PDA

View Full Version : Shiri

Paff
07-27-2002, 10:16 AM
Anyone else seen this Korean take on La Femme Nikita?

I watched this one tonight, and it's pretty damn good. Some of the jerky camera movements make it a little hard to follow, but there's some excellent gun battles.

Worth a look...

dlundh
07-27-2002, 12:24 PM
I really liked the ending - a zap for weepies. :)

51% action 49% love it promises and it delivers.

I still think JSA is a better movie but there's more action in Shiri.

KillerCannabis
07-27-2002, 05:59 PM
Is this out on R1? I'm big on Asian cinema right now, so anything that sounds remotely good to me I snatch up. Would it really be worth it for me to buy? Is it that good?

Jaffe
07-27-2002, 07:20 PM
Yes, it is out on Region 1. And it is very good. I bought it since I've been on an Asian kick lately, and I really enjoyed it. It reminds me of all the 90s action movies... except there is a cross of a love story mixed in.

The Region 1 disc has English Dubbing and/or subtitles. I advise you to watch it with the subtitles, because the dubbing is AWFUL! It also has a music video and a documentary "The Making of Shiri".

Jaffe

aoiookami
07-27-2002, 09:54 PM
just bought this movie a few weeks ago and loved it. amazing production values for a korean movie. some great actions scenes, and nice plot twists! I agree I think most of the action scenes would have been nicer with a steady camera, but its still great.

the dvd is very, very nice too, 3 languages, trailers, and a really nice 'making of' featurette that runs almost an hour long, and actually has some great behind the scenes footage, actors practising and training, and how scenes were created. SO much nicer than the usual 'actor talking as actual movie footage plays in background' crap.

Snoffy
08-05-2002, 04:01 PM
Top film but Also a film that promises sickening violence and gives you a decent thriller instead.
Not complaining loved it.
Hmm In fact I may go and watch it again now.:cool: