PDA

View Full Version : "The Bride With White Hair"/"The Bride With White Hair 2"

dvdasia62
08-14-2002, 03:38 AM
Up until last night, I had not seen either of these films though they have been much talked about. I still haven't seen "The Bride With White Hair" but last evening I was lucky to catch "The Bride With White Hair 2" on the Encore Action Channel and I have to tell you, I just fell madly in love with the film. It's such a marvellous fairy tale/fantasy filled with beautiful photgraphy, unique camera techniques, beautiful music, great characters and a touch of the supernatural. Well, now I just have to see the first movie!

To that end, I hopped over to my buddies at HKFlix and ordered both "The Bride With White Hair" and "The Bride With White Hair 2". Both DVD's and priority mail shipping for under $27. Not a bad deal. So, what are your thoughts on these two films? :)

Werner Von Wallenrod
08-14-2002, 11:37 AM
Part 1's better.

Trout
08-14-2002, 01:37 PM
Yeah part 1 is better, but part 2 seemed to be a bit more action orientated.

LJMurder
08-14-2002, 04:37 PM
bride with white hair is awesome. probably one of brigette lin's best movies. everyone should see this.

pappy
08-15-2002, 02:10 AM
What can I say that hasn't been said. The first one remains a true classic worthy of all the hype it recieves if you likes the second you will love the first one

KillerCannabis
08-15-2002, 11:37 PM
I think I'll have to get the first one on disc also. I'm huge on Asian cinema right now and I especially want to see BWWH since Ronny Yu is helming Freddy v. Jason. I want to see the man's style of filming to get an idea of what I have to look forward to.

dvdasia62
08-20-2002, 01:04 AM
Received both "TBWWH" and "TBWWH 2" today from HKFlix. Gonna try and give them both a spin over the weekend and see what's up! :)

LJMurder
08-20-2002, 07:21 AM
you are in for a treat. how could a movie with swordplay, evil siamese twins, magic and a bizarre cult be bad? It couldn't possibly be

Paff
08-20-2002, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by KillerCannabis
Ronny Yu is helming Freddy v. Jason. I want to see the man's style of filming to get an idea of what I have to look forward to.

He also directed Bride of Chucky, for whatever that's worth...

LJMurder
08-21-2002, 05:23 PM
it's funny that they got ronny yu to direct it. they had asked Ryuhei Kitamura of versus fame to direct initially but I think he was too busy.

dvdasia62
08-23-2002, 05:44 PM
Well, I just watched "The Bride With White Hair" this morning and I am totally mesmerized! The film is such an enthralling and beautiful fantasy that it completely takes you away and you get lost in it. Just a gorgeous film and one that anybody with the slightest interest in Asian cinema should check out. Now, I'm off to watch Part 2. :)

dvdasia62
08-23-2002, 11:05 PM
I just finished watching "BWWH", Part 2 and I have to say, I love it almost as much as the original, though I'll give Part 1 a slight nod. I think both film are magnificent fantasy films and when you watch them back to back, it really heightens the experience, at least for me.

onebyone
01-04-2004, 06:12 AM
I watched part one last night and oh my god, it was so fucking beautiful, just a real treat for the eyes. I was completely spellbound and that doesn't happen often. I am so glad I listened to a recommendation and got this. I just wish I had gotten part 2, as I hate that I don't have it already. I want more NOW damn it. When Asian cinema is good, it is hard to beat.

mcchrist
01-04-2004, 07:27 AM
He also directed Bride of Chucky, for whatever that's worth...

Not to mention Warriors of Virtue :p

Andrew
01-04-2004, 07:48 AM
Man they had this at a local CD/DVD Exchange place but I decided against picking it up. I'm gonna have to go back and keep my fingers crossed that it's still there.