue well over a year ago, and the Hong Kong version is identical save for the cover. The 96 minute running time is a misprint.

2D4EVER
07-07-2002, 05:26 AM
Thank god. :) I don't need anything else to buy. But I saw Audition and Tell Me something today. I need to get those. The cycle goes on.

Later all...

KillerCannabis
07-07-2002, 07:51 PM
I fuckin love this movie. Good thing it isnt cut or else I would have been plenty upset. The only thing I'd like from this movie is a nice 16X9 transfer. Then I'd be happy as a pig in shit. The 7th Curse is also done by the same director? Is it available on R1 yet? If so, I need to make a run to my local store. Sounds badass to me.

2D4EVER
07-07-2002, 09:28 PM
The Seventh Curse will be mine soon!!! It's a region 0 DVD. Don't know if it's coming to the US but the R0 one is cheap enough. I also got Audition and Evil Dead Trap today (but I didn't see Tell Me Something...oh well). I got some movies to watch.

Later all...

Black_Mandarin
07-07-2002, 09:33 PM
All sources I have read state that the US release is identical to the HK release, a direct prot of the exact same source and print, just a repackaging.

Linn
07-09-2002, 01:00 AM
A big, giant special edition of Ricky is coming from Hong Kong Legends by the end of the year!!!

2D4EVER
07-09-2002, 02:03 AM
WhatwhatWHAT? FUCKIN AWESOME!!! It is coming to the US right? If not...I'm getting it anyway. Oh and Audition is fuckin great. One of the best Miike movies I've seen. I still need to see DoA/DoA2 and Visitor Q though. And Ichi the Killer. That one looks insane.:) EDT was pretty good but the eye scene looked pretty fake with all that ooze coming out of the eye and the end was...well...I don't know.

Linn
07-09-2002, 02:28 PM
you should be able to get it online easy like the rest of HKL DVDs. As long as you're region free and can play PAL, you're fine! It will be uncut, with trailers, and interview with "Ricky" and maybe with a commentary and some cut scenes! Those last two haven't been confirmed yet.

MrTorso
07-15-2002, 10:55 AM
All sources I have read state that the US release is identical to the HK release, a direct prot of the exact same source and print, just a repackaging.

Its not even a port, it is just the HK dvd with Tokyo Shock's art work printed on the DVD and the packaging. Once you play the disc there is no mention of Tokyo Shock anywhere. It even has trailer for movies that Tokyo Shock isn't going to release. The ID ring of the DVD says MS/DVD/131/HK the MS standing for MEGA STAR who releases most of Media Asia's (Evil) titles in Hong Kong.

-Ian