PDA

View Full Version : new Guinea Pig DVD

DefJeff
08-24-2002, 06:57 AM
anyone know if this is still slated for release on Tuesday?

seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle with Last House on the Left, Return of the Living Dead etc coming out but i am excited to pick this up

i believe its Mermaid in a Manhole/He Never Dies doubel feature!

cool, next one up should be the long awaited (for me) Flowers of Flesh and Blood!!!!!!!!!! woo hoooo

DVD Connoisseur
08-25-2002, 01:34 AM
Yep, the next DVD is indeed Mermaid In A Manhole / He Never Dies.

These are the details for this disc:

Split Motion Menu
Motion Chapter Selections
History Slide Show, Picture Gallery
5 Lost Guinea Pig Trailers
Dolby Digital Stereo
All Region Disc, Removable Subtitles
Unrated Uncut Edition
1.33.1 Format

I'll be posting a mini-review at some time in the future. (I must admit, this disc has kind of appeared from nowhere, as you say, DefJeff. There are just so many exciting DVDs hitting the shelves / on the horizon, my attention was elsewhere!)

Gnaghi
08-25-2002, 03:03 AM
it's being pressed at the moment... unless something unexpected happens it should ship on said date. and it is actually 4 real trailers and one homemade.

DefJeff
08-25-2002, 05:04 AM
thanx, ill post my thoughts once i get it!

DavidHess
09-06-2002, 08:10 AM
I just posted my review of the Mermaid../He Never Dies DVD at pulsing cinema.

http://www.pulsingcinema.com/reviews/gpunearthed2.html

http://www.pulsingcinema.com/reviews/images/gp2dvdcover2.JPG
(http://www.pulsingcinema.com/reviews/gpunearthed2.html)

DefJeff
09-06-2002, 08:21 AM
awesome review and site

ive been dyin to see this, but still havent ordered this dvd yet, but reading that review makes me want to even more

The Chaostar
09-06-2002, 08:37 PM
Good review David and to the point.

DVD Connoisseur
09-07-2002, 12:36 AM
Good work, David. Due to study commitments, I haven't had time to watch many movies recently so this DVD may be on my Christmas list at this rate!:(

Can't wait to add this to my collection, though.

McBride_01
09-15-2002, 09:44 AM
Just a quick note, you can get the first two Unearthed Guinea Pig releases (Devil's Experiment, Android & Mermaind, He Never Dies) at www.xploitedcinema.com for $44.95 if you get them both at the same time. Just thought some of you may like to know.

DefJeff
09-23-2002, 08:01 PM
i finally checked out the disc and watched Mermaid in a Manhole last night!

while not feature packed, the trailers and gallery were a nice addition. the history part is probly my favorite extra feature, which was a really nice read.

anyways, Mermaid in a Manhole was an awesome movie. i wasnt expecting much, because i totally hated Android of Notre Dame, but i was pleasently surprised. i acutally felt pretty bad about the mermaids condition.
the movies pretty gross as you may have heard but nothing too hardc0re because the FX look pretty fake.

well i will watch He Never Dies (which i am almost sure i wont like :) ) tonight and post some thoughts later.

DVD Connoisseur
09-23-2002, 09:23 PM
Can't wait to see these movies.

(Damn exams, grumble...grumble...)

DefJeff
09-24-2002, 09:26 PM
well i watched He Never Dies

it was alot better then i expected, but not as gory as i thought it would be. over all it was decent and the whole double feature is worth buying and watching

KillerCannabis
09-25-2002, 05:05 AM
I'll probably pass on both of these, unless I get in a rut and really need something to watch.