PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Asian Horror Films

dvdasia62
07-15-2002, 02:48 AM
What are your top 10 Asian horror films that you have seen so far? Mine are as follows:

1) The Eye
2) Audition
3) Kairo
4) Say Yes
5) Kwaidan
6) Tell Me Something
7) The Isle
8) Ring
9) 990714.com
10) A Wicked Ghost

:)

Erg0n
07-15-2002, 03:05 AM
Iím not much into Asian Horror due to the lack of available movies where I live, but Iíve seen 3 movies in your 10. My friend has the Eye on VCD and Iím sure to check out since itís your #1.

dvdasia62
07-15-2002, 04:46 AM
Just thought I'd throw out some honorable mentions that didn't make my top 10 and in no praticular order.

Ghost Actress(Don't Look Up)
Uzumaki
Gemini
Cure
Another Heaven
St. Johns Wort
Kakashi
Haunted Mansion
Temegotchi
Nightmare Zone

Geez, I could have had a top 20 though the above would not effect my original top 10. Man, I just remembered "Ring 2" also but I wasn't too impressed with that as I wasn't of course with "Battle Royale" either. :)

dvdasia62
07-15-2002, 05:13 AM
Forgot to mention "Evil Dead Trap" which would definately make my top 25.

KillerCannabis
07-15-2002, 09:40 AM
I'll just list what I've seen, since it aint too much:

Ring (Good movie, creepy atmosphere)

Battle Royale (Fuckin awesome, one of my favorite flicks of all time)

Versus (Kick ass Matrix-meets-Evil Dead)

And my wish list to see:

Audition (I have it, just need to throw it in)
Freeze Me
Tell Me Something
Evil Dead Trap
The Eye
and a few more, but I'm too stoned to remember......

DVD Connoisseur
07-15-2002, 07:16 PM
Audition
Evil Dead Trap
Untold Story
Ring
Battle Royale
Tell Me Something
Another Heaven
Ring 2
Urotsukodji: Legend of the Overfiend (is this cheating?)
Robotrix (okay, more sci-fi than horror but I like it!)

Roger Keightley
07-16-2002, 01:26 AM
But here goes anyway, in descending order:
1. Onibaba
2. Audition
3. Ring
4. All Night Long 2
5. Evil Dead Trap
6. Hell
7. Organ
8. Tell Me Something
9. Kairo
10.The Untold Story

mutleyhyde
07-17-2002, 10:54 AM
-sigh- I still need to get Kwaidan. :( Audition too. Hell, looking at these titles, I realize I've seen virtually no Asian horror.

Bio-zombie
Wicked City (live action and anime)

That's about all I can think of that I've seen right now, unless you count anime, then I've maybe seen ten or so more titles...

Urotsukidoji
La Blue Girl
Ninja Scroll
Doomed Megopolis
uhhhh... okay, maybe only four more. :(

LJMurder
08-09-2002, 04:41 PM
i've seen so many asian horror films it's hard to even pick just 10. the best I'd say would be:

Uzumaki (absolutely awesome, great manga adaption)

Tetsuo the iron man (ok, shinya tsuakmoto is amazing. this movie, at 70 minutes long was too much to watch in one sitting. that is saying a lot. a man slowly turning into a pile of metal.)

Battle Royal (school kids on an island killing each other w/ beat takeshi, what could be better?)

Versus (samurai vs. zombie vs. yakuza, great fighting, great story)

Ring (it's a must see for anyone, it started a whole wave of horror movies in Japan)

Audition (one crazy beyotch ideed)

Wild Zero (aliens invading cause zombies all based around the magic rocking power of guitar wolf. not to mention transexuals and a villian with the shortest tightest shorts ever)

Bio-Zombie (who could hate a movie with characters named woody invincible and crazy bee? not me that's for sure)

Charisma (it gives a nice feeling of complete desolation)

Chinese Ghost Story (OK, it's not horror per se, more like ghosts and demons and things with lots of kung fu. definitely a pleasure to watch though.)

aoiookami
08-09-2002, 09:07 PM
I also havnt seen that many (yet:p ) I'm waiting for the majority of them to be released on R1, like Visitor Q,Versus, Junk, and Wild Zero....but I'll list my top 5;
1. Audition
2. Ricky oh!
3. Battle Royale
4. Tetsuo;The Iron Man
5. Nightmare Campus (anime)

man, hope I can find Freeze Me when I go down to the US in 2 weeks...

Shannafey
08-09-2002, 10:03 PM
Man, you guys are missing Pokemon, Digimon, Sailor Moon. These are all horror movies on a different level.

LJMurder
08-11-2002, 06:07 PM
of course, if by horror, you mean horrifyingly bad, then yes they do count as horror movies and should be at the top of my list