PDA

View Full Version : Freddy v. Jason.... minus Jason?

KillerCannabis
08-16-2002, 10:51 AM
According to article posted at Creature Corner, Kane Hodder may not return as ol' hockey face. It seems NL has begun auditioning people for the role and Hodder is none too happy. It looks as though they're currently eyeing Brad Loree, best (worst) known as The Shape in this years pathetic Halloween: Resurrection. I sure hope Hodder gets his mask back. It wont be the same without him. Well, maybe it would. But the man is Jason as far as I go.

John
08-16-2002, 12:44 PM
This is a drag. When I think of Jason, Kane Hodder is the first person who comes to mind. I see FvJ as somewhat of a thank you and goodbye to the fans. It gives us one last look at some great horror icons. It just wouldn't be right not having Hodder in the mix. Next thing I'm gonna hear is that Freddie Prinze Jr. has been cast as Jason. :(

ekent
08-16-2002, 05:27 PM
A goodbye? Yeah right! If this movie makes one dime of profit then both of these series will continue. It's all about the profit and hasn't been about the quality since before the 1990's. I do love the F13th series still but the Elm street series needs to wrap it up quickly. I can always go to see Jason hack up a few more idiots but I am so very tired of Freddy cracking unhumorous jokes before doing a crap kill scene.

I can live w/o Hodder too. I mean come on people, there were like 5 Jasons before Hodder. After all he is just a speachless hulk in a mask right? Who cares who plays Jason.

Wez4555
08-16-2002, 06:17 PM
no kane? damn..lets start a pedition!:p seriously tho..hodder is the best jason ever. and i request that this time that we never see jason's eyes. its more creepy that way.

Suicide
08-16-2002, 06:24 PM
Damn! I just posted this over in the General Forum. Sorry forgot to check here first. Either way, I geuss the people who don't venture to this part of the forum will see it. Mine has more crappy news about casting and a mini rant though. Not sure if that's good or bad.

Mr_Man
08-20-2002, 02:16 AM
I know it would creep me out to see Jason start crying. :D

betterdan
08-20-2002, 03:10 AM
But it might be cool to see him get horny and start humping freddies legs while freddie exclaims "what a rushhhh":D

Wez4555
08-20-2002, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by betterdan
But it might be cool to see him get horny and start humping freddies legs while freddie exclaims "what a rushhhh":D :rolleyes: :D

WesReviews
08-21-2002, 11:07 AM
Guys, relax.

Wolf, over at the official Friday the 13th message board, got in touch with Stokley Chaffin, one of the Executives on Freddy vs Jason, and it looks like this film is exactly what we all want it to be. Check it out here or just read below...

http://www.fridaythe13thforum.com/s...&threadid=16809

"I sent Stokely an email about the current situation.

To my surprise, she emailed me back and wanted my phone number.

Tonight, she called me, and we had a 25 minute phone converstation.

I can't tell you guys everything of course. I know some spoiler stuff, but I will definitely leave that out.

When I emailed her, I told her how important the character is to us. It seems New Line is always looking for a gimmick for Jason...whether its Manhattan, hellbabies, or space. Now, he's "sad and pathetic."

This is all setup stuff. It doesn't describe any scenes.

First, she didn't say Sad and Pathetic. Stokely doesn't feel that Jason is sad and pathetic. She describes him as one of the kids who ends up shooting the kids at school because he was picked on. You don't feel sorry for the kids who did the shooting...they are evil...but you at least see there was something that set them off.

Jason size.....he's not going to be a hulk. He might be taller than Kane, but he won't be as thick. Is Kane Jason? It doesn't look like it. Stokely asked my impressions of a certain actor who plays another killer. I told her that fans wouldn't like it...especially since this other guy is playing a very popular killer.

For those that want Jason to return to his 1-4 roots, you will be happy. The production team wants him to be scary again. He'll still be a super strong killer, but expect some tussles with victims instead of........victim+Jason=scene over, victim dead.

About Jason's sensitive side. There is no justification for what Jason does...he is evil. But there is a reason for it, and FVJ will remind you of why.

Freddy is the more dark Freddy in the earlier films. The humor is on par with those movies.

Some of you are going to be disappointed about Kane. The ONLY reason Kane is not in FVJ is because of his size (not height...not money). They do want to get away from Jason being a tank.

Shannon and Swift's script was very solid. Goyer is finished with his revisions, and she feels that the script has everything she wants. Goyer was not brought in because the script was weak. Goyer is just more experienced, and they wanted some things added.

We discussed a NUMBER of issues. She just wanted my opinion.....a fan's opinion.

I told her many would be angry with any changes with the character. But she said she's not changing...she's restoring who Jason really is. Instead of a mindless machine...he's a killer who is bent on revenge. He has a past.
And Jason can appear different....after all, he's been in hell for many years.

She cared about what I had to say. It really is shocking that she called. She was extremely nice!

I don't know everything, but feel free to ask me questions."

John
08-21-2002, 12:38 PM
Sounds cool. Jason has gotten away from his bad ass image and turned into a walking joke to many fans. It will be nice to see him step up and scare some people. On a similar note, one thing that I did like about Halloween: Resurrection was that Myers was killing people with a little more attitude. It changed his image a bit and made him a bit more harsh. Maybe Jason can do the same.

zombi3
08-22-2002, 08:39 AM
Maybe we'll see Kane again in Halloween 9. :rolleyes: