PDA

View Full Version : I got 2 NEW LASERDISCS (LD) today

BigDeg187
01-20-2001, 12:47 AM
Well Today I got both Suspiria and Demons 2, both of them are mint!!!!!

------------------
Wanna see something really scary? Vistit http://www.SavageCinema.com

Jason25
01-20-2001, 12:56 AM
No Tenebrae, geesh.

No wonder Demons 2 is mint, it's a shitty film.

Cujo108
01-20-2001, 02:04 AM
I have a quick question. Why would you get Suspiria if you said how you hated it in your post about the Argento's best film poll? I just wondered. Anyways, I think you got two great films there.

napalm68
01-20-2001, 02:05 AM
Moderators, can we start a new forum for this person, so he can start idiotic threads of no interest, use, or relevance to anyone? How about we call the Forum Unrelated CRAP. Or is he going to start his shopping list in the main forum soon. Or would you like everyone in this forum to start new threads for useless bullshit like this? Who gives a damn what LDs this person bought? Everytime he buys one, he thinks it is a reason to start a new thread. Enough is enough.

Or is there some way I can spam block all posts from this person?

Oh yeah - and buying your much hated Suspiria - or were you just trying to be controversial with that other thread you started. You are my hero. I'd still like to spam block you.

------------------
Oh no, mother! Blood!

[This message has been edited by napalm68 (edited 01-19-2001).]

BigDeg187
01-20-2001, 02:44 AM
I never said I hated Suspiria. I just don't care for it as much as Argento's other films like Tenebre. And I am not Spamming. I am starting up a conversation on the Suspiria Image and Roan Demons 2 LDs. If you don't care about Laser discs you shouldn't post a reply. And ask Paff or Dave, they will tell you I'm not spamming.

------------------

hojimoji
01-20-2001, 04:21 AM
Hey napalm, I don't want to step on your toes, but the moderators don't need to get involved in the filtering process. If you see the name of someone you're not interested in in the "Topic Starter" column, don't read on. It's not like spam where you're forced to d/l it before you knwo what it is.

Sorry if this is out of line, I just don't believe people should read what they don't want to when they don't have to.

G.

[This message has been edited by hojimoji (edited 01-19-2001).]

Zombie Keeper
01-20-2001, 04:55 AM
Suspiria is art. Demons 2 is garbage.

Originally posted by BigDeg187:
Well Today I got both Suspiria and Demons 2, both of them are mint!!!!!

------------------
Zombie Keeper
ZombieKeeper.com (http://www.zombiekeeper.com/)
Horror Movie Reviews, Chat, Message Boards, and more...

BigDeg187
01-20-2001, 05:02 AM
Your right Zombie, but I love both garbage and art! After watching Suspiria again, I understand why so many people love it. The main reason I went against it at first is the fact that its too over rated.

------------------

napalm68
01-20-2001, 05:35 AM
No, you are not starting up a conversation on particular LD Titles, you are simply starting MULTIPLE threads on what LDs you have bought. I did not see any comments solicited by you on either this thread or your previous "I bought one LD today" thread. You don't even have the decency to just keep the one thread for your ld purchases, you just seem to have this new found love for ld, and in both cases, your threads are just gloating on your purchases, not soliciting discussion. Don't give me bullshit about "Oh, I'm just starting a thread to discuss these two movies". Yeah, right, well there was nothing in either of your two "Today's Shopping" threads asking comments. Not to mention, if you had have been soliciting discussion on Suspiria and D2, that belongs on the Euro Horror thread.

Hojimoji - yeah, I will not be clicking on any threads of deg's shopping list threads, but I am pretty annoyed that someone thinks a purchase warrants starting a thread. If everyone in this forum started a new thread for every fucking DVD or LD or VHS purchase they made, it would be a nightmare. Or are we just supposed to patronise bigdeg because he is in some category of person who warrants being patronised? If so, let me know if he is in some affirmative action category, and I will then respond to each of his threads by "That's very good, Bigdeg! My, you are lucky and clever!"

------------------
Oh no, mother! Blood!

Paff
01-20-2001, 08:53 AM
Well, since my name has come up in this thread, I guess I'm compelled to respond.

Truth is, as much as a laserdisc fan as I am, Big D, you don't have to post EVERY time you buy a new one. If I did that, there would be nothing but Paff New Laserdisc posts on this board, and that's pretty dull.

Still, when you (or anyone) finds a good laserdisc "score", I'd love to hear about it.

A quick guide:
Suspiria LD = Score
Demons 2 LD = not a big deal

(and I'll bet anything you have more of an appreciation of Suspiria after seeing it on LD with the fantastic sound and picture)

napalm68
01-20-2001, 09:56 AM
Yeah, maybe actually watch the LDs before you post, so some useful information can be imparted - like what is the quality like of the Suspiria LD? Running time? Sound format? Picture format? P&S? Etc. People would be interested in some information on the item itself, see if they want to dig up a copy.

------------------
Oh no, mother! Blood!

BigDeg187
01-20-2001, 11:29 AM
The quality is astounding. I know for a fact that the Anchorbay dvd will have more grain than this LD becuas DVDs pick up more grain during the transfer, but this LD has more scratches and specks. The sound is great to. This is the Image LD, WIDESCREEN and I'm not sure of the running time, but I know its uncut. For being a 1989 release its way before its time! To this day, I still have seen releases of LDs or DVDs that top this quality.

------------------

Dave
01-20-2001, 01:34 PM
Moving to the laserdisc forum.

BigDeg187 - their suggestions are correct. It's best to discuss the quality of the lasers, etc.

------------------
David W. Anderson - dave@horrordvds.com
Webmaster - www.horrordvds.com (http://www.horrordvds.com)