PDA

View Full Version : 4 Those Who Have the F13 Paramount Movies...(Question)

Peter Vincent
08-02-2002, 07:39 PM
* 4give me if this was done b4, but I didn't see a thread like this prior.

This is directed more toward owners of nearly ALL the "barebone" Friday the 13th films by Paramount...

If Paramount decides to pull a "Star Trek" & decide to "slowly, but surely" start coming out with 2-disc collector's editions of each F13 all the way to part 8...would ya buy 'em again?

I'll be the 1st to admit that the reason I didn't/will not buy Parts 2-8 NOW is because of this very reason...I just feel in my vampire hunting bones that Paramount is gonna do this perhaps a year after parts 7 and 8 are released! I have part 1 because I got it as a free DVD (when Paramount was doing that "buy 7 DVDs, get 2 free" thang)

As for JGTH and Jason X, I'm grabbing those ASATCO (as soon as they come out).

What about youse guyz?

DefJeff
08-02-2002, 08:40 PM
i acutally owned parts 3 and 6, but i recently traded them both away, because i think they will release these discs uncut also.
im a huge fan of part 3, so this was pretty hard for me to do, but im taking my chances.

i also really wanted to pick up part 8 when it comes out, but i will wait that one out also, because i hate to have to buy things twice.

as for Jason X, i will definitally be getting that when it comes out, im not sure about Jason Goes To Hell tho.

kiddvideo
08-02-2002, 08:48 PM
I Have all the bare bones Friday the 13th discs, and if they are re-released I won`t be buyin them ! I am used to the cut edtions and I can`t imagine what they could put on the discs to make me plunk out they money again, especially for the prices we have to pay in Canada for Paramount discs. I have already seen the cut scenes in some for or another, and they really won`t be able to improve the picture that much, so why encourage them.

ekent
08-02-2002, 08:56 PM
I might buy them.
I will not trade any away until I see solid proof that they are going to be made. I can't live w/o 1,2,4 and 6. Did they come out w/ 7 yet? I am thinking no but if they do then I will probably hold off on that one if it is indeed bare bones. I signed a petition a while back to have 7 released uncut but I don't know if it did any good.
I wouldn't buy the new ones unless I was able trade off the old ones.

DVD Connoisseur
08-02-2002, 10:05 PM
I refuse to buy the Paramount DVDs until they release these movies uncut. I've been caught out too many times by "double dippers" on various formats and I've learned my lesson.

Having said that, I completely understand those that have taken the plunge. It's all a matter of how much you love the movies. In the cut form, the Friday the 13th films just aren't a "must have" collection for me....

Beastus
08-02-2002, 10:31 PM
I have parts 1-6, and I have pre-ordered part 7 & 8, and Jason Goes To Hell & Jason X.

If Paramount re-releases the DVD's, I know I will buy them over again. I won't get rid of the first DVD's even. ;)

Andrew
08-02-2002, 10:39 PM
I only have the original on disc, and I need (want) 4 and 6, but other than that, I can wait. I'll probably get the New Line discs though, seeing as how they'll be cheap and I don't see the movies getting revisited. The FRIDAY flicks were my introduction to horror, but there's plenty of better things to waste my money on ;).

Shannafey
08-02-2002, 11:30 PM
I don't buy an disc that I want if I am aware of an uncut version out there. Unless I want the film more than anything in the world at that moment, I will hold out until they release what I want. I haven't bought the Friday or Star Trek films for that reason, but obviously I can start buying the Star Trek films, as they started the influx of SEs. Hopefully the Fridays will come soon enough.

John
08-02-2002, 11:54 PM
I would certainly buy the forst two. As for the rest, it would depend on what they added to the discs. Uncut would be great, but more suppliments could twist my arm enough to repurchase the films again.

AceRimRat
08-03-2002, 12:32 AM
I would, but I'm a big fan of most of the series (I have 1, 2, 4 and 5, with 7 planned as a buy). But I knew there was a risk going in, but I figured I'd watch them enough in the meantime to make it worthwhile.

Curt Duncan
08-03-2002, 12:47 PM
I have them all and will only replace them if they have uncut material, remastered picture and sound and other bonus material.
Will not get part 8 & 9 because they just plain sucked!!!!!!

KillerCannabis
08-03-2002, 09:53 PM
I have all the F13th movies available and I'm also getting parts 7-10 when they all hit. And if Paramount did pull a Star Trek with these flicks, I'd get all of them. F13th is my favorite series in horror, so I'd pick up new SE's in a second. I just hope they actually do them.

rhett
08-04-2002, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by AceRimRat
I would, but I'm a big fan of most of the series (I have 1, 2, 4 and 5, with 7 planned as a buy). But I knew there was a risk going in, but I figured I'd watch them enough in the meantime to make it worthwhile.
Ace summed up my opinions as well. I do own all of the discs though, and will buy them all again if given at the very least, some new supplements. A few seconds of gore is not going to make or break the movie for me (like the fuss over Part 1), but alterations to Part 7, 2, and 4 are substantial enough that I would double dip without question if the discs are only released uncut.

SteveG
08-07-2002, 09:12 PM
I personally have held off from buying any of the discs. There is still too much speculation, but with enough conviction that Paramount will re-release these as special editions, ala Star Trek. It has been difficult, because I enjoy the series very much, but I'd can't bear to buy twice, I've done that enough with other films. Patience is key..