PDA

View Full Version : 12 Monkeys question

jscott
07-06-2002, 08:17 PM
I finally picked up 12 Monkeys on DVD last night (used for $10, couldn't pass it up), and after watching it, I want to know what's on the Signature Collection LD that didn't make it to the DVD?
The DVD has a commentary by Gilliam, and the documentary The Hamster Factor and Other Tales of Twelve Monkeys (running time 90 minutes). The only feature that I've noticed the DVD lacking is storyboards. Has the documentary been cut short the same way the JAWS doc. was cut? I finally got the JAWS CAV boxset after reading so many posts about it, and finding an Easter Egg on the Usual Suspects DVD where Bryan Singer goes on about how good the documentary/outtakes were on the LD. Any deleted scenes on the 12 Monkeys LD? Any help will be appreciated.

Paff
07-06-2002, 08:40 PM
A full listing of the supplements, directly from the back of the LD:

Commentary with director Terry Gilliam and producer Charles Roven

The Hamster Factor and Other Tales of Twelve Monkeys

Production photographs

Original Advertising, marketing, and publicity materials

Storyboards

Theatrical Trailers

as far as i can see, no deleted scenes, but I still haven't gone through ALL the supplements yet...

jscott
07-06-2002, 09:03 PM
Thanks for the scoop Paff. I like this film very much, but not enough to own the Laserdisc and the DVD, since there's not too much stuff missing from the DVD.

KillerCannabis
07-07-2002, 07:54 PM
The DVD of this is practically a direct port from the laserdisc. It isnt missing any features that would be that important. The only real biggie (for me anyways) is the documentary, but since its on the disc, I'm more than happy with it.