PDA

View Full Version : Keepin the thread alive

bigdaddyhorse
08-24-2002, 04:00 AM
9 days and no posts.
What happened, nothing new in the field of laserdiscs?:cool:
I watched Leatherface with commentary the other day, then popped in The Howling w/comm. for an encore.
I just got The Fog dvd. I'm sure this will blow the laserdisc away in everyway, so one of my special lasers just died. At least I didn't have to wait the last 2 years to hear the commentary and see it widescreen, but I paid like $30 for the laser way back when, and just got the dvd for under $10. Just feels weird, think I'll tilt a few for it tonight.
Sorry I'm just ranting,
Peace out.

John
08-24-2002, 07:44 AM
Though it will be virtually useless in the future, there is still The Howling SE laser. After that one, only The Brood will be left.

jscott
08-24-2002, 05:34 PM
Thanks for keeping the forum alive John. My most recent acquisitions were Creepshow, Trainspotting (Criterion Collection), and the Japanese version of The Evil Dead. Last week I did get the Criterion edition of Silence of the Lambs (for the commentary track), but I'm still waiting for it to arrive.
Still looking for Two Evil Eyes, and The Omega Man. I don't know what I'm gonna do with my LD of The Fog when the DVD comes out. I'll probably keep it, to go with my other Carpenter LD's.

bigdaddyhorse
08-25-2002, 12:31 AM
I'm holding on to my Howling as I've heard that not everything might make the trip to dvd.
I found the bright spot about being stuck with the Fog LD, the isolated score isn't on the dvd!
Too bad I've never listened to any isolated score, but who knows, it may come it handy someday.

John
08-25-2002, 05:04 PM
Ahh, that Trainspotting Criterion disc is excellent. I wish that someone would give that movie the attention it deserves on DVD.

wago70
08-26-2002, 08:31 PM
I just watched the Dawn of the Dead laserdisc from Elite and I think it is sharper and more colorful than any of the Anchor Bay versions currently out there.
I did a side by side comparison; LD vs DVD and the DVD of the theatrical release is heavy on the brown tones.