PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help me with this (a tough one)?

Werner Von Wallenrod
07-18-2002, 10:34 PM
OK. I've heard, on-line, that an Asian LD/ VCD store in Melbourne used to stock a VCD of reasonably high-quality Storytelling (the Solondz film), with all of the notorious footage that's been cut out of all the commercial releases intact. Unfortunately, that store has since closed.
I've been advised to "keep an eye on the various Asian net dealers (the disc was either S.E Asian or HK in origin), but outside of, like, Poker Industries, I don't think I know any Asian net dealers... Can anybody help me out, here? Can you post some places that might carry this, know where to direct me, or, heck, if you own a copy, even hook me up directly?
Solondz is my favorite filmmaker (I've even made a small Solondz website) and I'd gladly name my first born after whoever could help me get a copy of this VCD. Heck, you could {i}have[/i] my first born. He's eight. E-mail me for a photo. ;)
No, but really... Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Roger Keightley
07-19-2002, 02:03 AM
According to the following review, the U.S. DVD includes the unrated version as well as the R-rated version.
http://www.dvdfile.com/software/review/dvd-video_5/storytelling.html

Hope this helps.

Werner Von Wallenrod
07-19-2002, 08:32 AM
Unfortunately the "unrated" version doesn't have any of the missing footage either... This particular (probably pirate) VCD seems to be the only way to see this footage.
Anybody have any ideas?

KillerCannabis
07-19-2002, 09:51 AM
I've never seen Storytelling, but I hear its a damn good movie. Is it comprable to Happiness? Now THAT was one fucked up movie. Is Storytelling out on R1 disc already?

DeepDownTraumaHound
07-19-2002, 06:01 PM
I have been looking for the "uncensored" version myself. If you come across it Wallenrod, let me know where you get it. or I'll buy a copy from you or whatever. Anyone know? This is serious shit here!:D
killercannabis :
STROYTELLING is awesome. A little less dark in tone that HAPPINESS, but still still pretty freakin' dark. and hillarious.

Werner Von Wallenrod
07-19-2002, 10:45 PM
Yeah, the R1 disc of Storytelling is out.

MaxRenn
07-21-2002, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by Werner Von Wallenrod

Solondz is my favorite filmmaker (I've even made a small Solondz website)

What's the URL?

Werner Von Wallenrod
07-21-2002, 09:33 AM
http://members.aol.com/fearandanxiety/

Enjoy!

Black_Mandarin
07-23-2002, 09:15 PM
Yeah, its too bad we will probably never see the third Storytelling segment (about a high school jock) that Solondz took out after test screenings had people upset by it (probably because the cruel/gay jock was James Van DerBeek and included a bit where he rapes a kid or something)... Also when it was first shown at Cannes, Storytelling was much, much longer, including a lot of stuff, Selma Blair sex scenes, more story, that he cut out to make it shorter, more comedic length (under an hour and a half instead of 2 hours). I wish someone would do a SE with a longer cut, but its unlikely since Solondz is such a fringe film maker.

Werner Von Wallenrod
07-23-2002, 11:21 PM
!! Dang it, someone must have this VCD somewhere on this planet!
:D