PDA

View Full Version : My Sleepaway Camp Complaint *Spoiler*

hojimoji
08-22-2002, 04:12 AM
Basically this whole post is a spolier, so be warned I won't be using the spoiler tag.

Why for the love of god did Anchor Bay say this on the back of the Sleepaway Camp box set:

"In Sleepaway Camp II: Unhappy Campers, everyone's favorite transsexual psychopath is all grown up..."

The whole reason the first movie is at all effective is because this is a secret. I can't believe that they mention it right on the packaging. It didn't ruin anything for me, but I would have been pretty pissed if it had.

Sorry if I missed a thread where this was already discussed, but I think this needs some attention

G.

Agent Z
08-22-2002, 04:48 AM
This is a great point hojimoji, and I was at a loss when I noticed this spoiler of all spoilers on the packaging and in the advertisements for the SLEEPAWAY CAMP boxset. I just couldn't figure out what would possess AB to do this. Perhaps AB was giving a nod and a wink to the cult crowd, who know the film inside and out, but was it worth it to risk spoiling the original for those new to SLEEPAWAY CAMP? In addition, there are spoilers in the booklet contained within the boxset, along with a spoiler included in the opening moments of the commentary track for the original.

KillerCannabis
08-26-2002, 11:06 AM
Thats pretty lame. I remember MGM did this on their original release of Usual Suspects by giving awat who Soze was. Morons.

rhett
08-29-2002, 09:28 AM
Not knowing the ending will make or break a new viewer's admiration for Sleepaway Camp, so I can't see why AB would give it away like that. When you think about it though, it is tough to give a description of Parts 2 & 3 without mentioning Angela...

rxfiend
08-29-2002, 02:54 PM
oh that definately pissed me off when i got the boxset. I never seen the films before and heard of the original's "shocking ending." well after reading the box, the ending wasn't too much of a shock, if any... :(