PDA

View Full Version : Deranged/Motel Hell DVD

dolemite
08-15-2002, 03:19 AM
From **REMOVED BY ADMIN** :

"Sorry to be the one to break this but we just took a look at MGM's upcoming DERANGED, which will be released on 8/27 along with MOTEL HELL. The good news is that it looks terrific. The bad news is that the print is CUT. The DVD is defiantly missing the scene where a brain is scooped out with a spoon. Apparently MGM has released the cut A.I.P. version of the film as it has the logo before the credits. "

I was waiting for this just for Motel Hell but releasing anything cut blows donkey.

betterdan
08-15-2002, 03:49 AM
Son of a.... That sucks.

Wez4555
08-15-2002, 04:04 AM
if i where you id take the website name out of there..its going to get edited..anyway that does suck but im buying it for motel hell so i guess ill live.

The Chaostar
08-15-2002, 02:06 PM
Is there a problem with the site that was edited from dolemite's post? Didn't knew anything about that.

dolemite
08-15-2002, 03:53 PM
Yeah, are there certain sites we shouldn't name? I just wanted to give credit where credit is due for the quote. Don't want to be a Joe Biden.

Wez4555
08-15-2002, 06:58 PM
dont worry dolemite...its not like your going to get banned or anything. it happened to me before and ive seen it happen to a few others. so i just dont say that site anymore. and as i can tell thats the only one you cant say.

DefJeff
08-15-2002, 07:44 PM
damn i would think MGM would know better then to release something cut in this day and age

especially something i was so anticipating, like Deranged (i never seen it before!)

betterdan
08-15-2002, 11:27 PM
I saw Deranged at the drive in a looong time ago and from what I remember it was pretty gruesome but then again it was a long time ago. I saw it a few years ago on vhs and I guess it was the cut version because it was pretty tame. I hope the dvd is not this same version I saw on vhs.

KillerCannabis
08-15-2002, 11:35 PM
I'm still buying this. Motel Hell is one of my favorites from the 80's and I've never seen Deranged. I dont like the idea of a double-feature so much since I'd rather have 2 separate releases. I'm just glad to see both of these getting actual releases on disc.

Max Yokell
08-16-2002, 12:26 AM
It takes all kinds of critters. :D

Max

SaviniFan
08-16-2002, 04:37 AM
It takes all kinds cof critters.

....to make farmer Vincent's fritters.

I couldn't resist....I had to finish that quote. :D

mcchrist
08-19-2002, 01:49 AM
Deranged is one of my all time favorites, to hear that its being cut!

???

What?

MGM is nearing my shit list, the scene in question where a brain is scooped out with a spoon (and an eyeball) is creepy as all hell (early Tom Savini work if I remember correctly)

I will not be buying this DVD if the above is true... Over a year of waiting for horse-shit.

Max Yokell
08-19-2002, 02:06 AM
MC,
There is still Motel Hell on the other side and it is only $9 or so.

Max

betterdan
08-19-2002, 02:29 AM
This pisses me off too but I will still most definately get it. Does anyone know if this disc will have their trailers on it? Also will the movies be on opposite sides of the dvd?

mcchrist
08-19-2002, 06:40 PM
MC,
There is still Motel Hell on the other side and it is only $9 or so.

Max, I understand, but...

Fuck Motel Hell! I can do without. I won't waste even $9 for this. never did like that film that much anyway... Deranged on the other hand is one of my all time favorites and I'm not going to stand for it!

MGM can burn in hell!

SteveG
08-21-2002, 04:41 PM
Betterdan,

I picked up this disc last night, simple for deranged. To quickly answer your questions, Yes trailers for both movies are there, and yes they are on opposite sides of the disc.

Peace

betterdan
08-21-2002, 05:04 PM
Cool thanks. I went to Best Buy last night and still didn't see any MGM 8/27 releases. :(

Max Yokell
08-21-2002, 05:24 PM
I saw several of the MGM double feature DVDs yesterday in the local best buy and now I am kicking myself for ordering them online. I almost grabbed Derranged/Motel Hell yesterday but decided I have a big enough un-watched stack to be calm and wait. :)

SteveG
08-21-2002, 09:11 PM
Your probably better off Max, I'm sure you saved yourself some cash. I paid top price $14.99 for Last House, Deranged/MH and $19.99 for the Fog. Impatience is an expensive compulsion.
Got to have it and got to have it now.

Max Yokell
08-21-2002, 10:56 PM
Actually I paid $9.37 online for them and they were $9,99 in Best Buy.

Not worth beatming myself up over for sure.

Max

DefJeff
08-21-2002, 11:33 PM
no doubt, i paid 14.99 for Deranged/Motel Hell too

oh well, hopefully i will get the others for cheap

betterdan
08-22-2002, 04:57 AM
Shit I will pay 14.99 easy if I could just find em. How is the video and audio transfer on the Motel Hell/Deranged disc?

