PDA

View Full Version : Jason X dvd unrated?

zombi3
07-20-2002, 10:53 PM
Maybe a mistake, but Amazon lists the JX dvd as unrated.

Andrew
07-21-2002, 01:32 AM
New Line would have mentioned it in their press release, don't ya think?

Plus, I trust DVD Empire (http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.asp?userid=82087044903384&item_id=443647) and DVD Planet (http://www.dvdplanet.com/product_listing.asp?productid=26349&format=DVD) over Amazon any day.

DVD Connoisseur
07-21-2002, 01:37 AM
... http://www.horrordvds.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6830&pagenumber=2

Looks like the R2 DVD is the only uncut version...:(

I'm waiting for somebody to do a comparison before I make a purchase but I've a feeling that the R1 version will be the better buy, all things considered.

zombi3
07-21-2002, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by AndrewBBD
New Line would have mentioned it in their press release, don't ya think?

Not necessarily. I think if they had mentioned it, people might see "unrated" and think that they're going to get a shitload of extra gore. Since the trims are apparently negligible, perhaps New Line didn't feel it was necessary to note it on the press release.

However, I don't doubt for a minute that Amazon screwed up here. I remember seeing that they had Jungle Holocaust and Cannibal Apocalypse down as being "R'! And did you see their price for the Jason X vhs? (over 100 beans!) So you're probably right.

TobalRox
07-21-2002, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by zombi3

And did you see their price for the Jason X vhs? (over 100 beans!) So you're probably right.

This has been discussed before.... Movies on VHS are priced for rental when they first come out, so they are very expensive so that only rental places would essentially be able to afford it. Later on, then it will be released as a consumer version. This isn't ALWAYS the case, but it is a lot of the time.

KillerCannabis
07-23-2002, 10:56 PM
According to Issac, the film didnt really have to make any cuts. The only scene they really made him cut was where the guy twisted down the screw. He said that they purposely made it over the top, with the guy spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning, so the MPAA made him remove a few frames to make it less gruesome. But thats really just about it. Anyone know of any other cuts that were made?

John
07-23-2002, 11:40 PM
Maybe it'll end up like the Swamp Thing DVD, where is is packaged as one rating and actually another. It certainly would be a welcome surprise.

I'll get Jason X to help complete the series on DVD, regardless of rating (unless they put out a 'G' rated version - that's where I draw the line). :D

Reverenddave
07-24-2002, 03:54 AM
According to IMDB:

International versions are uncut. However, the U.S. version was slightly trimmed of the following scenes to get an "R" rating instead of an "NC-17":

Dr. Wimmer's spearing death was slightly trimmed of bloodflow.

A scene featuring a space warrior getting skewered by a screw which spins around and around was slightly shortened.

A short scene was cut featuring a female cadet posing with an immobile Jason.

In the trailer, there is a shot of Jason's eye shooting open which is not featured in the U.S. print.

Some publicity stills include a scene in which Sergeant Brodski engages in a knife fight with Jason while in the Cargo Bay of the Grendel which is not included in the U.S. print.

In the trailer, when the survivors are knocked to the ground and Uber-Jason is first seen, Janessa says, "What the Hell is that?" as Uber-Jason emerges out of the smoke. That scene is not in the final print.

http://us.imdb.com/AlternateVersions?0211443

rxfiend
07-24-2002, 06:40 AM
only around 20 FRAMES were cut. this from the director (i believe).

i would imagine the dvd will be uncut (NL will probably use the same print for the already released dvds, which are uncut). i doubt they will advertise "UNCUT" version because if you're not looking for it, you won't notice it and it's almost identical to the theatrical cut. this isn't Jason Goes To Hell, which is very easy to tell the differences between the R and uncut versions.