PDA

View Full Version : Got ROTLD today!

harbor
08-26-2002, 11:59 PM
FINALLY! Anyone else get theirs?

gunner
08-27-2002, 12:19 AM
Lucky Bastard! I'll be getting mine tomorrow. Tell me, does the cover really glow in the dark?

Shannafey
08-27-2002, 04:17 AM
So, this confirms that it was released. Best Buy doesn't have it in the Sunday flyer, and they sent me an email that it was backordered. SUCKS!!! I have been waiting for this. It was only $8.99 plus tax, and free shipping, I ordered it when I ordered The Fog, which was a steal at $9.99. In store, it's $14.99.

ScaryMovieFreak
08-27-2002, 04:39 AM
I got mine the other day. It does glow in the dark.

Wez4555
08-27-2002, 06:14 AM
best buy better have it tomarrow (tues). if they dont ::sticks up middle finger::. sigh...with just BB and suncoast..i belive i only have internet.

KillerCannabis
08-27-2002, 08:20 PM
It'll be in my bloody hands at 3:00 today........

Wez4555
08-28-2002, 12:40 AM
ok its tues and i nailed ROTLD and last house....shit im lucky. i went early and there was 2 copies of last house and i snatch one and someone else did in front of me, no more last house. they had 3 ROLTD and same thing happened with that and there was only one left. i went back a few hours later and that one was gone. see folks..it pays to go to best buy early!

Max Yokell
08-28-2002, 01:12 AM
Just finished watching ROTLD and the DVD is great. Nice picture.

Andrew
08-28-2002, 02:41 AM
Agreed, but there are several shots with horrible grain, like the one showing the smoke come out of the crematorium.

No fucking LAST HOUSE at all. I'm mad.

Dunwich
08-28-2002, 03:09 AM
I'll probably order it online cause the only place selling DVD around here is Wal-Mart and they don't give a fuck about horror movies :( They only carry big title that will sell well... thats the problem of living in a small town. so I'm really happy that online stores exist :)

bigdaddyhorse
08-28-2002, 03:42 AM
I will pretty much guarantee Wal-Mart won't touch ROTLD or LHOTL. I was shocked to see The Fog there last week. Fucking full-screen bastard do-gooder motherfuckers, DIE DIE DIE!:D

I feel better now!:)

STREET TRASH
08-28-2002, 06:01 AM
I got my Return DVD today (and The Fog and Last House), and I am slightly dissatisfied with it. Watching the assload of supplemental footage on Fog and Last House DVDs I can't help but feel Return was rushed and thrown together over night. Only Dan o'Bannon and William Stout have any input. Would've LOVED to see a FEW of the actors have their say in things, ya know? Also, deleted scenes/alternate ending/outtakes would've been nice, too. We have the TV spots and theatrical trailers which are cool (but a bit of a standard nowadays), the featurette "Designing the Dead" doesn't reveal a whole lot, and the commentary, while extremely informative, would've been loads more fun, if say, James Karen or Miguel A. Nunez were around to lend a helping hand. Dozens of great films out there equal to Return of the Living Dead are graced with outrageous amounts of bonus goods, but I can't help feel Return, as well as us fans, have been slightly cheated. Oh well, it was only $10.

Andrew
08-28-2002, 06:42 AM
If it sells well (it definitely is so far), we should see some kind of SE with extra shit (according to MGM - but they're pretty good on listening to the fans).

John
08-28-2002, 01:33 PM
I got LHOTL and The Fog from Best Buy. They didn't have ROTLD so I'll have to get it at Border's later this week. Hopefully, it will still be there.