Wez4555
08-22-2002, 06:19 AM
i can say that the double features are at best buy....well exept teen wolf. no last house or ROTLD tho. i have a feeling those may be in the sunday ad next week...but who knows. i mean why wouldnt the others be out to? they ship the same time. so if they are..expect many copies.

DefJeff
08-22-2002, 07:35 AM
hahaha, who woulda thought... something like Last House on the Left being in a Sunday AD

i bet David Hess is proud

betterdan
08-22-2002, 03:37 PM
hehe Last House in a Sunday ad. My how the times have changed:p

Wez4555
08-22-2002, 08:24 PM
haha yeah that would be funny. thats not a fact tho..just my own idea. they had the book of the dead in the sunday ad..so who knows.

Andrew
08-23-2002, 01:57 AM
Can't wait for ROTLD. Just saw LHOTL so I guess I can wait, and THE FOG seems to get a little worse every time I see it. DERANGED/MOTEL HELL should be cool though so I'm gonna look at Best Buy. That's really all I want, but whatever. They're cheap.

And yeah I bet they're in the add, as MGM is a huge company, and if an AB disc can get in there then why the hell can't a major studio? But maybe it's not based on the companies...hell I dunno.

betterdan
08-23-2002, 05:14 AM
Woo hoo I finally found em at FYE in Va. Beach! I picked up Burial Ground, MST3K Eegah!, Attic/ Crawlspace, Teen Wolf/ Teen Wolf Too:p , What's the Matter With Helen/ Whoever Slew Auntie Roo?, Deranged/ Motel Hell, Last House on the Left, The Fog, The Oblong Box/ Scream and Scream Again. You won't believe what I forgot to look for... Return of the Living Dead AAARRGGGHH they probably had it too. Oh well I guess that's enough damage to the credit card for one night hehe. My girlfriend just looked at me like I was a retard for gettin all of em (especially teen wolf) but she didn't bitch, how cool is that? Also her son yesterday got me the Ash movie maniac large figure and a small Todd Mcfarlane werewolf figure. Damn my birthday is not even till February but it feels like my Birthday and Christmas all in one. It's gonna be a helluva good weekend watching all of these. My girlfriends son and I are gonna stay up all night either Friday or saturday and have a horror movie marathon. :D

Oh forgot to add I did end up spending 14.99 for all the mgm discs except for the fog which was 19.99 and Burial Ground was 19.99 as was MST3k Eegah. Life is rough being addicted to dvds ain't it?

DefJeff
08-23-2002, 07:41 AM
haha shit, if my mom had a boyfriend that wanted to have a horror marathon with me that included Burial Ground and Last House on the Left, id make her marry him asap

betterdan
08-23-2002, 08:02 PM
Well come on over DefJeff. The more the merrier.

betterdan
08-24-2002, 12:16 PM
We just got through watching Deranged then Kung Pow then MST3K Eegah! and finally Last House on the Left. We were getting tired so we called it a night, will watch the rest of the mgm double features tonight. My girlfriend's son really jumped when the wife bit off weasel's schlong in Last House. He doesn't think most of my movies are scary and laughs at quite a few but I think Last House kinda got to him except for the damn cop scenes. I wish they woulda left those scenes out I always hated them they ruin the horror of the movie. Also the ending music really kinda sucks too they shoulda just had it end with silence or at least some scary music. Oh well it still is kinda shocking after all this time even with those few bad parts but just think how even scarier it would be with those parts fixed.

Max Yokell
08-24-2002, 06:04 PM
So did you think Kung Pow was as bad as I thought it was?

betterdan
08-24-2002, 10:38 PM
I liked Kung Pow, thought it was hilarious.

Max Yokell
08-25-2002, 01:20 AM
I found some scenes were very funny but there long long spots between laughs and that 83 min movie seemed like 3 hours.

And I am a Hong Kong fan too.

Max

betterdan
08-25-2002, 03:10 AM
Yea some parts were a little slow but can't beat that cow kickin ass matrix style and what about good old Betty?

rhett
10-22-2002, 09:15 AM
I just caught MOTEL HELL on the Scream channel tonight, and I must say, the movie is awesome! I had seen bits and pieces as a kid, but never the whole movie. I wouldn't really call it a horror though, more like a VERY black comedy. Nina Axelrod was really hot in the movie, it is a shame she never really did anything else of notice. :(

McBride_01
10-22-2002, 09:41 AM
I hated Kung Pow! Awful AWFUL movie! :fire:

willywalken
10-29-2002, 08:55 PM
:cry: motel hell is a allright movie. if joe bob briggs likes it, then there has got to be something there, right?

willywalken
11-01-2002, 01:01 AM
:fire: