PDA

View Full Version : The Prowler

harbor
09-04-2002, 10:44 PM
Anyone finding this in stores today? I only had a chance to check Sam Goody, but turned up empty.

KillerCannabis
09-05-2002, 05:27 AM
I havent looked yet, but this is the first BU title on my list to get.

SteveG
09-05-2002, 03:27 PM
I have been very unsuccessful finding any Blue Underground titles in stores. I work in NYC hit all major chains, plus a Best Buy in Jersey, nothing. Every place I went claims they just didn't order any, including Best Buy they are truely starting to blow. Most stores would gladly order it for $24.99. I said fuck you and ordered online from DVD Planet $17.99.

Max Yokell
09-05-2002, 03:32 PM
I said screw it and ordered all the Blue Underground stuff online yesterday. It shipped yesterday and I should have it tomorrow intime for the weekend, at worst Sat in time for something to watch after the Canes beat up on the Gators (In HD).

Max

Shannafey
09-05-2002, 03:57 PM
I don't want to change this post into a football post, but I just had to say, I guess I, too will be rooting for the Canes, though since Spurrier left, I might like Florida a little more. I, myself am a Seminole. Class of '91!!

ekent
09-05-2002, 05:43 PM
I think that the Gators are going to pull off a clutch upset, I am uncertain of what Miami is bringing to the table. I am a resident of Tallahassee and a die hard Nole.

Max Yokell
09-05-2002, 06:20 PM
Harbor,
Sorry for the thread fart. I will start another thread about College ball.

I am however really looking forward to seeing The Prowler this weekend and maybe if I get a chance, the Toolbox murders as well.

Will report back on them after viewing.

Guys look for a football thread in OT if you want to continue.

Max

DefJeff
09-09-2002, 08:19 PM
yea so i watched this today

awesome flick. makes me wanna see Friday the 13th Part 4 uncut a whole lot more.

great murders and the killer was cool in that getup too.

only thing is that to me at least, it was soo obvious who the killer was right from the beginning. not a biggie tho.

im not a huge slasher fan at all, but i still liked this alot and id recommend everyone to pick this up!

now i shall watch The Toolbox Murders later tonight............

Mark Relford
09-11-2002, 09:36 PM
Gotta agree with you, Def. It's a cool slasher with some juicy kills courtesy of Mr. Savini. The pitchfork in the shower kill rocked! It's a shame that Tierney was wasted in a very limited role.:( Oh, and the behind-the-scenes gore footage was a great extra. It makes me yearn for Scream Greats to be on DVD.:(

Wez4555
09-12-2002, 12:05 AM
as i said in another post, i didnt find this. i found toolbox murders at suncoast but not prowler or even shockwaves.

rhett
09-12-2002, 01:50 AM
A great slasher and a great DVD! The commentary is real fun, and you're right Mark, the gore footage is awesome. I think Paramount owns "Scream Greats" though, so I doubt we'll ever see it. :(

Mark Relford
09-12-2002, 06:33 AM
yea, it's wishful thinking...
I used to have the VHS, but my VCR had it for lunch.

McBride_01
09-15-2002, 04:47 AM
I have a dub of the prerecord of Scream Greats. I'd also like to see it on DVD. Prowler was a disc I was thinking of passing on, but that Tom Savini "home video" extra sounds really cool. I've seen a bootleg of Friday the 13th part 4 uncut and didn't really notice anything different besides and extra scene where Tommy uses a trick arm guillotine. Of course, being a bootleg who knows if it's truly "uncut". I'm sure MPAA took a knife to this one...

rhett
09-20-2002, 05:39 PM
Ouch! Peter M. Bracke from DVDfile gave The Prowler a scathing review over here:

http://192.217.197.208/software/review/dvd-video_5/prowler.html

Which I find quite humorous considering his love for the Friday the 13th films. But I guess he also dissed the Sleepaway Camp films as well. I think the beauty of The Prowler is that the theme is so dark...

Cydeous
09-20-2002, 06:30 PM
The best thing about <B>The Prowler</B> is exactly what the reviewer hated the most: it's dark, depressing atmosphere. That review reminded me of the reviews of <B>Maniac</B>. Go figure, movies about mass murder being dark! What is the world coming to?

Joel Groce
09-21-2002, 10:28 AM
This film delivers the goods plain and simple - plenty of onscreen kills courtesy of Mr. Savini - this guy knows not of what he speaks.

McBride_01
09-21-2002, 02:13 PM
Peter M. Bracke! What a chode! :p

Suicide
09-22-2002, 05:07 AM
I popped my copy that arrived in the mail today in today just to check something on it. I'm kinda mad that they put 3 of the kills on screen before the main menu popped up. I've never seen it, and I didn't want anything spoiled for me but I guess it's not that big of a deal. It always bugs me when they do that though.

McBride_01
09-23-2002, 01:10 PM
I can see why that would be annoying. At least it wasn't a giallo or something though. I've seen the film already, but thanks for the heads up. :)

AceRimRat
09-23-2002, 10:17 PM
This is a real favorite of mine, so I was disappointed in the DVD File review, I usually like their stuff.

I had to order online, though, because I couldn't find the BU discs anywhere in my area. I tried about nine stores.

arcaneimagery
09-28-2002, 06:37 AM
So far I have bought both the "Prowler" and the "Toolbox Murders" off of Borders Book Store for $20 American. "Prowler" was pretty good and I commend Blue Underground for the great transfer, must be off the original negative because its so damn sweet yet i would place my bet on the "Toolbox Murders" as being the best buy for your money. This DVD truely kicks ass and is loaded with extras. Whats so damn funny is I was about to buy it online as well but I stumbled on a copy of both and decided to buy them in one foul swoop. Thank you Blue Underground for authoring two sweet DVD's that are overlooked in this age of pixilated garbage I only hope "1000 Days and Nights in Sodom" is next!!!

indiephantom
08-26-2003, 02:09 AM
Just watched it...very cool slasher for the most part. Not as good as Maniac in the overall sense, or in terms of suspense/story/acting...but the kills were possibly better. It's got a great looking stalking and maintains a creepy sense of dread. I was expecting something a bit more relentless, but I was still very happy.

Excellent commentary so far.:banana:

shift
10-14-2003, 07:52 PM
I just picked up my copy for $14.00 @ BB,, now on SALE :)

Hammerfan
10-14-2003, 11:27 PM
THE PROWLER is one of my favorite 80s slashers. I've watched this a number of times since getting the DVD when it first came out. I highly recommend it to genre fans.

I just picked up my copy for $14.00 @ BB,, now on SALE :)

STREET TRASH
10-15-2003, 05:30 AM
I just picked up the Blue Underground DVD last Saturday. It looks soooo nice. I'm still going to keep my VCII tape around but for nostalgia reasons only, though.

Andrew
10-15-2003, 07:23 AM
Man I got this too not so long ago and loved it. Was surprised as fucking hell that this got an R rating. Is it uncut/has it always been? Or did BU just slap an R on there?

Cantona07
10-15-2003, 10:26 PM
The Prowler for me is one of the best slasher flicks ever made. I would call it a ''love story'' in many ways if you think about it. Man has love for a women who does not love him anymore, his love for Rosemary drove him to ''express his feelings'' in a funny kinda way. Back in England it was known as Rosemary's Killer which I personally think is a better title.