KillerCannabis
08-29-2002, 09:09 PM
ROTLD is a sweet disc if you ask me. I'm happy to get any special features at all. And the glow-in-the-dark package only makes it that much cooler. I think this disc is selling pretty well, so hopefully we'll all see that director's cut sooner than we think.

bigdaddyhorse
08-30-2002, 07:30 AM
It sold out all over town here.
Granted stores only ordered 1-5 copies, but they were gone the first day. Good start towards that SE dirctors cut!:D
I'm gonna get for some people who might not love it around X-mas to bump it a little more.:cool:

Vdlman
08-31-2002, 02:56 AM
I got my ROTLD DVD at Best Buy today. I'm very pleased with it. I even wore my ROTLD T-shirt to the store when I bought it! Thank you MGM!:)

Suicide
08-31-2002, 04:22 AM
MGM put out some really good stuff this time. I've bought ROTLD, Masque of the Red Death, The Fog, LHOTL, Teen Wolf the first 3 days they were out and am buying Motel Hell when I find it. That's the majority of what they put out the 27th isn't it? No wait they have the Believers and Edge of Sanity and the like, I forgot about those.
Anyway I'm pleased with the ROTLD DVD myself. It wasn't loaded but the features were pretty entertaining and it looks and sounds pretty good. Made me remember how cool the song Love Under Will by the Jet Black Berries is. Too bad you can't find the song anywhere. I'm probaby a little biased on the disc though, it is my favorite movie and I'm happy to have it.
I went to Best Buy today, they finally got copies in. They had 4 that were on the very bottom shelf, so I looked around and made sure the coast was cear and grabbed the stack and moved it up a couple shelves in case someone accidentally passes it by. I need that Director's Cut SE, and I need it now.

Beastus
08-31-2002, 01:36 PM
Too bad ROTLD didn't have an insert. Just to be sure, was an insert missing in your copies too?

DefJeff
08-31-2002, 07:46 PM
yea mine didnt have an insert

i wish they did come with inserts also, i dont even care if its just a poster replica like AB provides with theirs

Dunwich
08-31-2002, 09:47 PM
I've just order ROTLD at amazon and I can't wait to watch it again :) should have it by the end of the week... This is one of my favorite zombie movies ;)

bigdaddyhorse
09-01-2002, 12:49 AM
Finally got around to watching this again last night. I had forgotten how fucking great this movie was, easily one of the top 3 zombie/living dead movies ever!
The little sound differences didn't bug me at all. Didn't really notice until watching the trailer and tv spots with the old sound, but it's all good.
Great job MGM! In a little over a year you've gone from my least favorite studio to one of the best.

Loced Out Demon
09-06-2002, 09:28 AM
Yea i just bought this Rotld dvd and watched it for my first time, i liked it, and ya its defenitly one of the top 3 zombie movies, along with the OG night of the living dead, I thought it was a good quality dvd for the right price.

McBride_01
09-15-2002, 05:57 AM
I can't complain about the lack of an insert really with such a great price. Great disc!

Shannafey
09-15-2002, 06:36 AM
Best Buy near me had about 5 copies the other day. I had ordered mine online. Finally put it in last night. I had too many others to watch. Why did all the best films come out at the same time? Pulp Fiction, ROTLD, Near Dark, etc., etc.

moogong
09-15-2002, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Shannafey
Best Buy near me had about 5 copies the other day. I had ordered mine online. Finally put it in last night. I had too many others to watch. Why did all the best films come out at the same time? Pulp Fiction, ROTLD, Near Dark, etc., etc.

I love it when a bunch of great dvds come out at the same time..it makes for a great weekend movie marathon.

Suicide
09-15-2002, 11:13 PM
My Best Buy has 5 copies of ROTLD now, on the very bottom shelf. I moved the stacked up a few shelves so maybe more people would see it, but someone moved it back to the bottom. Bastards! Also my Blockbuster had copies of ROTLD, LHOTL and the Fog sitting in a box of stuff that needed to be prepped so I took it upon myself to make sure they all found their places on the New Release wall. Trying to get it rented/ sold as much as possible I really want another DVD of ROTLD. Not that the one out now isn't good, but I want to see that director's cut.