PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on "Audition"

Joel Groce
07-09-2002, 06:46 AM
Ok, finally saw Miike's Audition over the break. Having been blown away by "Visitor Q" a couple months ago, it was hard to not compare. I see what he was trying to do tearing apart common stereotypes of the subservient Japanese woman and so forth, and I shouldn't place these films side by side, but it was hard to not come away a little disappointed. I did like the creepy scenes he set up and the imagery was effective. I also knew more than I should have going in, so that never helps. Anybody else see "Visitor Q"?

2D4EVER
07-09-2002, 07:25 AM
Nope. I haven't seen Visitor Q yet but I did get and see Audition saturday. I really liked it. The main actress is really good. I wonder if that company will put out any more japanese horror movies or anything like that.

Later all...

dvdasia62
07-09-2002, 02:39 PM
"Auditon" was awesome!!! One of the most unique and disturbing films I personally have seen. :)

Shannafey
07-09-2002, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Joel Groce
Ok, finally saw Miike's Audition over the break. Having been blown away by "Visitor Q" a couple months ago, it was hard to not compare. I see what he was trying to do tearing apart common stereotypes of the subservient Japanese woman and so forth, and I shouldn't place these films side by side, but it was hard to not come away a little disappointed. I did like the creepy scenes he set up and the imagery was effective. I also knew more than I should have going in, so that never helps. Anybody else see "Visitor Q"?

Joel, I feel the same way about Audition as you do!!

KillerCannabis
07-09-2002, 07:35 PM
I still havent seen this, but I found a copy at my local Best Buy. I'll probably go down tomorrow to get it. I'm so obsessed with Japanese horror movies right now its amazing. I cant wait to see this.

DVD Connoisseur
07-09-2002, 09:00 PM
...thus it became the first Asian Horror of the Month back in March.

Here's the link:-

http://www.horrordvds.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5285

This is certainly a talked about movie - whilst it is definitely not for all tastes, it does seem to leave a lasting expression!

aoiookami
07-10-2002, 09:14 AM
Audition was fantastic, probably my fav. horror movie, it was just so different from the typical 'kill, kill, kill' stuff we've been seeing, and actually gives some genuine scares (laundry bag anyone??)

I havnt seen Visitor Q yet, but I'm definately going to buy it when it's released...apparently tokyo shock is bringing it out, which is...bleh. I wish the one that put out Audition had Visitor Q, but atleast its coming out, huh?
take care

2D4EVER
07-10-2002, 06:26 PM
Yeah. I have the Fudoh Tokyo Shock disc and there are absolutely no extras on it. Not even a main menu.

Later all...

KillerCannabis
07-11-2002, 08:31 PM
Well, I finally got my copy from the Wherehouse of all places. Its going in my player tonight, so hopefully it lives up to all the good I've heard about it.......

Erg0n
07-15-2002, 03:11 AM
I really enjoyed the film audition although some parts were a bit too much. The lead actress was good

Iíll check out Visitor Q, if I can find it

KillerCannabis
07-16-2002, 06:40 PM
I finally got around to watching it last night and it was very interesting. Visually it was amazing and the lead actress was very good. And the whole scene at the end with the needles and wire was disturbing as shit. I'd be interested in seeing other work by this director. I'm going to watch it again soon, so I can really immerse myself in the film.