PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Blue (live action version)


2D4EVER
08-19-2002, 06:51 PM
I love the anime version of it and last night I went to kfccinema.com and I saw there's a live action version coming out. There's an official web page and trailer. It's coming to theaters in Japan August 24th. I don't know if this is old news or not (probably) but I think it is cool. Since I have no plans to visit Japan anytime soon I hope this gets a fairly quick dvd release.

Later all...

Max Yokell
08-19-2002, 07:27 PM
I got Blue Girl live and all I can say is it sucked bigtime.

I wouldn't chance it again.

Max

Paff
08-20-2002, 12:49 AM
Well, Perfect Blue would probably be the best Anime-to-live-action out there. But they'd still lose something with the "imaginary Mima" thing. One thing I liked about PB is that even after Mima finds out that her manager is the killer, she still sees the fantasy Mima bouncing around like a fairy, indicating that Mima is still not completely sane

I don't know how well that would translate to live action

2D4EVER
08-20-2002, 01:08 AM
Well...that could be tricky. They might do that scene a different way. Or they could use wires.:D Did you guys check out the trailer? Go to kfccinema.com and click on News (you have to scroll down a bit). I, for one, am looking forward to it and I hope it turns out well. It has to be better than the live action version of Wicked City.:)

Later all...

Shannafey
08-20-2002, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by Max Yokell
I got Blue Girl live and all I can say is it sucked bigtime.

I wouldn't chance it again.

Max

Does Blue Girl Live have anything to do with Perfect Blue? I really loved Perfect Blue and I am not a big anime fan at all.

2D4EVER
08-20-2002, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by Shannafey


Does Blue Girl Live have anything to do with Perfect Blue? I really loved Perfect Blue and I am not a big anime fan at all.

No. It has no connection to Perfect Blue (thank god). There are a few anime series and movies that most everyone I know like (even the ones who supposedly don't like anime) and those are Perfect Blue, Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, and Photon.:)

Later all...

Shannafey
08-20-2002, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by 2D4EVER


No. It has no connection to Perfect Blue (thank god). There are a few anime series and movies that most everyone I know like (even the ones who supposedly don't like anime) and those are Perfect Blue, Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, and Photon.:)

Later all...

I will have to find Photon, since you hit the other 2 dead on. I also like the first Vampire Hunter and Golgo 13, and lately, since I have gotten Showtime Beyond on my cable, I have been getting into Dirty Pair.

DVD Connoisseur
08-20-2002, 04:28 PM
On a similar topic, is a live action version of Akira still in the works?

aoiookami
08-20-2002, 09:34 PM
yep, unfortuneately live action akira and DBZ are still in the works. I dont mind remakes, infact I quite like them, I would kill for an anime remake of akira... but some things in anime you just cant translate into live action effectively without corny effects or whatnot. I'm not looking forward to those