PDA

View Full Version : found an interesting LD in my collection

Max Yokell
07-11-2002, 04:08 PM
I was going though my Lds and dusting and moving them and found one I thought was interesting.

It is the Camelot Music Spring 1992 Catalog LD. It basically is a listing on a 10" LD of all current titles of the time on LD.

I have not had a chance to put it in the player and look it over yet, but I thought it was a neat find.

Max

KillerCannabis
07-11-2002, 09:29 PM
Interesting find indeed. Let us know if theres anything worth a shit on it.

Max Yokell
07-12-2002, 02:02 AM
It is a catalog using CAV still shots of everything out on Laser in the spring of 92. It is interesting to look through. I wonder how many of these or out there. Kind of cool because of the oddity factor.

Next step is to figure out which Lasers I have that are not on DVD yet.

Max

Paff
07-13-2002, 12:19 PM
Some of those catalog and sampler discs are very rare and valuable.

Speaking of valuable, I just managed to snag the "Saturday Morning Cartoons Greatest Hits" LD. Now, this is a popular CD with many current acts doing versions of cartoon theme songs. The LD is a collection of videos the bands made.

You have:
Sublime - Hong Kong Phooey
The Ramones - Spider-Man
Liz Phair & Material Issue - Banana Splits
Violent Femmes - Eep Opp Ork Ah Ah
Sponge - Speed Racer
Juliana Hatfield & Tanya Donnelly - Josie and the Pussycats
Face to Face - Popeye the Sailor Man

and about 10 other songs. Pretty cool, no?

mcchrist
07-13-2002, 10:39 PM
OMG Paff, I have that CD (even though it pretty much sucks, its kinda cool for the oddity factor) I had no idea they made a video collection of this, let alone LD.

laserdogg
07-14-2002, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by Paff
Some of those catalog and sampler discs are very rare and valuable.

Speaking of valuable, I just managed to snag the "Saturday Morning Cartoons Greatest Hits" LD. Now, this is a popular CD with many current acts doing versions of cartoon theme songs. The LD is a collection of videos the bands made.

You have:
Sublime - Hong Kong Phooey
The Ramones - Spider-Man
Liz Phair & Material Issue - Banana Splits
Violent Femmes - Eep Opp Ork Ah Ah
Sponge - Speed Racer
Juliana Hatfield & Tanya Donnelly - Josie and the Pussycats
Face to Face - Popeye the Sailor Man

and about 10 other songs. Pretty cool, no?

I've got it too. Drew Barrymore hosted weirdness. It's good for one view just for the novelty.

That Camelot catalog sounds like the spring Image catalog, mine has Suncoasts name on it. There were 2 of those released.

One of my stranger discs was used for demonstrating the Atari 400/800 computers and is interactive in a way that simulates the experience of using the aforementioned Atari computers.