PDA

View Full Version : Just got F13th 7 and 8......

KillerCannabis
08-29-2002, 02:37 PM
The Wherehouse across the street from me put both of these out early. Only $17.99 a piece thanks to my quick hands and a loose sale sticker. Both are good transfers, although there is no trailer and the cover art for part 7 sticks out like a sore thumb next to the other films in the series since the spine is like a fucking neon light. Paramount needs to get off the LSD and give us the original covers in a nice SE box set. Then all will be forgiven.

rxfiend
08-29-2002, 02:57 PM
are the films the same as the VHS releases? i know like in Part 1, one of the death scenes was extended on the dvd and on part 6, an alternate scene was used during one moment.

rhett
08-31-2002, 07:33 AM
Films before the mid-80's were tough to keep track of, that is why many films like Friday the 13th and Last House on the Left have different transfers. The Friday series became very popular, and storage methods became much more professional in the lat 80's and on, so I highly doubt that there would be any more mistakes made with these prints.

Loced Out Demon
09-06-2002, 08:40 AM
I wanted to buy the part 7 at first because its my one of my favs. But I'm gonna wait on a collectors edition, cause I wanna see the trailor, and i hope they use the original cover... I think everyone might have to wait for jason goes to hell to release on dvd before anything with the SE's happen. I think thats the only movie in the series they released uncut so far...

thanks to everyone at the forum here for keepin me updated.

bigdaddyhorse
09-07-2002, 02:51 AM
I'm starting to get hyped about the up-coming boxset, and holding off for it. Even if they don't do un-cut dvds of the movies, I'd love to see an extra disc full of trailers and cut gore!

valrla
09-07-2002, 06:17 AM
Is there officially going to be a box set?

rxfiend
09-08-2002, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by valrla

no, that's just what people are hoping for, however, i wouldn't hold my breath!

Mr_Man
09-09-2002, 01:24 AM
I hope they make a bonus disk.

I'I be scanning Ebay for it. :)

bigdaddyhorse
09-09-2002, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by valrla

Acctualy, I've heard from some pretty reliable posters on various dvd sites that a boxset like the Nightmare On Elm St. set is very possible. It is being strongly considered by Paramount, but still not for sure by any means. If it does happen it will be at least late 2003.

I'm hoping. and this hope makes it impossible to pay more than $10 for any Friday dvd right now.

McBride_01
09-15-2002, 05:00 AM
I'm one of those holding out hopefully for a box set of these. And, also hopefully, with a disc full of extras! :) Didn't the first Friday the 13th, although it had one extended death, also suffer cuts to the decapitation scene?

rhett
09-15-2002, 10:56 AM
I think the best way to predict what Paramount will do with out beloved franchise is to look at the Star Trek films. They were all released on bare-bones DVDs, and now Paramount is releasing 2 Directors Cuts a year for all of the films. I think that Paramount will probably go this route as well. I think after they've done all the director's cuts, they may put them all together for a discount box set, but this is looking WAYY too far ahead.

The only thing that has me wondering is that the Director's Cuts for the Star Trek films are all Rated...while the Friday films will most certainly be Unrated or NC-17, which would violate Paramount's ratings policy. Who knows what will happen, I just hope Paramount gives us some new DVDs with extras. Don't get me wrong though, I am still very happy with their Friday the 13th releases currently available.