PDA

View Full Version : dddhouse shipping :(

2D4EVER
09-05-2002, 04:34 AM
I'm thinking of placing an order but the shipping is pretty insane. I was planning on getting 16 discs first but I cut it down to 13. The discs are $695 HK all together but the shipping is $200 HK.:( I don't really wanna spend that much on shipping but I guess I'll have to. Unless someone else knows a cheaper store. Ebay will definately be more expensive if I buy all the discs seperately. Don't know what to do. I may have to bite the bullet and pay the $200HK shipping.:( Any advice?

Later all...

Azathoth
09-05-2002, 08:50 AM
200$ shipping.... Thats less than 25$.

And you're buying 13 DVDs? At 2$ shipping each?

So around 7-8$ each DVD, new, shipped from HK. How much cheaper could you ask?

2D4EVER
09-05-2002, 04:52 PM
Well...I could ask for FREE shipping!:D
I know...it's not that bad considering it's that many discs but I guess I insanely figured that they'd give you a break when you order more dvd's. Anyway...I'm cutting it down to 6 discs. Maybe 5 if someone can talk me out of getting Full Time Killer. I figure I don't need to get 13 dvds from them right now. I'm already getting some stuff from DVDsoon and all this should be more than enough to tide me over (and make me poor) for a while.

Later all...

LJMurder
09-08-2002, 06:00 PM
don't cut out fulltime killer, that movie is awesome. Also, get you shoot, i shoot by the same director, it's comedy gold.

DVD Connoisseur
09-11-2002, 01:07 AM
I don't mind paying dddhouse's shipping charges as the packages come recorded delivery, thus no parcels go missing en route.

moogong
09-11-2002, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by DVD Connoisseur
I don't mind paying dddhouse's shipping charges as the packages come recorded delivery, thus no parcels go missing en route.

Have you ever had that problem?? So far I have never had any online dvd purchasing problems. Having your shipment get lost would drive me insane.

DVD Connoisseur
09-11-2002, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by moogong77
Have you ever had that problem?? So far I have never had any online dvd purchasing problems. Having your shipment get lost would drive me insane.

Yep. Recently, a DVD I'd ordered, and the subsequent replacement (!) for the DVD, went missing on the way from DVD Box Office. To say I was not best pleased is the understatement of the year.

Here in the UK, there are always postal issues of one kind or another. A large delivery of Last House on the Left went missing at Heathrow recently meaning that Movietyme customers (including me) had a long wait on their hands. To give Movietyme credit, they reacted to the problem immediately and advised their customers through their forum.

There's also the talk of "evil posties" on some forums. Thankfully, the postal service where I live is superb but there are other areas with less than brilliant reputations....:mad:

2D4EVER
09-12-2002, 07:49 AM
Alright I caved in. Bought 9 DVDs from them. I'm gonna be poor soon.

Later all...

DVD Connoisseur
09-12-2002, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by 2D4EVER
Alright I caved in. Bought 9 DVDs from them.

Good man! You know it makes sense!:D