PDA

View Full Version : Battle Royale 2....could it be true??

KillerCannabis
07-13-2002, 12:13 PM
According to Creature Corner, BR 2 may be a go. With the director returning and the 2 survivors (Nanahara and his bitch) from the first flick. Even Beat Takeshi gets back in on the action somehow. I cant wait for this to happen. BR is one of my favorite movies of all time. Period. Its so excellent I cream in my pants just thinking about it. I so hope this gets made. I'd be the happiest gorehound in the world. Can't wait to get my R0 copy on disc.

betterdan
07-13-2002, 12:36 PM
better clean that cream outta your pants YUCK! :)

dvdasia62
07-13-2002, 02:36 PM
I'm about the only person on this board that will happily pass on this thing. :)

mcchrist
07-13-2002, 09:36 PM
I loved the first one, but I'm not so sure about a second one. IMHO, unless its an intended series, sequels should not be trumped up until justified... Out of all the bad movies I've ever seen, 90 percent of them have been sequels.

KillerCannabis
07-14-2002, 10:26 AM
I know sequels tend to suck more than anything, but this one has a few good things in its favor. For one, its a sequel to BATTLE ROYALE. One of the greatest flicks ever. I loved everything about the first movie and would love to see how it continues in the second. And secondly, everyone is returning. Well, obviously not everyone, but the main characters that lived and the director, so I dont think he'd ruin the legacy of his classic by making a piece of shit. I'd still watch this if it got made, if it sucks, I've always got the original BR.

DVD Connoisseur
07-14-2002, 08:43 PM
...to stand on its own merits, depending on what the director and the writers have in mind. I'm quite confident that this film is in safe hands, should the rumours be true. This news is definitely exciting!

mcchrist
07-14-2002, 11:29 PM
We'll see soon enough. Waiting with bated breath.

Junpei
07-15-2002, 09:07 PM
Don't really like the idea of a BR2, especially if they bring back the survivors. I feel their story was told in the first movie.

If they must do a sequel, I'd rather it be about a new group of students. Maybe in a new location with new rules.

KillerCannabis
07-16-2002, 06:38 PM
You know.....that wouldn't be such a bad idea either. I'd like to see a new game on a new island with different rules. But the same amount of blood and guts that went into the first one. I really hope that if this gets made, they do me proud.

jeffschmidt
07-19-2002, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by Junpei
Don't really like the idea of a BR2, especially if they bring back the survivors. I feel their story was told in the first movie.

If they must do a sequel, I'd rather it be about a new group of students. Maybe in a new location with new rules.

I think that would be the best way to do a BR sequel. The original was dope, but I wouldn't want to follow those same 2 kids through a similar situation again.

The only thing that I didn't like about the original BR were the 2 older kids that weren't from the main class; especially the psycho one with the wild hair.

KillerCannabis
07-19-2002, 09:53 AM
What are you talking about? The crazy pyscho kid with the wild hair kicked ass. I love the scene where he blows those 2 chicks away on the hill top and then shoots one while she screams into the megaphone. He was sick and twisted.......my kind of scum.

jeffschmidt
07-20-2002, 12:06 AM
My main beef with that guy was that he seemed to have about a million bullets; he sprayed lead everywhere & never went dry. He also fucked up the hacker kids, & really wanted their plan to work out.

Overall, I thought the 2 "volunteers" were kind of a cheap plot device, but it's still a dope-ass movie.