PDA

View Full Version : Sleepaway Camp Online Streaming!!

dvdfan
07-30-2002, 07:08 PM
Check it out:

http://www.on2.com/sleepaway/

John
07-31-2002, 04:44 AM
I deleted the other post so we'd all end up in the same place.

It's cool to find this online, but I wish there would be harder to find movies online. Or things that aren't on DVD. That would be a link worth clicking!

Agent Z
07-31-2002, 08:09 AM
Hey dvdfan, did you happen to get the movie to play? I remember trying a month ago and I could get the opening music, but the picture kept freezing and blacking out! I'm on a pentium 4 with cable modem and I tried their trouble-shooting guide, but had no luck. Now, I already have 2 VHS copies of SLEEPAWAY CAMP and the dvd, but I guess I'm just a freak completist about these things! :D

BTW, there was a mention on sleepawaycampfilms.com from several fans who did see the online version and reported that it was the cut print used by Anchor Bay for their dvd release. So take care of your old Media VHS copy if you still have it!

dvdfan
07-31-2002, 04:24 PM
I did get it to play. The 700k version is very close to DVD quality. If your having problems getting it to play, try linking directly to stream after you have installed the codec. Here is the link: http://www.on2.com/sleepaway/sleepaway_main_768.php3 And yes, it is the cut version, same as the Anchor Bay DVD. But hey, it's free. The website also has another film streaming, it's under their new new V5 codec, but is not horror related.

Cydeous
08-01-2002, 12:15 PM
I didn't particularly like <B>Sleepaway Camp</B> when I saw it in the '80's but the release of the box set made me curious so I watched the streamed version. I have to say that I did enjoy it... I mean, it wasn't great but the ending was creepy and it lingers on after the movie is over.

I haven't seen the sequels. Are they good? Which is the best of the three?

KillerCannabis
08-06-2002, 09:19 PM
I loved the first SC. Very creepy ending and the entire film had that cheesy 80's feel that I love. My favorite of the sequels has to be the third one. Isnt that the one with the death in the shitter?

rhett
08-07-2002, 12:24 AM
The sequel with the shitter is Part 2, and it is in my opinion much better than Part 3. Still though, neither film even compares to the original.