PDA

View Full Version : Volcano High...is this any good?

poorlogic
08-26-2002, 10:54 PM
I just purchased "Volcano High" and "Vistor Q" - anyone seen these films? I just wanted some info before they arrive!

Thanks!

2D4EVER
08-31-2002, 04:41 AM
I've heard good things about both but I haven't seen either yet. Volcano High is full of special effects goodness and Visitor Q is Miike weirdness. If you don't like either I'll take them off your hands.:D

Later all...

Joel Groce
08-31-2002, 08:24 AM
I loved "Visitor Q" - this is really edgy filmmaking. I really "got" it and at the end of the film my head was reeling from the images and cleverness of it all. Haven't seen the other one.

LJMurder
09-04-2002, 01:45 AM
visitor q is one of those movies that breaks all the taboos. it's something you should see but it's definitely not for everyone.

volcano high is awesome. it's like a live action dragon ball type thing. not so high on the plot but it has a great entertainment value.

Mr.Vengance
09-16-2002, 09:43 PM
Yeah, I'll back up the statement that the plot is somewhat lacking but the vibe and the look of the film more than makes up for it. It's got a really dreary look to everything. The characters are great and the situations that occur are worth getting the movie for. Highly recommended.

I've not seen Visitor Q yet and I kick myself in the ass for it on a daily basis. I love everything I've seen by miike yet and this is supposed to be one of his best. I should really get on the ball.

KillerCannabis
09-20-2002, 08:10 PM
Damn, maybe I need to get Q. Is there a R1 copy available, import or otherwise? I loved Audition and I want to see more by Miike, so this sounds like the next step. Volcano High sounds interesting too. I need to see both of these.