PDA

View Full Version : In the holiday spirit...

AceRimRat
12-02-2000, 03:45 AM
... I just thought I'd say thanks to Dave and Styx and the others on this Web site and forum for all the great news, reviews, opinions, debates, etc.

When I first found this site (and the old DVD Zombie site, plus That Which Shall Go Unnamed) I was new to DVD and pretty much your basic slasher fan, with an emphasis on the 80s stuff I grew up with.

Thanks to this site and forum I've discovered a whole different set of films (such as Argento). Anyway, having just ordered a couple of discs I never would have imagined ordering when I got my A110 back at Christmas 98, it just kind of put me in a good mood.

We're all horror fans here and I know we all appreciate the hard work that must go into this site and the interest it generates here on the forum, but I don't know that it's said enough.

I hate to think I'm speaking for most/all of the readers on the forum, so I'll just say it for me:

Thanks guys!

(And pardon the sappy note.)

jeffschmidt
12-02-2000, 06:11 AM
I second! Great reviews & info and the forum is second to none! Thanks admins!

------------------
"I like that satellite TV, Pa!" -Ellie May, Redneck Zombies

fishhead
12-02-2000, 03:42 PM
Me too! This is a great site and thanks to all for their hard work in maintaining it.

And a special thanks to Dave - you're responsible for making me go out and get (1) the Frighteners SE LD and (2) a laserdisc player to play it on. My bank account wasn't too happy, but I'm greatly enjoying the discs. http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/smile.gif

------------------
"I took a fish head out to see a movie/Didn't have to pay, to get it in!"

Dave
12-02-2000, 11:04 PM
Thanks guys! We appreciate it a lot! And I know everyone who works on the site has lots of fun, but it's lot of work too. I often have to try and explain to my wife why I spend so much time doing this, but of course she'll never understand.

"It's all about horror, DVD and love, honey".

http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/biggrin.gif

She's ended up seeing quite a bit of horror movies because of this site, but often I tend to watch them late at night if I think they're going to be a bit too gory for her.

Expect a lot more in 2001. With HammerFanatic and Jeremy helping with reviews, I'm busy cooking up some new surprises.

fishhead - Glad to hear you joined the world of LD. Don't get about The Howling, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Halloween, The Fog, etc, etc, etc.

------------------
David W. Anderson - dave@horrordvds.com
Webmaster - www.horrordvds.com (http://www.horrordvds.com)

DVD Connoisseur
12-03-2000, 07:34 PM
I'd just like to echo the previous comments - thanks for all the effort that goes into this site. I'm a regular visitor and there's always something new to catch the attention. The reviews are reliable and interesting to read and the news is always correct and informative. This forum is my personal favourite - I think it strikes the right balance, i.e. it's visited by horror lovers who want to dicuss the genre (rather than some forums where people will discuss layer changes forever and a day, etc.) Keep up the great work, guys.

The Chaostar
12-30-2000, 03:20 PM
This is late I know, but I was away for business and didn't got the chance to see this thread when it started (or maybe I missed it!).

Thanx for the site guys. It rules!

rhett
12-30-2000, 08:46 PM
Ditto to what everyone else said, this site is great, without a doubt the best on the net. I too was like Ace, having grown up with 80's slasher, but you've introduced me to several classics (Bava, Argento, etc.) that has really broadened my enjoyment of the horror genre. The reviews have to be the best on the net, I love the idea of accompanying screen caps with your thorough analysis of the DVD. We all realize the amount of work that goes into this site, and believe me it is well appreciated! http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/smile.gif

------------------
"i spent eight years trying to reach him, and then another seven trying to keep him locked up for i realized what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply...evil." - Dr. Loomis, Halloween